1315 9 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So 12 months ago people were throwing their toys out of the Cradel because in Europe didn't get ADSB with their Air2. Now according to logo on right fwd leg we have ADSB, but for me thats were it begins and ends, I listened to so many believing the sky would fall in if we didn't have ADSB that thousands of lives would be saved and drone pilots would be that much closer to real pilots.

"SO WHERE IS IT"

Using Smart Controller I was asked to sign into something to do with ADSB, "I did" then nothing I think a message saying I would be notified if a manned craft was close, But that's it, its nowhere to be found for me. With standard controller I never got invited to the party nothing Nada zilch, so I'm not sure if I have to continue to look out for low flying aircraft when using standard controller probably;+)

Seriously where is it how do I know I'm in contact that nothing is going to creep up on me. Is this what Americans got "A Greeting" nothing else would like to know because this is very suspicious and I actually have no way that I can see if they're low flying craft near me.

Appreciate the input .
2021-4-22
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly its the same for us here in the US as for any results when using this feature. That is unless you live close to a local airport (Class E or private) which I did just to "test" this and sure enough, the DJI Fly app will alert you to nearby aircraft (maybe less than ~1mile radius of drone and around 1000feet (~300m) altitude). Bear in mind the aircraft will have to be using ADS-B which the older models might not have yet.

When it does alert you, listen and look for the aircraft. Here's a example screenshot when I was taking a sphere pano. It will tell you when its really close and to lower the drone altitude to avoid any incident.

2021-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RobZilla Posted at 4-22 14:16
Honestly its the same for us here in the US as for any results when using this feature. That is unless you live close to a local airport (Class E or private) which I did just to "test" this and sure enough, the DJI Fly app will alert you to nearby aircraft (maybe less than ~1mile radius of drone and around 1000feet (~300m) altitude). Bear in mind the aircraft will have to be using ADS-B which the older models might not have yet.

When it does alert you, listen and look for the aircraft. Here's a example screenshot when I was taking a sphere pano. It will tell you when its really close and to lower the drone altitude to avoid any incident.

First Class thank you, I can stop searching, and as you say its working fine.
2021-4-22
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No worries, understandable on your concern as we paid good money for these drones and features and want to know if it works!

BTW, here's a great example when an aircraft is really near you and flys over. You can see the aircraft symbol and the direction. This example I recall the aircraft flying over  a minute later which I'm glad I lowered the drone just in case. Notice when its a warning its in orange on the earlier screenshot, but  when it really is near the warning box is red.

2021-4-22
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-22 14:57
No worries, understandable on your concern as we paid good money for these drones and features and want to know if it works!

BTW, here's a great example when an aircraft is really near you and flys over. You can see the aircraft symbol and the direction. This example I recall the aircraft flying over  a minute later which I'm glad I lowered the drone just in case. Notice when its a warning its in orange on the earlier screenshot, but  when it really is near the warning box is red.

RobZilla, do we know what the 520 is in the map box, is it the height of the approaching aircraft? Thanks!
2021-4-22
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 4-22 15:47
RobZilla, do we know what the 520 is in the map box, is it the height of the approaching aircraft? Thanks!

Yes 520 is our local highway, Highway 520, not the height.   I'm in the Seattle area and this particular flight I was flying in Redmond at the local velodrome.
2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice to know it actually works, I also wondered about it
2021-4-22
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Work in Europe?
2021-4-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, hallmark007. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Aside from the sample screenshots posted by RobZilla, we'd just like to add some clarification that ADS-B technology has two key components: The first is ADS-B Out, which can be installed in traditional aircraft to determine and broadcast flight information such as flight path, speed, and altitude. The second is ADS-B In, which receives information broadcast from ADS-B Out transmitters. DJI drones with AirSense only use ADS-B In, which means they are able to see nearby traditional aircraft without congesting the airwaves by adding additional transmissions. Furthermore, AirSense receives information broadcast from 1090ES (RTCA DO-260B) and UAT (RTCA DO-282B), but for aircraft with malfunctioning transmitters, or no ADS-B Out, AirSense cannot receive broadcast messages and will be unable to send out warnings.

For more information about AirSense, you can check out this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense
2021-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have heard people on the forum get a notification, but I'm not sure what drone and what location that was.
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules