Video Editing - What are you using
879 12 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

I'm new to dealing with video recording / editing / uploading for viewing.

How do you do your video editing?  What software and where do you then store your videos for others to see?

Thanks!
2021-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Steelart99. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. Since this is a 3rd party editing software to edit your work. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members on what is the best 3rd party software they are using in editing there videos. Thank you.
2021-4-22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi. I use Final Cut Pro on the Mac and I love it. I upload to YouTube which is okay and works fine with embedding it here on the forum.
2021-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out Davinci Resolve,  they have a free tier and its very good with a lot of online tutorials.
2021-4-23
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The two most popular I would say are Premiere Pro and Final Cut, I use Premiere Pro. Final cut is a one payment buy software and and Premiere pro is monthly, both have free trials.
Storage wise I have them categorised on my hard drive which gets backed up to cloud storage.
Youtube is simple and makes it easy to share in various ways,
2021-4-23
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

I'm working on a Windows based machine, so Final Cut are not available for me.  I'll try Davinci Resolve and I also have Adobe Premier Elements which I have not fully tried out.  My biggest issue is either compression of the final video or working out a "quick" upload method / location.  It has taken me over 2 days to try to upload a couple 3.5GB files to Google One Drive.  
2021-4-23
Use props
Vertigocal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554928 ft
Germany

Steelart99 Posted at 4-23 03:29
I'm working on a Windows based machine, so Final Cut are not available for me.  I'll try Davinci Resolve and I also have Adobe Premier Elements which I have not fully tried out.  My biggest issue is either compression of the final video or working out a "quick" upload method / location.  It has taken me over 2 days to try to upload a couple 3.5GB files to Google One Drive.

+1 for Davinci Resolve. At first a little bit overwhelming because it’s a pro tool like Premiere. But runs much faster on my pc than Premiere. Keep in mind, that you‘ll need decent hardware for the rendering. Especially for noise reduction. Neatvideo is the best for this by the way. If you have a geforce it‘s able to use it for noise reduction, which is much faster than the cpu.
2021-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DaVinci resolve 17.
2021-4-23
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Steelart99 Posted at 4-23 03:29

"It has taken me over 2 days to try to upload a couple 3.5GB files to Google One Drive."

The first video I tried to share was 4K/60. I realized it was going to take days to upload so I went out and made a short video at 1080P. This produced a more manageable file size. I was able to upload this smaller file in a few hours.

I have a feeling using 4K video with a cloud service will require a faster internet connection that I presently use.

I also plan to use Davinci Resolve.  Apparently some of the Black Magic cameras include a Pro license for Davinci Resolve. I'll use the free version for now but I might want to purchase a Black Magic camera in the future.
2021-4-23
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Wondershare Filmora X, from a torrent
2021-4-24
Use props
eisenfliege
lvl.3
Germany

Actually, I use iMovie on my Macbook Pro (it is free and easy to use). I tested MAGIX Video deluxe Premium on Windows 10, but this was buggy and not intuitive for me.
I also plan to test Davinci Resolve and Final Cut.

In the past I used Premiere, but for my purpose, it is too expensive.
2021-4-24
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Filmora Wondershare
2021-4-25
Use props
T3lmuf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3619131 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use GoPro Quik app, is more than enough for publishing in social media.
2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules