Mavic Air 2 Altitude issue
775 5 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TPM_
lvl.1
Mexico

Hello, im having issues using Mavic Air 2 for mapping. In my place we are around 500 masl (Metres Above Sea Level). When I saw the altitude in EXIF data it was only +50.20m (fly height), not 500m. The absolute and relative altitude are the same so my maps and models (photogrammetry) use the relative altitude (50 metres fly height). On my mini 2 theres other relative altitude (in this case almost 518 metres). For example:
One photo at the same place and height:

Mini 2
Relative altitude: +518 metres
Absolute altitude: +50.70 metres

Mavic air 2
Relative altitude: +50.20 metres
Absolute altitude: +50.20 metres

Is there any way to change that? or is a Firmware problem?

Sorry for my english.

2021-4-22
Use props
TPM_
lvl.1
Mexico

Mavic Air 2 Altitude issues

Hello, im having issues using Mavic Air 2 for mapping. In my place we are around 500 masl (Metres Above Sea Level). When I saw the altitude in EXIF data it was only +50.20m (fly height), not 500m. The absolute and relative altitude are the same so my maps and models (photogrammetry) use the relative altitude (50 metres fly height). On my mini 2 theres other relative altitude (in this case almost 518 metres). For example:

Mini 2
Relative altitude: +518 metres
Absolute altitude: +50.70 metres

Mavic air 2
Relative altitude: +50.20 metres
Absolute altitude: +50.20 metres

Sorry for my english.

2021-4-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TPM_ Posted at 4-22 18:39

Usually photogrammetry uses the Relative altitude and you need to use  ground control points if you want to tie it to the local topographic  height.

There's no way to change the way the metadata is saved.
But it would be unusual if the metadata shows the same numbers for relative and absolute heights.
If you post one of the original full-sized images and I'll look into the metadata.
2021-4-22
Use props
TPM_
lvl.1
Mexico

On mini 2 i dont have any issues with the altitude because is above sea level, but on mavic air 2 is the same altitude and if i map a hill i will have negative altitude.  I cant even use GCP’s because are far from images on ray cloud (like 550 metres above).
E3AC92F4-1B83-4F24-AB2A-438973FF356D.jpeg
31755CB1-16A2-4B1A-8DAA-FF9B8FD8CA61.jpeg
2021-4-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TPM_ Posted at 4-23 06:10
On mini 2 i dont have any issues with the altitude because is above sea level, but on mavic air 2 is the same altitude and if i map a hill i will have negative altitude.  I cant even use GCP’s because are far from images on ray cloud (like 550 metres above).

On mini 2 i dont have any issues with the altitude because is above sea level, but on mavic air 2 is the same altitude and if i map a hill i will have negative altitude.
Mapping usually uses the relative height - really that's what usually happens.
I cant even use GCP’s because are far from images on ray cloud (like 550 metres above).
???? not sure what you are saying here.

It would be unusual if the metadata shows the same numbers for relative and absolute heights.
Please post one of the original full-sized images so I can look into the metadata and see if the Absolute height is hidden in there somewhere you can't see.
2021-4-23
Use props
TPM_
lvl.1
Mexico

One photo is from MA2 (first photo) and the other from MM2 (second photo).

Also look at this photos from raycloud where we can see the relative absolute same as absolute relative (fly height). First photo is the GCP height and second photo the model with relative height.

2021-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules