Please Help! When I tilt my camera it hits the gimbal's frame.
614 0 2021-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rB1fVCcvQQL7
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased a Canon R6 with a Tokina AF 16-28mm f/2.8 at-X PRO lens which is a fairly heavy lens. The set up is front heavy so it naturally causes the tilt axis of the camera to lean forward. Following YouTube tutorails, I first tried to counteract this tilt by bringing the camera back on the mouting plate that comes with the Ronin-s until the camera will remain level. The problem arises in the second step of balancing the ronin-s, which is to apparently lean your camera back and point it up towards the sky to completely balance it on the tilt axis. Since my camera is so far back from counteracting the lens's weight, when I tilt the camera back to point it up, the eyecup/viewfinder hits the back of the gimbal (the roll motor). I don't know how to get around this, no matter what I do I can't properly balance the camera because of this. I would think the ronin-s could easily carry the weight of this beginner lens, I'd image much heavier lenses can be put on here, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. All of the tutorials I follow, never seem to have a problem with their cameras hitting the frame of the gimbal and I can't find any posts talking about this issue. What am I doing wrong? Please any help would be greatly appreciated!
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules