Unlocking "red zones" for DJI mini 2 in Australia
1749 1 2021-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmrza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285207 ft
Australia

I have a query about the process to unlock a DJI Mini 2 in a "red zone" in Australia, or more specifically in a restricted zone in proximity to a controlled airport.
The CASA drone rules state that you may not fly a drone weighing more than 250g within 5.5km of a controlled airport.  With the Mini 2 weighing less than 250g, this means that no authorisation is required from CASA in order to fly within 5.5km of a controlled airport.  (https://www.casa.gov.au/knowyourdrone/drone-rules)
The documentation of the DJI unlocking process states that you need to provide documentation to prove authorisation.  Given that flying a drone weighing under 250g is permitted under 5.5km from a controlled airport, no authorisation is necessary.

What I would like to find out is if anyone has experience of applying for unlocking of a restricted zone in proximity to a controlled airport for a Mini 2 in Austalia.  Given that CASA does not require or provide any documentation, I am wondering what documentation, if any DJI requires.
2021-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the red zone would need documentation as its basically the runway and the flightpaths,   the blue zone which is the 5.5km zone around the airport can be self unlocked.  Heres an example-

2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules