Air 2S Loud fan/noise issue on startup
5604 14 2021-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amazonite
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone. I got my Air 2S delivered yesterday, April 22nd. It seems whenever I turn the drone on, it starts making a loud fan noise, almost like the fan is broken. I took a video of it, you can find it below. After about a minute or two, the noise settles down but it definitely sounds concerning, to say the least. Oddly enough, after the noise dies down, if I turn it off and immediately back on it doesn't make the loud noise but if I let the drone sit for a little while (an hour or more) it happens all over again. Is this worth looking into returning or replacing, and if so how would I go about that?

2021-4-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Contact DJI support as that sounds horrible and I wouldn't trust it as it may overheat. Or return it to where you purchased it from. Definitely not normal.
2021-4-23
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

That sounds bad. On my unit the fan starts as soon as I turn it on, but it sounds like any normal (a bit noisy) fan.
2021-4-23
Use props
Amazonite
lvl.1

United States

I agree with both of you. Definitely doesn't sound normal. I just emailed DJI Support so hopefully I can get this resolved soon. Thanks!
2021-4-23
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely concerning as it sounds like a defective fan. I would exchange/return where ever you bought it from asap. Don't use DJI care refresh yet if you have it as the Air 2S is still new, just over a week old.

2021-4-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That does not sound right, should not be doing that, I would send it back
2021-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Amazonite. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about the concern you're encountering. We suggest doing a quick firmware update/refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 then check if it can be resolved. If it doesn't, please send the unit back to our Service Center immediately for further checking.
2021-4-24
Use props
Amazonite
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all for your replies/suggestions! I got in touch with DJI Support yesterday and I’m currently in the process of returning it and getting a replacement. Not sure how long that’ll take but hopefully not too long.
2021-4-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sounds different from my drones.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_5dFf0qF4hedh
New
Flight distance : 227277 ft
India

I’m facing the same issue, as soon as I start my drone (Air 2S) it makes loud fan noise and doesn’t stop. I checked it’s bottom side and it gets too hot. I don’t know if it’s a issue with my drone or not. Did anyone reach out to Dji regarding this issue? And what did they say on this.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_UVSak8UhZgM8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92405 ft
Spain

djiuser_5dFf0qF4hedh Posted at 4-28 19:39
I’m facing the same issue, as soon as I start my drone (Air 2S) it makes loud fan noise and doesn’t stop. I checked it’s bottom side and it gets too hot. I don’t know if it’s a issue with my drone or not. Did anyone reach out to Dji regarding this issue? And what did they say on this.

All the air 2s are like that
2021-4-30
Use props
UAV-KMP
lvl.2
United States

Same problem.
2021-6-7
Use props
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

djiuser_UVSak8UhZgM8 Posted at 4-30 07:31
All the air 2s are like that

Not mine. Fan was perfect. Do these fans have ball bearings?
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_FJVRUWqTxyKC
New

Australia

I have an Air 2, and mine kinda sounds the same but it only sounded like that after I had gotten a little bit of sand in it and shook the drone a little to get it out. Then after booting it up it sounded like something is hitting the fan maybe a wire or styrofoam beside it?
2022-6-10
Use props
JerseyJim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692270 ft
United States

Yesterday (06-19-2022) I had my Air 2S for 9 days, and after 90 Km and 60 flights, I hung it up in some thin tree branches, up 15 feet while orbiting slowly in a POI circle. I managed to shake it out of the leaves with a thrown rope over the branch. I broke it's fall by catching it, but then I dropped it 4 feet to the ground. After this impact, all works well except noisy fan like in the examples above, and I get occasional "processor overheat" error message. I was later 1 mile out when it forced a RTH due to an overheat alarm. The fan has always been quiet from new. Is this an expensive repair from DJI repair? Just trying to get an idea what to expect.
     I hardly ever fly in Sport mode, but just returned from thousands of open acres and if I was in normal or cine mode, the sensors would have been on. What a bone-head move. My POI circle was just slightly to large.  I wish there were audible alarms whenever in Sport mode, as like when returning to home. Has anyone paid for this repair? I see the fan could be had for about $20.
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules