I managed to get an original part but this shows the scams that are on eBay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VHXKH7gSRzo

2021-4-23
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

E-bay has become an open air market for fakes and counterfit goods. Due diligence is required. I rarely purchase on E-bay any more becuase of this.
2021-4-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow! that's a scam?  
2021-4-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The guy in the video keeps saying he got no apology....however the seller typed "sorry for that". Excuse me, is that not an apology?

I have bought 3 used drones on eBay: one Mini, one MA2, and now one M2P. I have been very happy with all of those purchases. Some items from eBay however, usually minimal ones, have not been satisfactory; but normally I have gotten my money worth.

2021-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 4-23 19:48
The guy in the video keeps saying he got no apology....however the seller typed "sorry for that". Excuse me, is that not an apology?

I have bought 3 used drones on eBay: one Mini, one MA2, and now one M2P. I have been very happy with all of those purchases. Some items from eBay however, usually minimal ones, have not been satisfactory; but normally I have gotten my money worth.

Typing sorry for that is just a hollow apology, as a long time ebayer I would have offered an immediate replacement and or a refund, it’s easy to type sorry and not mean it.
The point of the video is to make others aware of the knock off products that are being sold on eBay, this being one of them
2021-4-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice share.  Definitely have to do your due diligence when purchasing on eBay.
2021-4-24
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

In that situation.
The best that i thing I do is.
I’d very carefully hold each end with the strap between my hands and very very very carefully and slowly worm the strap with a hair dryer and see if it can stretch it a little.
I know that’s wrong but seeing sending it back isn’t an option id give it a try.
But that’s just me thinking out of the box.  Don’t melt the plastic strap. Just gradually slowly worm up . Do it slowly .
I’ve done this to watch bands that were to tight. I have large wrists lol.
Doug
2021-4-24
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Donut Michigan Posted at 4-24 11:02
In that situation.
The best that i thing I do is.
I’d very carefully hold each end with the strap between my hands and very very very carefully and slowly worm the strap with a hair dryer and see if it can stretch it a little.

Yes that was suggested by someone else, I've managed to find an original DJI one now so the other will be put in the hall of shame
2021-4-24
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

It's hardly a 'scam' or a 'rip-off'. Nowhere does the seller state that it is a genuine DJI product. It is also half the price of the genuine article, so you have to take that into account before you buy. They also have a clear 'get out' clause as they openly state 'Please allow 1-3mm error due to manual measurement'. As TP-FPV states above, eBay (and Amazon) are full of counterfeit goods, and you have to take that into account when making a purchase.

As for feedback, that seller had four positive reviews for the same product. I also checked a couple of other sellers selling the exact same product, right down to the pictures and wording, and with ratings of over 147k and 188k, all showing positive reviews of the product.

Like quite a lot of people who buy off eBay, including myself, your buying decision went against you in this instance. I got stung by a seller in the last couple of weeks. I ordered a single item (Around £7) and received two of them in separate packages. I didn't get any apology for the slip up on their side, but I was still expected to pay to send the second one back. In the end I contacted eBay (a nightmare) and they issued a prepaid label for me to return it. If you plan on returning it, I would contact eBay (by phone) and see if they are willing to issue a pre-paid label as the goods aren't fit for purpose and you shouldn't have to pay to return them.
2021-4-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 4-25 05:49
It's hardly a 'scam' or a 'rip-off'. Nowhere does the seller state that it is a genuine DJI product. It is also half the price of the genuine article, so you have to take that into account before you buy. They also have a clear 'get out' clause as they openly state 'Please allow 1-3mm error due to manual measurement'. As TP-FPV states above, eBay (and Amazon) are full of counterfeit goods, and you have to take that into account when making a purchase.

As for feedback, that seller had four positive reviews for the same product. I also checked a couple of other sellers selling the exact same product, right down to the pictures and wording, and with ratings of over 147k and 188k, all showing positive reviews of the product.

You make a good point, perhaps im just used to ebayers who sell good products.

In the end I got a refund for the item.
2021-4-25
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

eBay customer support is crap!!  I received a wrong item, started a claim the seller contacted eBay stating I had received the item as they had tracking on the postage??

eBay support then closed my case stating I had received the item?!?!  IT WAS the WRONG item !!

So be careful you may get something but it may not be the correct thing
2021-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

whiteghost Posted at 4-26 08:14
eBay customer support is crap!!  I received a wrong item, started a claim the seller contacted eBay stating I had received the item as they had tracking on the postage??

eBay support then closed my case stating I had received the item?!?!  IT WAS the WRONG item !!

PayPal is your recourse, anything I buy is opened on video so that I have proof of contents, PayPal like this as it makes a claim easier
2021-4-26
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

crash1sttime Posted at 4-25 06:00
You make a good point, perhaps im just used to ebayers who sell good products.

Positive result.
2021-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules