143804 60 2021-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

And it's better then we ever thought....oh wait

Maybe DJI will finally bring some updates to the mini 2 and series knowing competition is around the corner.

2021-4-23
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's actually a good looking drone. If it's even close to their claims, I'll probably buy one if their price is good, and it usually is! Can't wait till it comes out to see some reviews
2021-4-23
Use props
Mini Kolli
lvl.2
Germany

Promising, but just announced
2021-4-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hubsan generally makes good drones but I had bad experiences with them in the past. I am surprised they managed to cram in so much features and still keep the drone at 249g with 40 minutes flight time.
2021-4-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

They will over promise and under deliver.
2021-4-23
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

I am waiting for the first tests. On paper it looks impressive.
2021-4-23
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Great,,,any review?
2021-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To good to be true I think.
2021-4-24
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 00:06
To good to be true I think.

I don't think so DAFLYS ,,, they just xploit the posibilities of the camera sensor and the mainboard processor,meanwhile DJI always "cut" and "disables" several possible features of the DJI drones just for
commercial strategies even if the drone hardware is able to make them ...

Of course,MINI 2 hasn't sensors,but the processor is able of make a Active Track ,responsability of crash on a open environment beyonds to the pilot as when a Quickshot is done ...

Similar reasons for SlowDown 120fps on 1080p , or Hyperlapse (remember that hyperlapses is a
simple script which takes pictures each xxx seconds) ,, so ,, Why Mini2 doesn't make it ? because they want that we spend more money over another DJI DRONES (i.e air2/2s)...

If Zino Mini Pro breaks this lline, it's going to be a nice KICKASS for DJI and its monopoly ..i think that they have been several time abusing of their monopoly,and it's the moment so another enters on
the competition offering better support to us.
2021-4-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SuperWinnieperruna Posted at 4-24 02:19
I don't think so DAFLYS ,,, they just xploit the posibilities of the camera sensor and the mainboard processor,meanwhile DJI always "cut" and "disables" several possible features of the DJI drones just for

Lets hope its better than the Zino Pro then as that also looks good on paper but in practice the quality is terrible, at least from the reviews Ive seen.
2021-4-24
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

OmniVision OV48C sensor maybe ? it cover those specs .. 48MP , 1/1.3"
2021-4-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-23 15:54

Why you gotta talk about DJI like that?

Seriously though, DJI was only competing against itself as no other 249g drone existed or was even possibly a thought. Today, even if it falls short in some area's the fact that other companies are investing into the 249g market means DJI can't pick and choose what features they will make you pay for in the next release, now they have to stay competitive and offer a similar feature set that it previously never had too before.

Competition brings innovation and DJI didn't have a reason to make any major changes to the mini 2, but now we can see not only front Obstacle avoidance is possible at 249 but also rear. It includes all the software features DJI has kept from the mini 1 & 2 users, hyperlapse, spotlight, follow me, active track, DJI won't be able to pick and choose, soon a Mini 3S/Mini 2 PRO with all the features from the air 2s in the mini body....

And to those who question the camera, see how well Fimi has improved since last:

And while at times this doesn't match the mini 2's camera performance, it does match or slightly edge out the mini 1's video IMO.
(Skip around)

These knock off's are quickly catching up the mini 1 while throwing the mini 2 feature set at it.

2021-4-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks pretty good on paper.  However, I'd like to see how it performs in flight.  Sometimes marketing gets a bit carried away on products.
2021-4-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good (on paper)
2021-4-28
Use props
fans04c304e5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

if Autel and Skydio join sub 250g drone trend too, that's will make competition frikin hottest
2021-4-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

fans04c304e5 Posted at 4-28 01:25
if Autel and Skydio join sub 250g drone trend too, that's will make competition frikin hottest

Personally I'm waiting on Parrot, the Anafi is mod-able to 249g with a battery change. It wouldn't surprise me if Autel, Skydio, Parrot aren't working on a 249g entry.
2021-4-28
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

Hope DJI adds tracking abilities to the Mini 2 so they can compete with the Hubsan features...
2021-5-4
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Skydio Mini would be perfect. 360 obstacle avoidance, active track, >30 minutes flight time
2021-5-4
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Djimaniac Posted at 4-23 11:35
That's actually a good looking drone. If it's even close to their claims, I'll probably buy one if their price is good, and it usually is! Can't wait till it comes out to see some reviews

Of course it's good looking it's a copy of the DJI Mavic series  
2021-5-6
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a Hubsan Zino.. It's gonna fall out of the sky like the rest of them
2021-5-7
Use props
AJ356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224446 ft
United States

If they were to release this "flagship" product, what else could they add later in the future? 8K resolution? Hopefully they don't go the same route as DJI and make this drone a little lacking or not as good quality and then release a new, more expensive version with little improvements.
2021-5-7
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Click bait.....
2021-5-8
Use props
MADagain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448360 ft
Australia

How is DJI not throwing them to the wolves over the design similarities haha
2021-5-15
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

SuperWinnieperruna Posted at 4-24 02:19

100% on the money
2021-5-16
Use props
fans6427a42f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728665 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-23 15:54

True.....3 times now.  I have bought new drones with exciting claims but ldet dows when seeing the unspecified and advertised restrictions on claims.
Moreover, Wiuth any dji QUAD,, of the 4 I own.  Not one time have they stood by there obligation is the care refresh contract.  
NO DOUBT many on these forums complain on insignificant issues.  The first flyaway of the first I owned(mini2) was not honored but did get a incredibly generous 15% discount of puchase of new one!  (note sarcasm)

Unfortuneately ...I let this go as an outlier not in iine with ther reputation.  

But now, the AR 2 s , bought at Best Buy, was brought home then immediately before flight within 24 hrs attached to a newly purchased care refresh plus policy for the air 2s.   
Then upon setting and updating for flight, I noticed an unusual sound and louder than normal noise made from the motors.  U understood the motors were the same as the Air 2 which I had already sold.  
I exchanged at BEst Buy fir new drone.  Somehow, I was to know that I am to email care refresh support to have them transfer that policy to new drone.  I understood that, but asked how is anyone to know this is required if new to drones.  No answer so I let it go.  THen told it may take at least 7-10 days for this to take effect.  I use this for income, and cannot wait, but the rep. (assuming it is a human I was communiated this to, then said a phrase I would see again over and over: " " Kindly provide....then we will take it from there?    Wonderful...but  then I asked could i in the meantime purchase another new refresh policy for gap coverage until transfer is complete.  after then finally transferred to human....I was assured I may either wait for transfer or i can do both and be refunded for the policy that goes unused assuming not used due to damage.  No poblem...
Now I have TWO REFRES POLICIES ON ONE AIRCRCRAFT.  IA WAS NEVER TOLD THE TRANSFER OCCURRED BUT COUNTING ON THE ASSURANCE THAT ONCE INFO NEEDED WAS SENT IN, THE DID IN FACT ...."TAKE IT FROM HERE"

HOW WRONG I WAS.   

ANYONE READiNG :  DO NOT .   
DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU AT REFRESH SUPPORT.    I AM NOW WITH A CRACK ...RATHER MINOR BUT UNABLE TO KNOW ENOUGH HOW TO FIX THE CRACKED ARM, AM COVERED , HOWEVER AT SAME TIME, EVERN WITH AGREEEMENT NUMBER, TOLD IT IS NOT VALID.  THEN THEY REFUNDED THE COST OF ONE OF THE REFRESH POLICIES!!!!   

CABWANYONE TELL ME WHAT IF ANYTHING I AM MISSING.   IF NOT, IIT WILL BE NOW MY LIFES HOBBY TO BE CERTAIN ALL KNOW OF THIS FRAUD AND NOT TO TRUST ANY CLAIMS OR EVEN BINDING CONTRACT FROM THIS CONGLOMERANT.

PLS IF ANYONE KNOW HOW TO HELP....I BEG FOR ADVICE

W
2021-5-18
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

First videos are sprouting up

2021-8-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Some functions are not working yet, but I am quite impressed by what I have seen so far. A much better start compared to Fimi Mini. Only two things that bothered me were the huge charging hub and the fake sd card slot.
2021-8-11
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

It sure will hurt DJI, even if there is a mini 3 I don't think the price will be lower. This Zino will surely be my next drone because with DJI I made a mistake 2 times, bought the mini 1 and 1 years later he dropped nothing for him, I took the mini 2 for 2 months and again the same thing wrong with the 1.4.8 aplication a lot of people complain about it but DJI does not move and I am afraid that it does the same thing as the mini 1, it will also be abandoned. so if it is to change drone every year as much as to buy a less expensive one with more things. I'm not saying that the mini 1 and 2 are far from bad but hey it's frustrating
2021-8-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

A third video is out from the same channel comparing hovering accuracy against Air2. Unless they have sent this guy a golden sample to further their agenda (or he is in on it) Zino Mini seems to be doing doing quite well.
2021-8-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Now I am impressed:

2021-8-14
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

4k footage
2021-8-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

I know the light is not challenging, but to my eye the dynamic range looks incredible. But there is one thing a lot of non-DJI drones suffer from, and that is vibration dampening, or tha lack there of it. Unfortunately I have noticed slight jello in a couple of instances.
2021-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 8-15 13:26
I know the light is not challenging, but to my eye the dynamic range looks incredible. But there is one thing a lot of non-DJI drones suffer from, and that is vibration dampening, or tha lack there of it. Unfortunately I have noticed slight jello in a couple of instances.

Yeah, noticed that too, such a shame for such a great spec, very little wind too looking at the smokestack and the fauna
2021-8-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Bashy Posted at 8-15 14:58
Yeah, noticed that too, such a shame for such a great spec, very little wind too looking at the smokestack and the fauna

Hopefully he got a lemon and it is not a design flaw. It would be such a waste...
2021-8-15
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 8-15 19:52
Hopefully he got a lemon and it is not a design flaw. It would be such a waste...

I don't want to like the Hubsan, but how can you not be impressed with what is shown.. Some of the features are missing and still in development, but this could really be competition to DJI.

I wonder if it will prompt them add all the features (And more) in the Mini 3, and hopefully even some of them to the Mini 2?
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

CemAygun Posted at 8-15 19:52

Yeah, ya right there, it would be as its certainly a drone i would seriously think about if DJI's next sub 249g is lacking in the same areas. I seriously doubt it would be though, no way can DJI let that slide lol
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_ap1NOSVqoQlW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535056 ft
Sweden

Good, now DJI is no longer in charge of what to release and when

I realy like DJI products, but I hope their market share will be reduced, all parts (including DJI will be strenghend by competition
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Really, another form of the same product?  Getting tiresome, especially when the mini2 isn't even polished yet.
The youtuber pitchmen are all fired up every time though, like they get free product or something.
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

looks great, but .... gps?  Distance and photo quality look good, now if they include gps it will be a direct competitor.
2021-8-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Bashy Posted at 8-16 04:39
Yeah, ya right there, it would be as its certainly a drone i would seriously think about if DJI's next sub 249g is lacking in the same areas. I seriously doubt it would be though, no way can DJI let that slide lol

I think Mini's  are a deliberately held back to prevent cannibalizing bigger, more expensive models (which I am sure have higher profit margins). But now, they sit at the bottom of the segment they have created, at least function wise.

I have never believed in brand loyalty; I think it hinders judgement and solely serves (most of the time undeserving) brand. So I don't care who makes the better product. Seeing such an advanced model, especially from an "underdog" company like Hubsan, gives me hope that sub 250gr category is going to places...
2021-8-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules