Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello DJI,
When I push the Forward stick, the drone first take altitude than is going forward.
Also noticed that is not flying with full body forward, but is going a few degrees in a side...
I have made the following:
- repaired the Smart C
- recalibrated the Smart C sticks
- Recalibrated drone IMU
- recalibrated the drone compass

Nothing helped.
The drone is taking altitude each time is commanded to go Forward, going upper and upper each time at begining of movement...Also is going on a side...

Normal mode and tripod mode - same shxt...is going fwd and up first, also is moving like is with 3-5 degrees turned.

2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

PS. Had 14 GPS sats, so is not GPS....also tried in an area without wind, same result.,..
2021-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help is to upload your flightlog, log mayby explains more.

Use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Put that uploaded link on here  or   just pu a cloud link on here to your log

cheers
JJB
2021-4-24
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

If you listen to the video as soon as the "bipbipbip" from the sensors stops the drone flights straight. To fly close to the ground and maintain low altitude you need to deactivate the sensors.

In normal mode and APAS the drone will automatically move away from objects/ground.

In tripod mode although APAS is not working (just brakes), down sensors will keep a distance from the ground.

If you deactivate the sensor asistance, sensor will still beep and the orange will appear in the screen, but the drone won't do anything to modify the trajectory. Also in sports mode all sensors are deactivated  (all except the bottom ones? didn't try to fly in sports at low altitude XD).

If you want the drone to move straight at low altitude go to the pilot assistance menu and instead of APAS/brake, select sensors off. From there the plane will show you the ornage bars and beep, but won't interfere with the commands, so you can do a super close ground shot, just above the tall grass, for example. Just remember to reactivate them afterwards XDD
2021-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You need to put up flight log, looks like normal pitch forward at full throttle.
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Thanks for reply, still I can not explain why each time goes forward increases altitude... Not only at 1.5m but also at 2 m high...after a few moves fwd-bckwd, is about 4m heigh... Not in this recording,, as was hard to record without Tripod...
Will try to post the flight data later.
2021-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-24 02:24
If you listen to the video as soon as the "bipbipbip" from the sensors stops the drone flights straight. To fly close to the ground and maintain low altitude you need to deactivate the sensors.

In normal mode and APAS the drone will automatically move away from objects/ground.

Hi
few comments on your post.

If you listen to the video as soon as the "bipbipbip" from the sensors stops the drone flights straight. To fly close to the ground and maintain low altitude you need to deactivate the sensors.Beeps are from the rear sensor, as in the front of the drone is 'nothing' at that height.
No need to deactive OA low flying, as long as there are no obstacles in the way  drone will fly forward at the same low height.

away from ground only if the bottom sensor is sensing 0.5 meters, so slow flying uphill will raise the craft.
Lowering height by RC down input is possible to 0.5 meter, after that a force landing will be initiated.
Away from objects front or rear ; true  craft will raise height or fly around the obstacle.

In tripod mode although APAS is not working (just brakes), down sensors will keep a distance from the ground.
see before

If you deactivate the sensor asistance, sensor will still beep and the orange will appear in the screen, but the drone won't do anything to modify the trajectory. Also in sports mode all sensors are deactivated  (all except the bottom ones? didn't try to fly in sports at low altitude XD).
Bottom sensor is not deactivated by disabling the OA.

If you want the drone to move straight at low altitude go to the pilot assistance menu and instead of APAS/brake, select sensors off. From there the plane will show you the ornage bars and beep, but won't interfere with the commands, so you can do a super close ground shot, just above the tall grass, for example. Just remember to reactivate them afterwards
see before, true if you want to fly real close to objects or fly through tall grass.....  

Cheers
JJB

2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

JJB* Posted at 4-24 02:04
Hi,

Best to get help is to upload your flightlog, log mayby explains more.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BGIE89Q06SB46ZARSOZJ/

From what i see, is totally messed up...I'am in ocean ))))
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2UPX0CB1AYGZM9YGJ261

Also second one is fck up....and sattelites were perfect, as I have seen on google map the position right were it was...
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

And is a Smart Controller...fully updated with Ass-istant 2...
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Seems PhantomLog is screwed....

https://app.airdata.com/share/LjerBJ
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

So..forward....from 3.6 ft to almost 10 ft without touching "UP" stick...on a decent flat ground...how's that possible? MA2 is keeping the same altitude.

Second 13 to 23....

Also, at second 52 to 1 min is also going up, from 5 ft to 9 ft...

As I have seen the behavior, is just increasing the altitude by itself...stupid if you ask me, as this is the GPS for....to keep it on same altitude...

1min 23 = 3.6 ft...going fwd...1 min 32 = 9 ft....x3 times the initial altitude....
2021-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-24 09:04
So..forward....from 3.6 ft to almost 10 ft without touching "UP" stick...on a decent flat ground...how's that possible? MA2 is keeping the same altitude.

Second 13 to 23....

Hi,

Height changes indeed seen in the log.

It happens flying at low altitute, imo it should remain at height  or APAS is sensing an 'obstacle' as false reading and craft does climb ofcourse.

Try again at about 5 or 10 meters height and see what how your drone fly. Direct sun light or refelctions into the sensors will have this effect too.

Also, at 1m07 'uncontrolled' down from 1.8 meter to 1.2 meter, just once in the log.
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

JJB* Posted at 4-24 10:47
Hi,

Height changes indeed seen in the log.
[Image]

Tks, will do...
Sun was almost inexistent at footage, cloudy weather...
I suspect errors in firmware or a bad drone...
Will see next days.
2021-4-24
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

If you don't deactivate sensors you can't go full speed close to the ground, is its normal behavior.

For example when flying at 20 meters or so from the ground at full speed, if APAS sees a 5 meter tall tree it will go a little up just in casae.
2021-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-24 11:55
Tks, will do...

Its starting to sound like buyers remorse, you seem to have so many things wrong with your drone. “Could you be the bigger part of the Problem”
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 13:19
Its starting to sound like buyers remorse, you seem to have so many things wrong with your drone. “Could you be the bigger part of the Problem”

Did not get this... It is a product that is launched unfinished, with lot of bugs... Like all DJi new drones.. But after Air 2 experience I wished to be a PLUS for Air2s and not a Minus... So is simple for me... Testing it again... If is having troubles... Return to seller in order to get the money back.
Unfortunately we work with drones... So we cannot afford testing and retesting and so on...
Still, I believe it is a problem with the drone, as is behaving very strange.
2021-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-24 13:59
Did not get this... It is a product that is launched unfinished, with lot of bugs... Like all DJi new drones.. But after Air 2 experience I wished to be a PLUS for Air2s and not a Minus... So is simple for me... Testing it again... If is having troubles... Return to seller in order to get the money back.
Unfortunately we work with drones... So we cannot afford testing and retesting and so on...
Still, I believe it is a problem with the drone, as is behaving very strange.

Several people have explained why it is happening, but you refuse to believe them?
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Geebax Posted at 4-24 14:23
Several people have explained why it is happening, but you refuse to believe them?

I don't refuze anything. As you see in flight log, also in video, there is no obstacle to make the drone go higher. Also today was tested at 5 M high, at end was 8 M high.
Also if you look on YouTube, there is cases where the drone is registering -1m at the homepoint, even if it is at 1.5-2m high.
Seems for me that is a real problem. Don't you think so?
2021-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-24 21:26
I don't refuze anything. As you see in flight log, also in video, there is no obstacle to make the drone go higher. Also today was tested at 5 M high, at end was 8 M high.
Also if you look on YouTube, there is cases where the drone is registering -1m at the homepoint, even if it is at 1.5-2m high.

"Also if you look on YouTube, there is cases where the drone is registering -1m at the homepoint, even if it is at 1.5-2m high. Seems for me that is a real problem. Don't you think so?"

No, I don't think it is a problem. The altitude is measured by a barometer device, and the degree of accuracy of barometers is easily plus 0r minus 4 metres.
2021-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Geebax Posted at 4-24 21:50
"Also if you look on YouTube, there is cases where the drone is registering -1m at the homepoint, even if it is at 1.5-2m high. Seems for me that is a real problem. Don't you think so?"

No, I don't think it is a problem. The altitude is measured by a barometer device, and the degree of accuracy of barometers is easily plus 0r minus 4 metres.

Never had this problem with 2Pro, Mini2, MA2... In same area.
You have A2S? Put it in front of you and go forward. You will see the drone going up and forward, also turning a little on a side.
If you don't see it, is clear I have a broken one.
2021-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also if you look on YouTube, there is cases where the drone is registering -1m at the homepoint, even if it is at 1.5-2m high.

Hi,

The mini1 had the same problem when brought to the market ; with full speed forward is raised some height, up to 2 or 3 meters.

How do i know ? i had a mini1 myself and tested this ''thousands" times.....

Mini2 and MA2 don`t have this behaviour.

As said by Geebax ; minus 1 height value is normal to see sometimes, take-off and fly to 120 meters and come back to starting level ; you will see plus/minus value up to 2 - 3 meter.
Why , bc it is a barometric sensor.

cheers
JJB
2021-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

JJB* Posted at 4-25 01:10
Hi,

The mini1 had the same problem when brought to the market ; with full speed forward is raised some height, up to 2 or 3 meters.

Tks JJb but we are talking about 10-20m distance with almost doubling the altitude. This is what disturbes me. Also the fact that is going up+fwd from start, making it unpredictable...
If I wanted to be just a complaining dude, I would be starting with integration of SC with A2S that is horrible, you cannot define actions for 5D buttons, when you try to change any the screen is taking it as refocusing on area and ruins the image, also lags in image at 700m distance...
But at all our drones never had this behavior to command fwd and drone goes up and fwd...
2021-4-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-24 12:49
If you don't deactivate sensors you can't go full speed close to the ground, is its normal behavior.

For example when flying at 20 meters or so from the ground at full speed, if APAS sees a 5 meter tall tree it will go a little up just in casae.

Hi Huginn

Would be nice to see your video of your drone flying at 20 meters height, overflying a 5 meter tall tree and see your drone climb a little...
It does not work like you said.
See my video,  flying low and you see the OA is working   but does not climb at the first obstabcle (car) but avoid it by moving left... still at same height it senses a new obstacle   now it does climb.  This is how OA works.

PS take-off : a high hand take-off, so that is way you see negative height value.

cheers
JJB

2021-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-24 12:49

It is not about full speed...is about 10-20% speed, and also at 2 meters high I cannot see what obstacles will detect the sensors below...
The drone just goes Up and Fwd, instead of just FWD...and this was not a problem but as it goes Fwd, is going also Up...Try to get a cinematic on this...Not to say that is unpredictable as you know is at 3m high and you have an obstacle at 6 m high...and guess what...until you get there, your drone is 6 m high )))
This is why I must say I'am angry...
A2S should have the advantages of MA2 and better sensor...but seems to get also a bunch of errors.
2021-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should know DJI drones as much as all of us.  Probably RMA it.  I had a sliding issue w/ the M2P gimbal where going all the way left or right would roll angle the gimbal near 45° no matter what I did basically making some footage unusable.  RMA fixed it.

Here is the thing, if you wait too long it will go out of warranty and it will remain like that forever (considering people don't pay to get it serviced).  RMA would correct that issue as you would get a drone that has been tested (hopefully).  All the problem drones out of manufacturing would get fixed only if people send them in and the problem is known.  People keeping things broken is what not to do.  It transfers that problem for the life of the equipment, owner to owner.  It's not good.  It definitely sucks to not be able to use it immediately but getting it fixed probably completely should be the only option.

Have you even tried to see what RTH looks like?  I wouldn't in that condition lol
2021-4-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

JJB* Posted at 4-25 01:25
Hi Huginn

Would be nice to see your video of your drone flying at 20 meters height, overflying a 5 meter tall tree and see your drone climb a little...

APAS obviously works relative to speed/inertia and acceleration of the drone... I was going at full speed close to the ground.

With the drone flying at full speed or when pitching for acceleration the sysitem will leave a huge margin from obstacles. If you are close to the ground and in the sudden push the stick full forward ofcourse the drone will go up a few meters, it's the expected behaviour of the anticollision system (you can even hear the beeping alerts in the first video on this topic).

If you want to fly close to obstacles/ground either fly slowly or deactivate APAS/brake.

PS: And to test if the drone is malfunctioning (forward input also giving an upward input) he just needs to test it higher. Go 50 meters height and just push the stick forward, if the altitude is increasing the drone/controller is malfunctioning.

2021-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Also if you look on YouTube, there is cases where the drone is registering -1m at the homepoint, even if it is at 1.5-2m high.

All of that is quite normal, but it seems you’re just convincing yourself you are not cut out for this. If drone is broke send it back members cannot fix a broken drone.
2021-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

So... I have tested right now very carefully..
Conclusion:
1. The behavior is only in Normal mode... In Tripod and even Sport mode is not taking altitude.
2. Does not have any to do with sensors, but with the degree the drone inclines. Tested at 2m, 5m, 10m...no sound from sensors, but if you go to almost 75% throttle in Normal mode, the drone goes Up and FORWARD.
3. Cannot start Mastershots... Have tried in 4 different locations, different altitudes, with NO RESTRICTIONS in area... Just the error message that max altitude is reached... Tried with SC and also with N1 standard. No success.
4. The sticks are faaar to responsive in Normal Mode at FWD/BACKW, both remotes does not allows you to have a good control. Also the drone angle in Normal at 75% throttle is as I see as Sport mode full throttle... Not normal.
In conclusion:
DJI SOFTWARE NEEDS FAST IMPROVEMENT, ALSO A QUICK RESOLVE IN FIRMWARE FOR A2S.

DJI MODS, ARE YOU HERE??? YOU GOT THE MESSAGE???
2021-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 03:28
All of that is quite normal, but it seems you’re just convincing yourself you are not cut out for this. If drone is broke send it back members cannot fix a broken drone.

We are here to share experience and problems in order to help all and make Dji aware of their bugs.
If I was lazy, the drone was now in Return and money recovered, as here we have 14 days legal right to give it back and cash-in in full.
But this is the lazy choice.
Thanks all for helping with ideas, please start pressing DJi to be aware and fix this bug.
2021-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Also another 2 Air2s owners confirmed that only in Normal mode when you start moving forward with the Fwd stick close to full throttle, in the first few meters the drone is taking altitude fast with 2-3 meters Up... No matter if is on ground level or 10-20-xx meters high from ground ... That without touching the UP command... Only Forward... Clear bug.
2021-4-25
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I've noted the same "bug".   I will watch this thread
2021-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DIscussion and also recording of drone behavior moved here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D768%26typeid%3D768
2021-4-25
Use props
Peregrine33
New

United States

I am having the SAME issue. Forward flight from a hover, at any altitude, in NORMAL flight mode, with no obstacles present, causes the Mavic Air 2S to rapidly rise in elevation approximatly 3 to 4 feet before it levels out. It is very frustrating.
2021-6-29
Use props
fansc5dcb9ae
lvl.2

United States

Same issue here. I’ve owned 3 other Mavics and only the Air 2s does an upward movement when trying to go forward. I can only reproduce it in Normal mode. Other modes do not have the same behavior. Definitely a bug.
2022-2-5
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

fansc5dcb9ae Posted at 2-5 18:19
Same issue here. I’ve owned 3 other Mavics and only the Air 2s does an upward movement when trying to go forward. I can only reproduce it in Normal mode. Other modes do not have the same behavior. Definitely a bug.

I have change it as it was killing all my footage...So I cannot tell you what to do...
The behavior was not very good even at changed one, as each time I have tried to make a straight footage, in first 20 meters the drone increased the altitude with a few meters instantly...did not matter that was at 5 or 35 meters above ground, nothing in front or back of it for more than 50 meters, was just fast climbing when started the forward movement...
So was sold because of this bug (I still say is a BUG, as no safety OA can put a drone in climbing so fast when is needed to go just forward).
So...my simple solution: SOLD, brought something else.
Cheers.
2022-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc5dcb9ae Posted at 2-5 18:19
Same issue here. I’ve owned 3 other Mavics and only the Air 2s does an upward movement when trying to go forward. I can only reproduce it in Normal mode. Other modes do not have the same behavior. Definitely a bug.

Have you tried to fly in Brake mode as opposed to by-pass mode ? Also try with sensors turned off, this will confirm sensors causing the problem.
2022-2-7
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 2021-4-24 11:55
Tks, will do...

Speaking of firmware I noticed this on the "equipment" tab of your Airdata report:

"Firmware        Initial / Released 2021-04-15"

Perhaps you should update firmware?
2022-2-7
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 2021-4-25 01:36
It is not about full speed...is about 10-20% speed, and also at 2 meters high I cannot see what obstacles will detect the sensors below...
The drone just goes Up and Fwd, instead of just FWD...and this was not a problem but as it goes Fwd, is going also Up...Try to get a cinematic on this...Not to say that is unpredictable as you know is at 3m high and you have an obstacle at 6 m high...and guess what...until you get there, your drone is 6 m high )))
This is why I must say I'am angry...

Mine does the exact same thing.
2022-8-5
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

b9y Posted at 8-5 07:28
Mine does the exact same thing.

Yeah...sorry for you, I have sold it...probably the most balanced drone from DJI, but this was not something to deal with, as you cannot make a footage when you need to keep the ground level but instead goes higher instantly.
I do not know what to advice you, I have switched to Evo2Pro from Autel and is a great drone for cinematic movements and also have Missions, also I purchased Mavic 3 and Mini 3 for small commercial works inside cities...but camera on A2S was IMHO better than Mavic 3 in daylight. (not as good as Evo2Pro, but good for Semi-Pro works).

Maybe colleagues that still have A2S will give you an advice on it.

Cheers.
2022-8-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules