DJI FPV Pauses without hitting pause button
610 6 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Sometimes when I'm flying fast in either Sport or M mode, the DJI FPV will just stop and hover and become unresponsive as if I hit the pause button.  I did not hit the pause button and it does not say pause on the screen.  Moving the sticks doesn't seem to do anything, it just hovers.  Hitting the pause button doesn't seem to do anything.  When I try to change modes, it says it can't change modes.  I basically just have to sit there and wait for what seems like a minute before I can switch modes and then gain control again.  This has happened several times since I got the drone (about a week ago).  I flew a flight last night in which this happened right as battery RTH was about to kick in.  Luckily I was able to get it back and land safely, but this morning I am getting Sensor Error and GPS Error, cannot take off.   I restarted the drone as it suggested twice, still same issue.  IMU and Compass calibration said normal, but I re-calibrated IMU, Compass, and Gimbal anyway (I read to try that).  Still same errors.  Drone is about a week old.  
2021-4-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

And...?      

You should now contact DJI support and have the drone repaired or replaced ...

What else?
Whine...?        
2021-4-24
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-24 07:53
And...?      

You should now contact DJI support and have the drone repaired or replaced ...

"And...?"

And he could ask us if any of us have seen something similar. Maybe one of us has figured it out.

Sure he'll likely need to contact DJI support but wouldn't it be great if one of us had an easy solution?

"Whine...? "
Do you have something against the most therapeutic aspect of the forum?
2021-4-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 4-24 10:31
"And...?"

And he could ask us if any of us have seen something similar. Maybe one of us has figured it out.

Okay...     
2021-4-24
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

I had the senor system error / GPS error. You will have to do a warranty exchange. Look at these threads:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237875
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=239077
Out of curiosity, can you tell us the month and year the drone was manufactured? The info is on the box, near the serial number
2021-4-24
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-24 11:26
I had the senor system error / GPS error. You will have to do a warranty exchange. Look at these threads:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237875

Thanks.  The threads I saw had this issue happen right away getting the Sensor System error and could not fly.  I wonder if mine was intermittent, I could take off, and then when flying it would get the error and stop flying (pause and hover) until it started working again?  There was also one instance where they got the issue after swapping tops.  I did swap tops last night following the official DJI video to do so, but I don't see how that could do it.  I was pretty careful.  
2021/3 build date.

2021-4-24
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

sbarton Posted at 4-24 15:22
Thanks.  The threads I saw had this issue happen right away getting the Sensor System error and could not fly.  I wonder if mine was intermittent, I could take off, and then when flying it would get the error and stop flying (pause and hover) until it started working again?  There was also one instance where they got the issue after swapping tops.  I did swap tops last night following the official DJI video to do so, but I don't see how that could do it.  I was pretty careful.  
2021/3

"I did swap tops last night"

Maybe you could remove the top and just give all the connectors a bit of an extra press. Make sure everything is tight. There's a metal plate on the starboard side of forward portion of the GPS PCB which held on with one screw. The other end of this plate clips onto the PCB. If this was knocked while replacing the top, it would allow the GPS connector to come loose. You might want to check this connector and any others you see to make sure they're all firmly seated.

There's a couple good teardown videos on YouTube if you want to seen how these connectors connect and disconnect.

Just as a heads up for anyone reading this, the connectors used in this drone and other electronics, are not intended to be used many times. The small "Lego" like connectors used with the ribbon cables are rated for 30 connection cycles.

2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules