4GB File limit
908 4 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MemoRechy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1759764 ft
Mexico

Hello, im new to recording video with drones, my previous drone was a mavic mini and mostly used it for pictures and i used to record only short videos on 1080 res, never actually noticed this file splitting thing probably because files were not big enough...
im using a sandisk pro memory formated to exfat . is there any way to make it save videos on a single larger file??
2021-4-24
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I've seen this question asked before and the answer is no. There is not a way to have the video saved as one large file. I believe the size limit isn't arbitrary. Apparently some file systems have the 4GB limit. It might be possible for some SD cards to handle larger file sizes but 4GB seems like the easiest way DJI can make sure the majority of SD cards will work.
2021-4-24
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You didn't see it with your mini because you were shooting in 1080 and never created a file that was over 4gb.
2021-4-24
Use props
MemoRechy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1759764 ft
Mexico

Thanks!!! I got it all now.
2021-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MemoRechy. Thanks for reaching out! Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4G size. This is a normal phenomenon.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules