19640 29 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys, great disappoitment, I just received my Air 2S today and tonight was trying to set up the drone, but instead found that the remote won't connect to the drone. I have updated both the drone and the RC's firmware via DJI Assistan, and I have tried re-pairing the remote by pressing the power button for 4 seconds. Both the LED on the remote is blinking and the drone's flashing yellow. Fly app show no connection to the drone. Did I just won the DJI QA lottory or what? Is anyone also having this issue? Thanks.

Edit: I read that 2S' is compatible with the Air 2 RC, so I tried to pair the 2S with the Air 2 controllers and still no luck. I think the drone is faulty. Funny thing thou, My new Air 2S didn't shipped direct from China, but some place in Georgia in the U.S and I purchased it direct from DJI.
2021-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Maxi3D. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We suggest doing a firmware refresh for both the aircraft and remote's firmware before relinking. If you have not tried also, please link the aircraft and remote using the combination buttons.  Should the same problem persists, it is recommended to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing.

2021-4-24
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 23:20
Hi, Maxi3D. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We suggest doing a firmware refresh for both the aircraft and remote's firmware before relinking. If you have not tried also, please link the aircraft and remote using the combination buttons.  Should the same problem persists, it is recommended to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing.

DJI Gamora saves the day! It works by following the steps on the video to re-link the RC and the drone. It helps to read the instruction first. . But why would DJI not ship with the controller and drone linked already like all my other DJI drones?  
2021-4-25
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 4-25 04:07
DJI Gamora saves the day! It works by following the steps on the video to re-link the RC and the drone. It helps to read the instruction first. . But why would DJI not ship with the controller and drone linked already like all my other DJI drones?

It probably was linked from factory but with the recent FW update on the controller which allows it work with Mini2/Air2 + Air2S, it probably gets reset and re-linking is needed.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Maxi3D Posted at 4-25 04:07
DJI Gamora saves the day! It works by following the steps on the video to re-link the RC and the drone. It helps to read the instruction first. . But why would DJI not ship with the controller and drone linked already like all my other DJI drones?

Did you perform an update prior to encountering the issue? If you do, the update might have reset the connection and is required to perform relinking.
2021-4-25
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 05:46
Did you perform an update prior to encountering the issue? If you do, the update might have reset the connection and is required to perform relinking.

Hi, DJI Gamora and Robozilla, no, the remote controller and the drone were not updated when the issue happened.  They came right out of the box, and I charged them up, and powered them on and no connection between them. I only updated the firmware to trouble shoot. So the RC and drone came un-linked. Thanks for your help, guys.
Edit: I also noted that the Air 2 RC's LEDs are white, and the Air 2S RCs' LED are Green.
2021-4-25
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 4-25 06:04
Hi, DJI Gamora and Robozilla, no, the remote controller and the drone were not updated when the issue happened.  They came right out of the box, and I charged them up, and powered them on and no connection between them. I only updated the firmware to trouble shoot. So the RC and drone came un-linked. Thanks for your help, guys.
Edit: I also noted that the Air 2 RC's LEDs are white, and the Air 2S RCs' LED are Green.

Glad you're up and running Maxi3D!

Yea I discovered the controller differences last week. Also the Pause icon on the RTH button on the Air 2S RC..
https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... al-differences/6326
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Maxi3D Posted at 4-25 06:04
Hi, DJI Gamora and Robozilla, no, the remote controller and the drone were not updated when the issue happened.  They came right out of the box, and I charged them up, and powered them on and no connection between them. I only updated the firmware to trouble shoot. So the RC and drone came un-linked. Thanks for your help, guys.

We can't be certain what could've caused the initial problem but we're glad that it was all sorted out immediately. We hope that you'll have a great time with your DJI Air 2S.
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_otb1xDa4pzxJ
New
Flight distance : 486066 ft
United States

My Air 2S will not connect to the controller and Ive tried everything in this thread to fix the issue. Where I think Im having the problem is in the DJI Fly app as the Air 2S is not available to select, only the Air 2 is. Ive updated the DJI Fly app and even reinstalled it with no luck and there's still no Air 2S option.
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_otb1xDa4pzxJ
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 23:16
We can't be certain what could've caused the initial problem but we're glad that it was all sorted out immediately. We hope that you'll have a great time with your DJI Air 2S.

My Air 2S will not connect to the controller and Ive tried everything in this thread to fix the issue. Where I think Im having the problem is in the DJI Fly app as the Air 2S is not available to select, only the Air 2 is. Ive updated the DJI Fly app and even reinstalled it with no luck and there's still no Air 2S option.
2021-4-30
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What mobile device are you using and what version of the Fly app is installed? Both Android and iOS should be 1.4.0. If you're using Android, make sure to download the app from here => https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads
2021-4-30
Use props
Fitty
New
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-30 06:00
What mobile device are you using and what version of the Fly app is installed? Both Android and iOS should be 1.4.0. If you're using Android, make sure to download the app from here => https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads

I finally was able to get it linked by downloading the app directly from DJI and not the App Store.
2021-4-30
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fitty Posted at 4-30 07:02
I finally was able to get it linked by downloading the app directly from DJI and not the App Store.

Yeah, you have to sideload the Go Fly app on Android devices from now on, just like a cheap drone one got from Banggood.
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_0mPY2obkawJb
New

United States

I had the same problem. The linking failed in the android app. Very frustrating. I used my wife's iPhone and it worked like a charm. So clearly the android app has a big that needs to be fixed.
2021-6-12
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

I have tried everything on this thread including firmware, re-installing app, different sequence, etc. and cannot get my brand-new Air 2s to pair controller with drone.  I literally just bought it this afternoon and cannot use it.  I see a couple people have had to exchange controllers - is that my next step?  Fortunately I bought it from a local retailer so I can probably exchange it.  I am using it with an iphone, which is current on iOS, but it is an older phone - IPhone 7.  Would that be a consideration?

Thoughts?
2021-7-5
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

DISREGARD my previous post - got it paired now.

Not sure what combo of steps it took, but was just able to get this thing off the ground - fingers crossed!
2021-7-5
Use props
ErnestoJRojas
New
Venezuela

I had the same problem and I solved it with the video to re-link, however the first method to link it did not work for me, it only worked with pressing the 3 buttons simultaneously, Fn / Shutter-Record Button / Photo-Video.

Sorry for my bad English, I only write Spanish.

Thanks for the solution.
2021-7-8
Use props
djiuser_ixp3jvcYX0kA
New
Flight distance : 42306 ft
Brazil

Tried all options. My drone still doesn't connect with the controller. I checked the controller and aircraft firmware, I also checked the iPhone app version and everything is up to date.

After holding the battery button for 4s to start pairing, the leds should flash sequentially for a while. But in my case they flash in sequence only once and are all lit again while the control keeps beeping.

Earlier today the controller was connecting normally. After update no longer connected.

Should I send it to DJI?
2021-7-9
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also having the same issue. Out the box ,charged both drone and controller . Plugged phone into remote and it stated that it needed to be linked .. I did read all the instructions and it keeps telling me that I need to do a fly safe update ,so I try this update (very long ) for it to say it failed. Every time the update fails can't link the 2 and can't update nothing so now what do I bring it back to best buy? This is my 3rd DJI drone in my fleet and I never had this pairing issue.
2021-8-17
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also I might add that I watched the video on the DJI page . I followed the steps and still no good.. when I push the battery button for 4 seconds it beeps then remote beeps for a second like it's pairing but then goes silent and beeps 4 more times real quick and nothing not paired
2021-8-17
Use props
robertfichtinger
New
Netherlands

I have a similar problem. Bought a DJI AIR 2S two weeks ago and have been flying it for 2 weeks without any problems. However, now the drone won't connect to the RC any more. I have tried almost anything without any result:

- Deleted all cache in the app, deleted and re-installed the app, forced restart of my iPhone.
- Reinstalled ('refreshed') all drone and RC firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) app.
- Tried paring though the blue connection problem link, through the camera view app (settings - control - connect to aircraft) and through the combination buttons option.
- Tried other cables (although the app always loads when connecting, so I don't think that is the actual problem).

The only thing that is unlike the video is how the drone enters the pairing mode when holding the power button for 4 seconds. It indeed bleeps 4 times, but the light than remains solid on 1 point instead of running in circles.

Anyone with a solution?
2021-9-9
Use props
CH ART
lvl.1
Australia

robertfichtinger Posted at 9-9 11:54
I have a similar problem. Bought a DJI AIR 2S two weeks ago and have been flying it for 2 weeks without any problems. However, now the drone won't connect to the RC any more. I have tried almost anything without any result:

- Deleted all cache in the app, deleted and re-installed the app, forced restart of my iPhone.

I am also experiencing the same issue after a few weeks and only a few flights. Just can’t pair anymore and the battery light on the drone remains solid and doesn’t revolve anymore. I hope you / we get a resolution.
UPDATE - So I connect my drone to a laptop using the usb cable supplied and was able to get the pairing initiated while the cable was still connected. So at least my controller and drone could connect. I updated the firmware. After pairing while still connected to the laptop, I was able to progress the flight initiating sequence, using the launch feature on the DJI Fly app, but could not take off. Instead I got a gimble MUI error message and after turning off and on again, it was back to the same pairing fault. I repeated this several times with the same result.
2021-9-10
Use props
CH ART
lvl.1
Australia

CH ART Posted at 9-10 16:05
I am also experiencing the same issue after a few weeks and only a few flights. Just can’t pair anymore and the battery light on the drone remains solid and doesn’t revolve anymore. I hope you / we get a resolution.
UPDATE - So I connect my drone to a laptop using the usb cable supplied and was able to get the pairing initiated while the cable was still connected. So at least my controller and drone could connect. I updated the firmware. After pairing while still connected to the laptop, I was able to progress the flight initiating sequence, using the launch feature on the DJI Fly app, but could not take off. Instead I got a gimble MUI error message and after turning off and on again, it was back to the same pairing fault. I repeated this several times with the same result.

SO after getting a reply on the facebook group that I should try swapping the SD card. I did and it worked.

The old card is a SanDisk Ultra 64gb which worked for the first few weeks. The replacement card is a SanDisk Extreme 32gb and I successfully connected and flew my Air S 2 twice just now.
2021-9-11
Use props
CH ART
lvl.1
Australia

CH ART Posted at 9-11 18:25
SO after getting a reply on the facebook group that I should try swapping the SD card. I did and it worked.

The old card is a SanDisk Ultra 64gb which worked for the first few weeks. The replacement card is a SanDisk Extreme 32gb and I successfully connected and flew my Air S 2 twice just now.

2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_fZ2tRx32x0AY
New

South Africa

Having a nightmare connecting the band new, out the box 2 S to the controller - have now been at it for 2 days and still no luck, using all options listed  No option coming up to update the firmware, have downloaded the app 5 times.   
2021-10-9
Use props
mr.marc.smith
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic Air 2 will not connect to Android S10 after working for a year on the old app.  Downloaded the "new" app from the website and now it just launches the DJI Ronin app for my gimbal.  What is the fix here!  Going crazy now.
2022-3-29
Use props
djiuser_i5B4ui0NIkev
lvl.1

Ghana

djiuser_fZ2tRx32x0AY Posted at 2021-10-9 09:06
Having a nightmare connecting the band new, out the box 2 S to the controller - have now been at it for 2 days and still no luck, using all options listed  No option coming up to update the firmware, have downloaded the app 5 times.

Hi Sir, pls my DJI Air 2s Gimbal got stuck & have not been responding to the remote control gimbal dail & it has taken me some time now wondering how to fix it, pls sir assist me fix this problem in Africa with my DJI Air 2s Gimbal stuck problem, thanks.
2022-11-18
Use props
xzbit64sauqi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709692 ft

Indonesia

djiuser_i5B4ui0NIkev Posted at 11-18 03:53
Hi Sir, pls my DJI Air 2s Gimbal got stuck & have not been responding to the remote control gimbal dail & it has taken me some time now wondering how to fix it, pls sir assist me fix this problem in Africa with my DJI Air 2s Gimbal stuck problem, thanks.

have you try recalibrate the gimbal from setting in the app ?
2022-11-18
Use props
djiuser_i5B4ui0NIkev
lvl.1

Ghana

xzbit64sauqi Posted at 11-18 21:12
have you try recalibrate the gimbal from setting in the app ?

Yes i try recalibrating it but it wasn't responding
2022-11-21
Use props
xzbit64sauqi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709692 ft

Indonesia

djiuser_i5B4ui0NIkev Posted at 11-21 10:01
Yes i try recalibrating it but it wasn't responding

i think you have defect unit, try to ask the seller for change the unit
2022-11-25
Use props