Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints Intelligent Flight Mode in Air 2S?
18221 37 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the DJI Mavic 2 Pro there was a Waypoints Intelligent Flight Mode, which could be configured without the drone being in flight. Tasks could then be saved to the Task Library and recalled when you were ready to conduct your actual flight.

Does the Air 2S have a comparable mode?

Within Hyperlapse, there's Waypoint as an option, but whenever I try to enter into this mode I get an "Aircraft not in flight. Unable to use Waypoint Hyperlapse" error. I mean, maybe in flight, it operates the same, idk, but if it even is comparable to the Mavic 2 Pro's Waypoints Intelligent Flight Mode it'd be nice to be able to configure it without having to have the drone in flight.

Am I missing something or is this a defficiency of the Air 2S?
2021-4-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Air2S does not have waypoints and as you have found out only in Hyperlapse. This waypoints can only be done when the drone is in flight
2021-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, terrafrost. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI Air 2S does not have the same Waypoints function as with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. The Waypoint available for the DJI Air 2S is within a sub-function of the Hyperlapse and is required the aircraft to be in flight to be initiated.
2021-4-24
Use props
Sight Flight Aerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then what?  Is it configurable to normal flight or just a HyperLapse type?
2021-7-21
Use props
djiuser_6jytK28EdZM4
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 22:56
Hi, terrafrost. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI Air 2S does not have the same Waypoints function as with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. The Waypoint available for the DJI Air 2S is within a sub-function of the Hyperlapse and is required the aircraft to be in flight to be initiated.

This logic makes no sense to me.  It has everything it needs to do it, why can't waypoints be supported?  is that something coming soon?
2021-8-8
Use props
leto1
New
Flight distance : 33609 ft
United States

djiuser_6jytK28EdZM4 Posted at 8-8 19:20
This logic makes no sense to me.  It has everything it needs to do it, why can't waypoints be supported?  is that something coming soon?

I wish the Air 2s had non-hyperlapse waypoints too.
2021-8-11
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Sight Flight Aerials Posted at 7-21 11:57
Then what?  Is it configurable to normal flight or just a HyperLapse type?

Only in hyperlapse.
2021-8-11
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Thanks for reaching out! The DJI Air 2S does not have the same Waypoints function as with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. The Waypoint available for the DJI Air 2S is within a sub-function of the Hyperlapse and is required the aircraft to be in flight to be initiated.

Hi Gamora, can DJI at least make it possible to use GS Pro.
2021-8-17
Use props
fans15c4304f
New
Flight distance : 20112 ft
Sweden

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Say I wanted the Air 2s looking at me. And then I wanted it to automatically fly up to get a zoomed-out shot, with the Mavic air 2s that shot would only work as a hyper-lapse since I would need waypoints?  
2021-8-18
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
Greece

Is it possible to request that Waypoints be included in a future software build, if there's enough interest? Was going to buy an Air 2S this week and found this tidbit out and it stings.
2021-8-18
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

DJI - make waypoints available for regular modes also!

Or, release the SDK so others like litchi can support this.
2021-8-18
Use props
Jagerbomb52
lvl.2

Canada

Release the SDK already. Its time for waypoints.
2021-8-18
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Jagerbomb52 Posted at 8-18 13:34

are you sure?
2021-8-18
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

OK, this is getting annoying. HUBSAN ZINO MINI PRO 249 gr little and cheap drone has waypoints and GPS based tracking and AIR 2S which is much much much better has not?  

DJI RUN AND GIVE US WAYPOINTS the fast as possible even next week fast. and GPS TRACKING when visual tracking loses target.

AND MORE FEATURES.
2021-8-20
Use props
Jagerbomb52
lvl.2

Canada

Very sure, whats your point?
2021-8-21
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Jagerbomb52 Posted at 8-21 12:47
Very sure, whats your point?

Can give link with SDK i need it?
2021-8-21
Use props
Jagerbomb52
lvl.2

Canada

LoveYou Posted at 8-21 12:50
Can give link with SDK i need it?

What are you confused???  DJI has not released it yet. This is what this whole post is about getting DJI to release the damn SDK. DO some reading and learn before posting garbage.
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_1nroMX3MznBV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137671 ft
  • >>>
United States

When the A2s works well in Litchi I'll buy one.  Not before :-)
2021-9-4
Use props
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

+1 - If Fimi and Hubsan can do it, DJI should support native Waypoints on Day1.
2021-9-4
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans15c4304f Posted at 8-18 01:15
Sorry if this is a dumb question. Say I wanted the Air 2s looking at me. And then I wanted it to automatically fly up to get a zoomed-out shot, with the Mavic air 2s that shot would only work as a hyper-lapse since I would need waypoints?

Quickshots will do that for you

2021-9-4
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Hi Gamora, can DJI at least make it possible to use GS Pro.

Any news maybe, Gamora
2021-9-16
Use props
fansfc2dc102
New

Germany

DJI! Get out an update with Waypoints! I‘m totally pi**ed!

I was always using waypoints with the MAVICpro1 to make shots while riding my motorcycle. Now, with the Air2S, for some shots i had to steer both at the same time - the drone and the Bike! (Thanks DJI, for NOT BUILDING IN AN SUPER OLD FUNCTION: WAYPOINTS!)
Finally this lead to an accident last week. Crashed the bike in the mountains cause i concentrated on the drone! Luckily i‘m not really injured but the bike got a 2500€ damage!

I have DJI gear for 3000€ but i swear to you, if you don‘t fix this issue soon, i‘ll sell all of it and do a YT Video about this on my channel!

GET US AN UPDATE WITH WAYPOINTS!

Chris
2021-9-27
Use props
axxonpl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7268615 ft
Poland

We are waiting for waypoints mode.
2021-10-6
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Waypoints would be a nice feature!
2021-10-6
Use props
BarryAllen
New
Flight distance : 72142 ft
Canada

I love this drone a lot for its size and features.  I do agree the only missing feature is the waypoint ability for pre programmed paths.   I think they reserve that for the pro models by the looks of it, but it could be supported if they release the SDK through 3rd parties.    I do think though that the S if it did support waypoints would probably become the top seller of drones as it would be the bet price point for features.   Id imagine the sdk will be coming in the future but more likely sometime after launch of the new 3 pro etc... as they will want to get sales before they open up the lower tier systems.   

These are just my thoughts based on business practice and what I see.
2021-10-7
Use props
BarryAllen
New
Flight distance : 72142 ft
Canada

Sorry not sure why it double posted perhaps a delay on the save.
2021-10-7
Use props
no_one
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38178747 ft
Singapore

adding on..

please make waypoints available for Air2s.

side story for your entertainment..
i started out learning those traditional rc heli, single rotor types, yearrrrs ago.. and in the simulator i clicked on the wrong mode and ended up learning mode 4.
Assuming that it's just a matter of the transmitter switching between modes, i stuck with mode 4, cos i didn't want to relearn or confuse my muscle memory.
All is well, for a good 10 years, until DJI FPV came along. Their transmitter can only program modes 1, 2, and 3. WHERE'S 4? WHAT'S GOING ON WITH 4.
There are only 4 modes in RC heli... ever.. why 1, 2, 3 and not 4?? their decision really baffled me... with DJI GO 4 app we can just drag the control sticks under custom, but not for DJI FPV's app (whatever app that is). That app only has 1,2,3 and NOT 4...
Sucks for me.. i was really looking forward to FPV.

While i'm on it, this waypoint thing with Air2s is SUCH an inconvenience. I have ongoing projects on hand which requires me to cover a 6km stretch of new road. So we upgraded (so called) our mavic pro to the Air2s and applied (paid$$$) for permits under this new drone of ours on the assumption that it FLYS WAYPOINTS.. and surprise! No waypoints. And no, the permits cannot be amended or updated with a new drone. It is simply not allowed under our local law. It has to be reapplied (and re-paid$$$).
Sucks for me.. should have searched waypoints up before buying your Air2s.

What's next DJI...
do we have to pay monthly subscription to use our elevator stick?
is live view going to be an age verified feature?
will your drones include landing legs in the future?
will you remove your gimbal control wheel?

The decisions you guys make... who is making them..?
2021-10-19
Use props
Kamil Szyler
New

Poland

no_one, DJI just hates us - users :/ I have no other explanation...
2021-10-22
Use props
axxonpl
lvl.2
Poland

DJI when can we expect waypoints to be added?
2021-11-23
Use props
goalie.brent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728520 ft
Canada

I'm not sure why Waypoints the way it has worked in so many DJI drones before seems to be going away.  Not in the Air 2S and not in the Mavic 3.  Waypoints provide a quick way of setting up several points and then fly at a consistent speed and angle.  I was considering buying the Mavic 3, but I see no waypoints.  Then I think well if I want 4K 60 fps then I can look at the Air 2S.  Nope.  No Waypoints.  I guess I'll stick with my Mavic 2 Pro.  Or look for a non-DJI drone.
2021-12-10
Use props
axxonpl
lvl.2
Poland

It's Christmas time, the best time to give us a waypoints mode as a gift, DJI think about it
2021-12-19
Use props
BbqJoe
lvl.2

United States

Think anti-teeerorissms.
A planned flight can be, well, part of a planned flight!
2021-12-27
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Jagerbomb52 Posted at 8-18 13:34

My understanding is by year's end the SDK will be released.  Or, so, it is scheduled.
2021-12-27
Use props
Jagerbomb52
lvl.2

Canada

2022-1-1
Use props
axxonpl
lvl.2
Poland

Jagerbomb52 Posted at 1-1 17:40
https://youtu.be/N5tDEd9j04A

Great news !!! Thanks !!!
2022-1-2
Use props
Ski_K2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137671 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_1nroMX3MznBV Posted at 2021-9-4 06:17
When the A2s works well in Litchi I'll buy one.  Not before :-)

Litchi works now for the Air 2S but is still buggy.  
RTH does not work when mission is aborted due to signal loss.
Random signal loss mission aborted when app shows full signal strength at close range and RC has normal manual control.
2022-1-30
Use props
MaGrMeCh
New

France

DJI, why don't you implement waypoints for Air 2S in DJI FLight ????????????????????????
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules