8474 26 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanMadsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46430 ft
Denmark

Hello
I recently bought a dji mini 2 and updated the dji fly app to version 1.4.0. After that, the fn button dissapeared from the settings menu. Now there is a c1/c2 option instead. I tried to uninstall the app, but it did not help. I can't get the fn button to work, the only thing i can use it for, is for zooming with the scroll wheel. How do I get the fn button function back?

Best regards Dan Madsen

dji app

dji app
2021-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DanMadsen. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Can you confirm what mobile device you're using and how did you update the DJI Fly? Thanks and keep us updated.
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_bXtNkvGj2G9w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4806 ft
Finland

I have excactly the same problem. Brand new mini 2 but the Dji Fly app shows two fn buttons instead the one. I have iphone 12 pro.
2021-4-26
Use props
DanMadsen
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 04:15
Hi, DanMadsen. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Can you confirm what mobile device you're using and how did you update the DJI Fly? Thanks and keep us updated.

Hi. Im using the latest version of Dji fly, there is no firmware or app update available. I deleted the app and installed it again, but it did not solve the problem.  i'm using a iPhone 11 pro with newest IOS (14.4.2).
2021-4-26
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I think DJI probably relabeled the settings (c1= 1 click, c2= 2 clicks of the function button)?
2021-4-26
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

If that is the case, they should have published that fact to the users!
2021-4-26
Use props
Matite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I too have the same issue: new DJI Mini 2 with latest firmware and the app button customization config screen shows as above (it has the two Smart Controller "C1" and "C2" button config settings instead of the config setting for the single function button on the normal controller).
2021-4-26
Use props
Sboroblu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here C1 & C2 and no Fn button, I thought I was missing something.  The Fn button worked ok before I upgraded the firmware.
2021-4-26
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 4-26 04:53
I think DJI probably relabeled the settings (c1= 1 click, c2= 2 clicks of the function button)?

Yes, this exactly how it works.  I was confused at first, as a new owner as well!
2021-4-26
Use props
Matite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

videoeditman Posted at 4-26 04:53

After testing today I can confirm this is correct: it displays the "C1" and "C2" settings (the buttons that are on the back of the Smart Controller) when what it really means is single and double click.

C1 = Single Click
C2 = Double Click

Hopefully they can sort this out in a future update.
2021-4-26
Use props
Allforsale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4806 ft
Finland

My problem is that fn button doesn’t do anything. It’s labeled wrong and I can’t get it to function.
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_YuaZNps73Kf8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have this exact same issue :-

I recently bought a dji mini 2 and updated the dji fly app to the latest version 1.4.0 (451). I've got an iPhone 11 Pro Max and there is (in the settings menu) for button customization a c1/c2 option - took me a while to figure it was referring to single and double click.  The photo changed to show buttons underneath but my remote does not have them.

Issue I have is whatever I assign to the two buttons does not work - so gimbal directly down and then back ahead doesn't work - none of the options I select work actually. I tried to uninstall the app, but it did not help. All other functions on the controller work just the function button is AWOL.

I'm on the latest app version for iOS (14.5.1) and fully up to date on all firmware updates - anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
2021-5-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

if you press and hold FN + change the wheel you set zoom level
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_SzsjMcAfzRtc
New
United States

Just purchased a mini 2 yesterday and updated everything before the first flight.

I can assign the c1 and c2 buttons, but single or double clicking the fn button does nothing. I’ve tried different combinations, but at this point the fn doesn’t trigger anything.
2021-5-7
Use props
Kraz3yIvan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_SzsjMcAfzRtc Posted at 5-7 12:02
Just purchased a mini 2 yesterday and updated everything before the first flight.

I can assign the c1 and c2 buttons, but single or double clicking the fn button does nothing. I’ve tried different combinations, but at this point the fn doesn’t trigger anything.

Exactly what i did and where i am currently with it
2021-5-8
Use props
Kraz3yIvan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_SzsjMcAfzRtc Posted at 5-7 12:02

sorry for the double post
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_H9IB4OxWETe3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

I’m in the same situation, new Mini 2 last week, everything fresh installed in my iPhone 12pro max, everything works except being able to assign anything to the function button, whatever I choose, a single or double tap just produces a beep and I see the c1/c2 buttons indicated to be underneath the controller. I think it’s been set to a future remote controller type.
2021-5-16
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

You would think that if the mini 2 had the sc button funtions, the sc would work with the mini 2. But, no. Not yet
2021-5-16
Use props
Alfredo BHI
New
Flight distance : 2526 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 04:15

Hi DJI Gamora,
I have the same issue as Dan. I Have an iPhone 8 and I have the app version is 1.4.0
2021-5-16
Use props
Alfredo BHI
New
Flight distance : 2526 ft
Canada

Hi Dan, did you get any feedback about how to solve this issue?
2021-5-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Seems to be something on iPhones. Fly 1.4.0 shows normal function button on my Android Samsung S20fe.

The picture Dan shows in the original post looks like the smart controller layout.
2021-5-16
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

When DJI makes any change they are terrible with telling us. It’s like we are there Guinea pigs and wait for people here to find there bugs here for them.
They need to be more transparent with people here..
They could easily keep us here rather than all the confusion.
I was ready to buy a Mint 2 and now that idea is on hold.
2021-5-16
Use props
DanMadsen
lvl.1
Denmark

Alfredo BHI Posted at 5-16 16:56
Hi Dan, did you get any feedback about how to solve this issue?

Hi Alfredo. No, I have not heard anything.
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_0bBG3mEVLXli
lvl.1
United States

Same problem! I’m also a first time DJI customer with the Mini 2 so I’m not sure if this is a pattern or I just jumped in at a bad time. It seems their motto is similar to Apple’s: “If it ain’t broke...break it”!  What the deuce was wrong with the little EV lock/unlock icon in the corner of the screen!? Now, I tap...double tap...no wait it was locked...or was it? Soooooo irritating
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_0bBG3mEVLXli
lvl.1
United States

Ok. I’ve found the solution...at least for me. 1 click of “Fn” button is = to “C1” and 2 clicks is = to “C2”. It’s not immediately apparent depending on which custom function you select. For example...setting Fn to "re-center gimbal" is a good test function since it's immediatley obvious (on screen and visually) if it is working. However, setting it to “live map view” is not obvious until you first tap the small map icon in the lower left corner of your screen to open the small map window. Only then can then use Fn button to switch between full screen and window view. Setting the Fn button to “EV lock” is not obvious at all since the geniuses at DJI totally removed the small lock icon in the lower right corner of screen and the new yellow brackets and icon in the center of screen don't show up either!
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_0bBG3mEVLXli
lvl.1
United States

I guess my takeaway about DJI is this...they're hardware is awesome but often the software seems to hold it back
2021-5-24
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

This post may be old because there hasn't been any more responses.
I hope it's resolved.
I'm guessing here.The gimbal reset will not work unless it is in the air flying.
Not sure if the switching from camera to map may the same I think.
I’d have to try it to double check.
Doug

2021-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules