Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Kingston SD Cards
4294 9 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

Is compatibility with Kingston cards going to be fixed with the next firmware version?

With latest firmware Kingston cards made for 4k like U3 V30 A2 eventually stops recording without saying anything after 2 - 20 minutes. This started with latest firmware version.

I tested 4 different Kingston models that Pocket 1 can record hours but Pocket 2 cannot anymore record with those. Including latest Kingston Canvas Go 170/90 cards

I repeated this two different models of Pocket 2.

Western Digital aka Sandisk and Samsung cards still works even when some of those are slower than Kingston.

We have stores that sells Kingston cards with Pocket 2 and those worked before latest firmware.
2021-4-25
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope this isn't a silly question, have you formatted the card in the Pocket 2?
2021-4-25
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

I have 7 different cards and I work as IT professional. I know how file systems work and yes, I always format SD cards using the device where the card is. There is other topic where I have done testings and other things about this.

DJI did not respond to my private messages and their Service did not comment anything in other topic either so I wanted to make other topic about this.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Aavalaakso, we are sorry for the issue that you encountered, can you give us the logs that were sourced from MISC/LOG/ in your SD card? the ways to find this document as follows:
1: Connect your SD card to the computer.
2: Open hidden folder display.
3: Copy the document of MISC/LOG/.
4: Transfer that document to Dropbox/Google Drive.
At the same time, please give us a shot picture of your SD cards. We will transit this issue to our related team and do our best to help this out.
Thank you.
2021-4-26
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-26 03:21
Hi Aavalaakso, we are sorry for the issue that you encountered, can you give us the logs that were sourced from MISC/LOG/ in your SD card? the ways to find this document as follows:
1: Connect your SD card to the computer.
2: Open hidden folder display.

Hi

I sent (PM) you link including picture and the log. The log includes first Kingston that stopped about after 9 minutes if I remember right. And rest recording are using Sandisk without problems.

I took 3 examples of Kingston U3 cards that do not work in latest version but do work in other 4k devices. I have also done hwtest speed tests and those cards should handle 4k without problems as they normally do.
2021-4-26
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

I did not get anything else than that "cards are not recommended and that's why they do not work". I have never heard anything that silly since my U3 Kingston cards are faster than some of the "recommended cards". I tested speeds by myself.

So all of you Kingston card owners Pocket 2 is only device that does not support those anymore without no actual reason. They DO work in Pocket 1 flawlessly and in all GoPros and so on.

So need to spend more money to Western Digital... DJI made some contracts with Western Digital and Samsung for sure ...

End of story.
2021-5-1
Use props
mobilas
lvl.2
Ukraine

I have a similar problem.
microSD Kingstone Canvas Go! Plus 128gb (SDCG3 / 128GB) interrupts recording at different intervals. Formatting doesn't solve the problem.
microSD Lexar 128gb 1066x works great.
2021-6-17
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

mobilas Posted at 6-17 07:03
I have a similar problem.
microSD Kingstone Canvas Go! Plus 128gb (SDCG3 / 128GB) interrupts recording at different intervals. Formatting doesn't solve the problem.
microSD Lexar 128gb 1066x works great.

Yes after latest firmware Kingston Cards wont work anymore. I contacted DJI support they just to told me to use "recommended cards".

I tested many cards all kind of reading / writing tests and Kingston have more speed than those "recommended cards". So it is very strange why those stop working at some point while recording.
2021-6-17
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

I'm having this problem now.

SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30, the card recommended by DJI.

I just lost 100GB of data because the MicroSD card suddenly refused to be accessed by my PC. Normally I can plug in a USB-C cable to the Pocket 2 and following a prompt I can access the data. No longer. Now I need to use a MicroSD card reader but even doing this the card was inaccessible and I was forced to format the card and I lost 100GB of data. I'm afraid to use the Pocket 2 at all now. What a worthless piece of .... Between this and the tracking issue. I will never buy another Pocket product from DJI.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D765%26typeid%3D765
2021-7-20
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have tried my Kingston in P2 and no issue.
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules