Very disappointed no SDK support on the roadmap for Mini2 or Air2S.
7597 57 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-25 09:24
I was gutted when I saw this today,   I’m hoping enough people see this and complain that they might change their minds.

Let's hope so and that it works.
2021-4-29
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

and when buying mini2 they (DJI)said, it will be released little later... what a scam to now decide otherwise :/ if this confirms this drone is going back :/
yes, it's not bad drone, but if there was a promise to deliver SDK for mini2, then do it, not cancel half way :/
2021-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 4-29 13:51
and when buying mini2 they (DJI)said, it will be released little later... what a scam to now decide otherwise :/ if this confirms this drone is going back :/
yes, it's not bad drone, but if there was a promise to deliver SDK for mini2, then do it, not cancel half way :/

Where did you see that,  I cant find any official announcement that it would be released.
2021-4-30
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 00:19
Where did you see that,  I cant find any official announcement that it would be released.

I did contact support also consulted @ official reseller before buing mini2 about it - got reply in both cases - it should come later (which followed logic of earlier models, where SDK did arrive months later after drone release).
honestly now I will wait for hubsan mini (if it's true, that it got all features like tracking, avoidance, WP) and then switch to it
2021-4-30
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why is this an issue? I am surprised that DJI EVER had SDK support for the lower-end consumer drones. Why this is surprising to anyone is baffling. SDK support wasn't announced during the release so any "hope" of it coming is just that, it certainly shouldn't be expected if it wasn't announced.
2021-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KerryG Posted at 5-2 16:49
Why is this an issue? I am surprised that DJI EVER had SDK support for the lower-end consumer drones. Why this is surprising to anyone is baffling. SDK support wasn't announced during the release so any "hope" of it coming is just that, it certainly shouldn't be expected if it wasn't announced.

If you want to fly over property now in Europe you need a C0/C1 class drone,  which means any mapping missions you might want to do need need something like a mini 2 with support for mapping,  like drone deploy.  I have a Mavic 2 Pro,  but due to its weight and lack of classification I have to fly it 150m away from people and property.
2021-5-3
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 01:01
If you want to fly over property now in Europe you need a C0/C1 class drone,  which means any mapping missions you might want to do need need something like a mini 2 with support for mapping,  like drone deploy.  I have a Mavic 2 Pro,  but due to its weight and lack of classification I have to fly it 150m away from people and property.

yes, correct. I would even pay for these additional packages. it doesn't matter how. if its possible of course. rather than buying again later on in this year a mini 3 perhaps
2021-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch639 Posted at 5-4 00:33
yes, correct. I would even pay for these additional packages. it doesn't matter how. if its possible of course. rather than buying again later on in this year a mini 3 perhaps

I just hope the DJI get the message and back track on this.
2021-5-4
Use props
Eduardo Serrano
New

United States

What is SDK?
2021-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Software Development Kit,  its the library that allow 3rd party apps to control the drone like Litchi or Drone Deploy.
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_xawJkKztE4DS
lvl.1
United States

I just got a mini 2 and stupidly I did not check that it had waypoint ability.  I just assumed after a couple of cheap Walmart drones that had waypoint, it would be standard on drones expensive as a mini 2.   Ya I know for some of you it's not a lot of money but for us old people on a fixed budget, it's a lot, and I wish I could say it was well worth it but NOPE!  For all the great features it has, waypoints is the one I really needed.  

I was hoping the mini 2 would be my first step up with DJI drones, already started saving and dreaming about a pro-level one someday but if DJI isn't going to provide features that come with cheap walmart drones and won't even provide a roadmap for 3rd party companies to do it.  This will be my first and last DJI drone and not because of this specific issue but rather it's an indication of who they are as a company.   

I read all the comments of ones saying that maybe DJI will see this thread and possibly change their minds are right.  I doubt it but I guess there is always hope.
2021-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xawJkKztE4DS Posted at 5-8 01:38
I just got a mini 2 and stupidly I did not check that it had waypoint ability.  I just assumed after a couple of cheap Walmart drones that had waypoint, it would be standard on drones expensive as a mini 2.   Ya I know for some of you it's not a lot of money but for us old people on a fixed budget, it's a lot, and I wish I could say it was well worth it but NOPE!  For all the great features it has, waypoints is the one I really needed.  

I was hoping the mini 2 would be my first step up with DJI drones, already started saving and dreaming about a pro-level one someday but if DJI isn't going to provide features that come with cheap walmart drones and won't even provide a roadmap for 3rd party companies to do it.  This will be my first and last DJI drone and not because of this specific issue but rather it's an indication of who they are as a company.   

+1 - I want the SDK for doing mission planning in litchi.
2021-5-8
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

not that it would make any difference but I would have bought an Air 2S today if SDK was supported, waited a while...
2021-6-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 6-25 18:22
not that it would make any difference but I would have bought an Air 2S today if SDK was supported, waited a while...

Sadly there is mixed messages coming from DJI,   on the SDK site it says not planned to be supported but by email its coming in September.
2021-6-26
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 00:13
Sadly there is mixed messages coming from DJI,   on the SDK site it says not planned to be supported but by email its coming in September.

Hoping the mavic 3 will be here then, still prob would have to wait a long tome for that sdk.. the video looks very good on the air 2s but would need to use this with litchi on my projects, will have to keep with the mavic 2 pro for now
2021-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 6-26 14:56
Hoping the mavic 3 will be here then, still prob would have to wait a long tome for that sdk.. the video looks very good on the air 2s but would need to use this with litchi on my projects, will have to keep with the mavic 2 pro for now

For us in Europe the new rules would make a mini 2 with SDK support an amazing tool as it can overfly people and structures legally so great for mapping or architect work.
2021-6-27
Use props
fans1a759848
lvl.2

Ireland

I was just told that mini 2 will be supported in MSDK 4.16, hopefully this month.

I'm assuming though that waypoints won't be supported due to the lack of avoidance sensors.

2021-9-2
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

fans1a759848 Posted at 9-2 01:24
I was just told that mini 2 will be supported in MSDK 4.16, hopefully this month.

I'm assuming though that waypoints won't be supported due to the lack of avoidance sensors.

Ya, makes sense, will likely be October or November.  I think the initial post was just worded poorly, and it was meant there currently is no support.  I am looking forward to Litchi finally getting their hands on the SDK when it's released.
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules