Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AIR2S BUG IN NORMAL MODE - FILMED
4984 39 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Dji
Please fix the bug... In Normal mode is clear that your Dev team screwed it up...
The drone is going UP + Fwd when you push the Forward stick at more than 70% power.
In Sport and Tripod mode is OK, does not go Up like crazy... In Normal Mode is going UP without any reasons, even if you go Forward or Backward, the drone is fast increasing altitude in first meters.
This is a case of negligence, as we cannot expect to go Up when we just give the command to go Forward.
Until you fix it, be prepared for repairs on your own fault...

https://youtu.be/TKBFg3XoKv4
2021-4-25
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

Let me embed the link for you. And I’m a plus 1 on this, seeing the same issue with my Air 2S with even less than 70% forward input the drone rises up. I think I saw a post about this on another forum but I can't seem to find it. Maybe this can be resolved with a firmware update?

2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

For sure it can... Or else we can return the faulty drones.
2021-4-25
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

This app version (1.40 released with the Air2S )  is a mess! Completely not optimized and hungry. Probably rushed through for release of the new drone and left up to us to actually test it!!
2021-4-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

As I said on the other post... it's because in normal mode you have APAS activated, enter the menu and select "brake" or "off" and it will go straight like in the other modes.

If APAS is activated and the drone is going fast or accelerating fast it will leave some clearance with the ground (like 10 meters or more if needed). Stereoscopic obstacle sensors see up to 28 meters range or so.
2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-25 12:42
As I said on the other post... it's because in normal mode you have APAS activated, enter the menu and select "brake" or "off" and it will go straight like in the other modes.

If APAS is activated and the drone is going fast or accelerating fast it will leave some clearance with the ground.
At 10m high we are talking about Apas and sensors? At 20m also?
Why the drone is not going Up in sport mode, as sensors from under the drone is still active?
Why not going up also when you start moving Fwd in Normal mode with under 60% throttle? Apas is not the problem here. Also I don't see why the drone must get clearance at 10m high..
What if I need to make a footage going under a structure and the drone decides to go Up on it's own? Is not this more dangerous? Also in order to go straight need to disable APAS? WHY? MA2 have Apas and never but NEVER was about going Up when was in Apas and pushed Fwd stick... So why A2S is going UP? Is an info from DJI or you just presume that this is kind of normal? As frankly I can not consider it Normal... If I go Fwd and Backwards 10 times, what will happen? Will just go up-up-up?
Bug... My opinion
2021-4-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-25 12:45
At 10m high we are talking about Apas and sensors? At 20m also?
Why the drone is not going Up in sport mode, as sensors from under the drone is still active?
Why not going up also when you start moving Fwd in Normal mode with under 60% throttle? Apas is not the problem here. My opinion.

Just take a look at the manual... https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_enII.pdf

In sports mode sensors aren't working and in cine mode APAS is not available, only braking.

And in normal mode, APAS on and low speed is not going up because have plenty of space to brake, the more intertia you get the more clearance APAS will leave with the ground/objects.
2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-25 12:50
Just take a look at the manual... https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Air_2S/DJI_Air_2S_User_Manual_v1.0_enII.pdf

In sports mode sensors aren't working and in cine mode APAS is not available, only braking.

Show me where is saying that the drone goes Up if I need it to go Fwd...
Also what if there is a tree or any else up? There is no logic in putting the drone to go Up when push Fwd, as it just may smash something that is upper than the altitude it left...
So... Not a solid argument... You have your point, but still not a logical action for the drone to rise, even at 20m high, when is pushed fwd.
2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

PS. I have read the manual with Apas... Says only that will go over or Under obstacles, but nothing about going up when you want to go forward and there is no obstacle.
Also is a nonsense to put a drone to rise as you cannot predict where will be the obstacles... The forward sensors have plenty of time to stop the drone or slow it down in Normal mode in order to bypass an obstacle, but from recording you see that each time you move fwd or back the drone gets higher and higher, no matter what distance is from ground... Also is a risk of going over fly clearance if for example I am in an area with 30m limit altitude, I push fwd and back a few times and... Guess what... I am at 40 or 50m without touching the UP command...
So... Bug or a very bad idea from DJI.
2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Ps. I really hope that a Dji Mod will answer this... Even if we need to wait a few days to correct the problem, let us know the official position of Dji.... Because frankly if they say this was intended and is not a bug (meaning there is no resolve) I prefer to find out now and return the drone to seller...
2021-4-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

It goes up because it moves away from the closest obstacle (the ground), but if you do it under a ceiling it will find a proper trajectory to avoid both obstacles (won't crush into the celing).

When APAS is active and obstacles are in range, it will adapt to the situation to give enough clearance depending on the speed and acceleration.

APAS only works in normal mode, but If you don't want to use it just go to the menu and select brake instead, then the drone won't go upwards (or sideways) by itself anymore and will just brake instead of trying to bypass the obstacles.

I'm leaving it on for the moment, because I think is interesting that the drone tries to navigate the environment instead of just braking, but of course if you want to get really close to obstacles at fast speed sensos will interfere, so just deactivate them.

APAS: Sensors beep, the drone navigates the enviroment based on the pilots input and various factors. That means you say forward and the drone determines the final trajectory by itself.
Brake: Sensors beep and the drone brakes to avoid collision, but won't interfere with the pilot comands, if you say forward, it will go forward and brake, that's all.
Off: Sensors beep but nothing stops you from crashing.

APAS will have in account any obstacle in its vision range (about 28m) plus the information it gets from the main camera of the drone, that's why it doesn't work in 5.4K or 4k/45/60
2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-25 14:14
It goes up because it moves away from the closest obstacle (the ground), but if you do it under a ceiling it will find a proper trajectory to avoid both obstacles (won't crush into the celing).

When APAS is active and obstacles are in range, it will adapt to the situation to give enough clearance depending on the speed and acceleration.

And do you think that is normal to fly up with Apas on? How MA2 is working properly without going up?
How about limitations in area, as we need Apas but also need to stay on same hight, not going upper each time we start moving?
What you are saying is a nonsense, that Apas is increasing altitude to avoid ground, as it does not have any to avoid at 20m high... So sorry, but that is not explainable by Apas, as I said the drone is too far from ground in order to go higher...
Also as I told you, some areas need Apas as we paid for this but not with the cost of going upper and upper, as there can be limitations in that area.
Also if I know there are some wires at an altitude and senzors cannot see it, I put the drone under the wires... And it decides to go up by itself... Ta-daaa... Accident ready because the drone is going upper without control.
One more thing: nowhere I have heard about increasing altitude instantly in order to avoid what? For under drone there is IR and camera...
2021-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Also there is no point to increase altitude as the sensors under drone sees the ground... If it was at 1m hight, I might believe it.. But at 20m high, or any height, that behavior is abnormal.
2021-4-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-25 20:37
Also there is no point to increase altitude as the sensors under drone sees the ground... If it was at 1m hight, I might believe it.. But at 20m high, or any height, that behavior is abnormal.

I will test fly my MA2 for this behaviour, my memory experience tells me that my MA2 with APAS on will stay at the same height when going (fast) forward, even flying low above the ground.

But to counter the opinion of Huginn i will make a video of my MA2.

Mayby Hugin is correct....let`s find out.

cheers
JJB
2021-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-25 13:19
Ps. I really hope that a Dji Mod will answer this... Even if we need to wait a few days to correct the problem, let us know the official position of Dji.... Because frankly if they say this was intended and is not a bug (meaning there is no resolve) I prefer to find out now and return the drone to seller...

Have you tried without full elevator ?
2021-4-26
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-25 20:34
And do you think that is normal to fly up with Apas on? How MA2 is working properly without going up?
How about limitations in area, as we need Apas but also need to stay on same hight, not going upper each time we start moving?
What you are saying is a nonsense, that Apas is increasing altitude to avoid ground, as it does not have any to avoid at 20m high... So sorry, but that is not explainable by Apas, as I said the drone is too far from ground in order to go higher...

Upward sensor no see the wires?
2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

LoveYou Posted at 4-26 01:31
Upward sensor no see the wires?

Thin without contrast = no.
2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 4-26 00:38
Have you tried without full elevator ?

Yes, also at around 60% throttle, is going up. Have not tried at 20-30%.
2021-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-26 02:11
Yes, also at around 60% throttle, is going up. Have not tried at 20-30%.

That’s strange why wouldn’t you try at low speeds, aircraft has to pitch up at full elevator and log cannot accurately measure altitude until craft planes out. What you showed is normal it looks normal and as someone asked try without APAS.
2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 4-26 03:31
That’s strange why wouldn’t you try at low speeds, aircraft has to pitch up at full elevator and log cannot accurately measure altitude until craft planes out. What you showed is normal it looks normal and as someone asked try without APAS.

Affirmation based on WHAT?
MA2 experience? Does it makes the same? Because we have MA2 and I can tell you WITH APAS it is not going UP !
2021-4-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

Had a test flight with my MA2 with APAS "ON" (bypass).

Observations:

Flying real low above the ground = automatically max speed is reduced.
Flying low from 0% forward stick to 100% forward stick = speed increase ofcourse and at certain speed craft will climb a little and speed increases more
Depending on how smooth the overflying surface is = more forward speed possible before craft starts to climb a little

At 3 meters VPS height craft does not climb at all fying max forward with APAS ON.

Used 1.4.0 and 1.2.1 FlyApp versions (MA2 on latest FW)

So i did not see a large raise of 3 meters or so direct after starting to fly forward.

All heights in my text fields in the video are VPS heights.

PS with APAS "OFF" ; wow  in sport mode max speed at 1 meter height and steady height flying !
PS Notice that the OA amber marking an beeps are not there, so it must be combination of VPS height sensor with the OA sensors without OA screen indication/beeps

cheers
JJB
2021-4-26
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

JJB* Posted at 4-25 23:52
I will test fly my MA2 for this behaviour, my memory experience tells me that my MA2 with APAS on will stay at the same height when going (fast) forward, even flying low above the ground.

But to counter the opinion of Huginn i will make a video of my MA2.

My Air2S does the exact same thing that FB: GeoDrone4K... is its normal behavior.

APAS Bypass calculates the trajectory and leaves a huge margin from the ground/objects depending on the speed/acceleration... that safe margin is what DJI engineers thought was optimal for not crashing into things.

I'm not saying if its optimal behavior or not, but if he wants to fly straight at low altitude just needs to use Brake instead of Bypass.

Air 2S thanks to the upward sensors can achieva 9Km/h more than the Air2 while APAS Bypass is actiated, so a bit more clearence form obstacles is expected at full speed.
2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 4-26 03:31

One question for you: How did you considered that a drone with APAS is OK to increase by itself the altitude in first 20-30 meters with 2-3 meters?
Do you have experience with other models from DJI,  Parrot, Hubsad, Autel, that goes UP when you start moving?
So in order to make a fair judgement:
Mavic 2 Pro - APAS = no movement UP, just go forward.
Mavic Air 2 - APAS = no movement UP, just go forward.
Air2S - APAS = goes UP like crazy, but IS NORMAL for you, as APAS does this... ?

Why I cannot believe what you are trying to demonstrate, as we have solid experience from DJI products that APAS does not make your drone go UP... but Air2S goes Up like crazy...and you keep saying that is Normal ?
Sorry mate...I cannot believe you...or you just serve DJI purposes... sorry for this also...but I see you have a lot of drones, including A2S, but you keep saying that is normal, despite the fact that no other APAS drone does this....
2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

JJB* Posted at 4-26 04:01
Hi all,

Had a test flight with my MA2 with APAS "ON".

Thank you JJB !!!!
We appreciate that you made time for this test, that I believe is very clear.
2021-4-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-26 04:10
Thank you JJB !!!!
We appreciate that you made time for this test, that I believe is very clear.

Its my pleasure.

So if i watched your video, MA2S not that close to the ground, if with applying forward stick it raises almost immediately 2 or 3 meters ; imo not normal but mayby a MA2S is more sensitive...i understand at high speeds it needs more free area around the drone, but not direct from hover into forward flight.

Many opinions on here (logical and only good), so ask DJI support to help you out.

Would be nice to see your flight record from your flight, if you like upload in on here or
mail to me at JJBsoftware@gmail.com

cheers
JJB

2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Will do. Also I will use subtitles in video, probably today if wind slows down.
2021-4-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

I was called by dealer now, as I have requested RMA return. The drone will be changed, already shipped a replacement for it. Seems that was aware of the problem, as it changed another one for same reason = the down sensors not properly working.
Hope the one that will arrive will be fine.
Will test tomorrow, today there are powerful guts and not good for flight.
2021-4-26
Use props
Peregrine33
New

United States

I am having the SAME issue. Forward flight from a hover, at any altitude, in NORMAL flight mode, with no obstacles present, causes the Mavic Air 2S to rapidly rise in elevation approximatly 3 to 4 feet before it levels out. It is very frustrating. Has is been determined to be a software or a hardware issue yet?
2021-6-29
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

Peregrine33 Posted at 6-29 04:53
I am having the SAME issue. Forward flight from a hover, at any altitude, in NORMAL flight mode, with no obstacles present, causes the Mavic Air 2S to rapidly rise in elevation approximatly 3 to 4 feet before it levels out. It is very frustrating. Has is been determined to be a software or a hardware issue yet?

It's the way OA bypass work, just use brake instead, not only it will fly straight at low altitude, it will turn faster and fly better at any altitude.

Bypass will always climb to a safe altitude from the ground (a few meters), no matter if there are obstacles in front or not.
2021-6-29
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

What app and firmware version are you running?
2021-6-30
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660876 ft
United States

Hi, today 05/26/2022 the problem is still in the air2s. Dji do not give me any solution.
2022-5-26
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Spain

Captain Dangerous Posted at 2021-6-30 01:51
What app and firmware version are you running?

Mande el drone Air 2S a reparar y me enviaron uno nuevo, hace exactamente lo mismo. Es increible cuando lo compre no hacia esto de subir en modo normal y los sensores encendidos y de pronto empezo ha hacerlo. Voy a volver a reclamar, pero ahora me da la sensacion de que es un problema de la DJI Fly. Probare tambien a montarle una version en la que no pasara. Os mantndre informados.
2022-9-4
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Spain

Acabo de hablar con DJI y han abierto un nuevo caso y me piden que lo vuelva a enviar a Holanda. Ya ire contando como sigue esto.
2022-9-5
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

I've noticed that with the Air 2S, the obstacle avoidance will cause the drone to rise if the drone is a few feet off the ground. I figured it was just a feature.
2022-9-5
Use props
fanse0f68750
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

does it do this with obsticle avoidence off?
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_5CtR1rdnHTto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2746132 ft
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 2021-4-25 12:26
Let me embed the link for you. And I’m a plus 1 on this, seeing the same issue with my Air 2S with even less than 70% forward input the drone rises up. I think I saw a post about this on another forum but I can't seem to find it. Maybe this can be resolved with a firmware update?

https://youtu.be/TKBFg3XoKv4

I have this problem and the elevation is wrong a lot
2022-10-10
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Colombia

Un año despues he cambiado el drone nuevamente y con este tercero pasa lo mismo. Doy parte a DJI y no hacen mas que darme largas, les mando los logs de vuelo, y ales mande 4 logs, y me dicen que no pueden leerlos y que vuelva a mandarselos. Alguien a podido arreglar el problema?
Gracias
2023-10-6
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

FCD Posted at 10-6 09:48
Un año despues he cambiado el drone nuevamente y con este tercero pasa lo mismo. Doy parte a DJI y no hacen mas que darme largas, les mando los logs de vuelo, y ales mande 4 logs, y me dicen que no pueden leerlos y que vuelva a mandarselos. Alguien a podido arreglar el problema?
Gracias

Calibra los sensores con DJI Assistant en PC.
Y cambia de Bypass (APAS) a Brake.
2023-10-6
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Colombia

Yaros1 Posted at 10-6 12:41
Calibra los sensores con DJI Assistant en PC.
Y cambia de Bypass (APAS) a Brake.

Ya calibre, varias veces, los sensores y nada, sigue igual.

Si le cambio a freno va bien y frena, pero yo quiero que me esquive cuando va hacia mi, como hacia cuando lo compre.
2023-10-12
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Thanks for all the in
2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules