Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't Link the drone
6162 19 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deldomsky
lvl.1
United States

I can't link my new DJI Air 2S to my controller that came with the drone or the DJI Smart Controller. All controllers and drone are updated with the latest firmware. I even download the DJI Fly app again .. cannot link. DJI customer service is not responding over the weekend. Looking for help from the Forum. Any ideas? I think I just have a bad drone!
2021-4-25
Use props
Deldomsky
lvl.1
United States

Update: When holding the power button on the drone for 4 secs the drone beeps once and then twice really fast. Is three beeps right? I had an Air 2 and can't remember the sound of linking that drone.
2021-4-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Maintain the battery button 4 secs, then the drone enters pairing mode.

In the fly app select Air2S, then fly, and then it should link, if not press on the ("you can't clink it?") text that appears in the bottom, and it will explain the process.
2021-4-25
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know you have to use the fly app, not the Go 4 app...
2021-4-25
Use props
T2Digital
lvl.1
United States

ting-ting Posted at 4-25 15:51

I meant the DJI Fly App. Typo .. still not working.
2021-4-25
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

When I first got my Air 2, I had the same problem.  I tried my wife's phone and it worked.  Then I tried my phone again and it linked.
Maybe try a different phone or iPad.
2021-4-25
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

T2Digital Posted at 4-25 16:07
I meant the DJI Fly App. Typo .. still not working.

Take at the following DJI vid on linking. Also if you have not tried,  link the aircraft and remote using the combination buttons.

Hope this helps.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Deldomsky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is required that you also update the DJI Mavic Air 2S to version v02.04.16.40 via the DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ) before it can be linked to the DJI Smart Controller that is already running V01.01.0040. Once they're all running the matching firmware, they can now be linked and use together. Thank you.
2021-4-25
Use props
Deldomsky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-25 21:09
Hello there Deldomsky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is required that you also update the DJI Mavic Air 2S to version v02.04.16.40 via the DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ) before it can be linked to the DJI Smart Controller that is already running V01.01.0040. Once they're all running the matching firmware, they can now be linked and use together. Thank you.

That was the first thing I did. The controller that came with the drone,, the drone (via the DJI Assistant) and DJI Smart Controller were all updated to the correct firmware. Still no luck. I’ve got some pretty good knowledge of DJI products and completely stumped on this one.
2021-4-26
Use props
Deldomsky
lvl.1
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-25 17:16
Take at the following DJI vid on linking. Also if you have not tried,  link the aircraft and remote using the combination buttons.

https://youtu.be/FxAoMmCDjzc

Thank you for the tip on linking manually! I’ll try that this morning. Fingers crossed.
2021-4-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for bringing you any unpleasure experience on the customer service. We have checked the email system and did not find the record regarding to the email address you registered for this forum. Did you use another email to contact our customer support? We will help to check more details and improve our further user experience.

Thanks
2021-4-26
Use props
Deldomsky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-26 01:11
Hello, we are sorry for bringing you any unpleasure experience on the customer service. We have checked the email system and did not find the record regarding to the email address you registered for this forum. Did you use another email to contact our customer support? We will help to check more details and improve our further user experience.

Thanks

I’m not sure how this happened. But, the DJI Forum email is my work email. My DJI account is under
2021-4-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Deldomsky Posted at 4-26 01:17
I’m not sure how this happened. But, the DJI Forum email is my work email. My DJI account is under tjpatience@me.com.

Hi, could you please provide us any ticket number on the email conversation? We will help to check further on our system, thanks in advanced.
2021-4-26
Use props
Deldomsky
lvl.1
United States

Fixed the problem. I was using my controller from my DJI Mavic Air 2. When I went and used the remote that came with the Air 2S system the drone quickly linked. I started the DJI Smart Controller and after one link drone is now bound to the controller.   
2021-4-26
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue too with my new out-of-the-box Air 2S. The remote controller and the drone are shipped un-linked. I have to link them via the GO Fly app.
2021-4-26
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

When I first got mine, it wouldn't link at all. The only way it would is when I uninstalled the app version I got from the Google Play store and used the app download straight from DJI. I don't usually like to do that, but it was the only thing that worked.
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_HK2rSohl8tmF
New

United States

I have spent the last 4 hours trying all the permutations of the suggestion posted the on the forums (and elsewhere) and can't get my brand new Air 2s to connect at all.

I have tried all three batteries, I have tried pairing/linking with my Pixel 4 attached to controller and with the controller alone, I have swapped out the USB cable, I have 'rotated' the usb. Nothing.

I do note that when the controller is supposed to be in pairing mode that the 4 green LEDs are supposed to flash in sequence.  They do not, they all flash in unison, even after the 3 button combo press on the controller.

Any other suggestions before this goes back for a refund?   
UPDATE:  updated firmware on 2S to the July 27 2021 release, updated flight info; updated controller to latest.  Controller now beeps and flashes in sequence while trying to link but never links.  Noted small icon on the DJI Fly app above the Connection button in the lower right corner that appears to indicate that the controller is linked to the phone.  This is a horrible customer service experience.

UPDATE 2:  Have also confirmed that it does NOT work with an iPhone 8 running iOS 14 and using the provided Lightning connector.  Same behavior: app shows that it is connected to the controller but refuses to link to the drone using the "connect" button on main screen, the "connect controller" link on the Camera View screen or the 3-button method on the controller.  What a waste of time.

2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_2TZRJ704A6sz
New
United States

Since I can't post a new thread, I have to post in a similar thread I guess.  The DJI Fly App is not connecting to my dragontouch 10 max plus tablet with the Air 2s controller.  Tablet works fine/ great with my mini, it works fine/great with my buddies mini 2.  Finally got the air 2s yesterday, wake up nice and early planning on getting some great shots.... and I can't get the app to link with tablet.  Works fine with my phone, but I don't want to use my phone.  Tested again with my mini and tablet and app work just fine.

Tried Uninstaller and reinstalling app, tried downloading app from air 2s download site even though it is same.  Tried different type-c to type c otg cables that work with my phone.

Anyone have any ideas?
2021-8-1
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

ting-ting Posted at 4-25 15:51

Am I the only person asking "ehh...why the new app and only install directly off their website?!?"
2021-11-15
Use props
dhinson919
New

United States

I had this problem also but it was as I was trying to transition an already linked Air 2S from dumb controller to smart controller.  I solved it after 3 hours of trial and error and research.  Here's what I did:

I'm reasonably sure these first few steps mandatory, so I wouldn't advise skipping them:
- I downloaded "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)" for Windows from https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads, installed it and ran it.  I did not reboot as it suggested.  (I probably should have but I didn't feel like it.)  I'm using Windows 11 fwiw.
- I connected the controller (DJI RC Pro) via USB.  Miraculously the tool automatically detected it and displayed a big button for it.  I pressed the button and followed the directions.  The firmware updated perfectly.
- I disconnected the controller and connected the drone (DJI Air 2S).  The tool detected it as well and I followed the directions to update its firmware which also went perfectly.
- I powered off the controller and the drone, then powered up the drone and waited until the rear LEDs blinked yellow (waiting for controller).  I then powered up the controller.

The controller still would not link to the drone, either by the 3-button linking or by the DJI Fly pairing.  I had already done every combination of things that I could imagine and was about to give up and send the controller back when I decided to try one last thing based on a tip from another post.  I was very skeptical but in the end it actually worked.

- I powered everything off again and then powered up the drone until it blinked yellow.
- Pay attention:  I then powered up the dumb controller which had been linked to the drone before.  DJI Fly started up on the attached iPhone automatically as expected.  When I selected the Air 2S connection option lo and behold there was a little popup that said something involving the firmware was out of sync and asked if I wanted to fix it.  (Sadly I don't remember the exact text and I'm afraid to try to reproduce it.)  I hit OK and there was a very quick update which I'm guessing was to the drone.  After that it eventually went to drone camera as expected.
- Pay attention:  While the dumb controller was still connected, I powered up the smart controller and put it into 3-button linking mode.
- While the smart controller was still in linking mode I powered off the dumb controller and then the drone.
- When I powered up the drone again the smart controller magically (and very timely) linked to it!  Nice green lights.

Everything appears to work as expected now.  However my opinion of DJI quality has taken a big hit because of all this.  This should've been a simple process since they advertise smart controllers as an upgrade option for the base package (and I took the bait).  I was literally minutes from boxing up this expensive new controller and sending it back as junk.
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules