565 5 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
docdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17110 ft
United States

Hi,
Been loving and flying the DJI FPV for over a month. Took it out today for a short flight, took off OK, flew OK, landed OK, but when I tried to power it down (pulled both control levers down and in), the drone did not power down and instead skidded across the driveway (chewing up the props in the process). I only fly in "Normal" mode, as I'm fairly new to the sport. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

2021-4-25
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Are you landing in Normal mode? Preferably from a hover?

Just hold down the throttle and it lands and should shut down automatically.
2021-4-25
Use props
docdrone
lvl.1
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-25 15:49
Are you landing in Normal mode? Preferably from a hover?

Just hold down the throttle and it lands and should shut down automatically.

That’s exactly what I usually do, and this time I thought that’s what I did, but maybe I didn’t give it enough time to shut down. Then did the down-and-center move, which may have confused things. I’ll be more patient. Thanks for your help!
2021-4-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

docdrone Posted at 4-25 16:18
That’s exactly what I usually do, and this time I thought that’s what I did, but maybe I didn’t give it enough time to shut down. Then did the down-and-center move, which may have confused things. I’ll be more patient. Thanks for your help!

I just went out to try this to be sure I remembering correctly. I'm pretty sure, if the blades are spinning on the ground, the drone is armed. As already mentioned, I think the correct way to disarm it is to hold the throttle down.

I didn't try holding the sticks down and together with the props spinning for fear of repeating what you saw.

Good luck in future flights. I'm having a lot of fun myself.
2021-4-25
Use props
docdrone
lvl.1
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-25 16:46
I just went out to try this to be sure I remembering correctly. I'm pretty sure, if the blades are spinning on the ground, the drone is armed. As already mentioned, I think the correct way to disarm it is to hold the throttle down.

I didn't try holding the sticks down and together with the props spinning for fear of repeating what you saw.

Thanks Duane, I think I just screwed up. I had an audience. Maybe that goofed me up. All is OK for the most part, just some scuffed up props (which were already scuffed from one of my very first “training” trips).

Either way, you’re right; it is a lot of fun.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there docdrone. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV. Since this event happened on the said DJI Drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules