How to unbind Motion Controller
6817 9 2021-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

How do you unbind the motion controller from one drone so that you can use it on another?  Like when you sell the drone or motion controller?  Or you got a new FPV drone and want to use the motion controller with it?  TIA.

2021-4-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I assume that you simply connect the motion controller to a new drone "as normal".  

So you press the switch-on buttons (drone and motion controller) until the connection is established (about 5 sec) ...
2021-4-26
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just link it to the drone you want to use it with.

Goggles powered up and connected the drone, power up the Motion Controller.

Press and hold the battery button until the drone beeps and the lights on the battery start to blink.

Hold the power button on the Motion Controller until it starts to been, it will then pair in a few seconds.
2021-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbarton. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. For additional reference, when linking the DJI Motion Controller to a different DJI FPV please make sure that all devices are powered on before linking and follow these steps below. Thank you.

1. Press and hold the power button of the aircraft until the battery level LEDs start to blink in sequence.
2. Press and hold the power button of the motion controller until it beeps continually and the battery level indicators blinking sequence.
3. The motion controller stops beeping when linking is successful and both the battery level indicators turn solid and display the battery level.
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_q0moCj7bOg9f
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-26 19:45
Hello there sbarton. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. For additional reference, when linking the DJI Motion Controller to a different DJI FPV please make sure that all devices are powered on before linking and follow these steps below. Thank you.

1. Press and hold the power button of the aircraft until the battery level LEDs start to blink in sequence.

The original question was how to, "Unbind" the remote. The reason I am re-asking this is I am sending my drone into Care Refresh and the procedures say to unbind the drone from the remote... othewise the repair/replace staff will have to do it.".

So I'd appreciate some info on how to do this and even why. I expect that if the 2 are bound and Care Refresh sends a new Mini2 that it will have a different serial # and might not work with the remote that is bound to my former drone; AND, then there's account binding for the rest of my Care Refresh period, which according to some reading that new drone will be covered also, until expiration.
2021-10-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"The original question was how to, "Unbind" the remote." A good question!

I have just paired a motion controller to my FPV etc. and am worried by the use of the word "bind" etc. in the messages seen during the procedure. My concern is not helped by the impression I have, that use, by DJI, of the word "bind" was introduced when they started the Flyaway coverage on some drones. And that some legitimate buyers of second hand drones etc. are running into problems with purchased equipment being 'bound' to someone else's account.
If I am correct it might save pilots' anxiety if DJI used different words for pairing-the-controller-to-the-drone and whatever 'connections' are establish when a flyaway coverage is bought.
2021-10-12
Use props
Chadguy
New

United States

I had to replace my RC. When I paired it to the drone, it gave me a notification that the drone was bound to another remote and presented the options to unbind the drone or change which RC was bound to it. This is for the Flyaway coverage which is separate from the pairing, but triggered when pairing to a different remote.

I never did find a way to unbind the existing remote, but when I paired to the new remote, the binding moved over to it.
2022-3-26
Use props
Schwayback
New

United States

While in the app (DJI Fly) select *Profile*...
2022-10-26
Use props
fans86676762
New
Flight distance : 187 ft

United States

how to i unbind the rc motion controller 2 and bind the rc motion controller 1. When I set up I accidently bind the rc motion controller 2 instead 1 now I got stuck with motion controller 2
3-5 12:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans86676762 Posted at 3-5 12:00
how to i unbind the rc motion controller 2 and bind the rc motion controller 1. When I set up I accidently bind the rc motion controller 2 instead 1 now I got stuck with motion controller 2

Hi there. To unbind a device to your drone, please make sure your bound account is logged in, connect the app to the aircraft and remote controller, and tap "Remove Device from Account" in "Device Management".Read the "Device Binding Info" tap "Next" and select "Confirm" to unbind the device. You can refer to this link to learn more: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper. Please keep us posted if you require further assistance. Have a nice day.
3-5 21:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules