Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA wants your drone's make and serial number
13286 24 2021-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, guys, I just stumbled upon this bits of information and wondered if anyone has bothered entering their drone's make and serial number into the FAA's registration site? It seems this is all part of the new rule for the Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft. I thought we still have a couple of more years?
FAA Notice.jpg Your inventory.jpg
2021-4-26
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've entered my drone  make and serial since that was required even before remote ID came around back in 2015 or 2016 for my part 107. As far as I recall, remote ID passed but still falls on the manufacturers to comply until Sept 16 2022. Remote ID also relies on gps coordinates and allows the proper authorities to identify the operator/pilot when aircraft is flying in an unsafe manner or where not allowed. If you have an older drone that does not have remote ID capability, you have until Sep 16 2023 to add iit if applicable, or fly in a designated area.
2021-4-26
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-26 10:21
I've entered my drone  make and serial since that was required even before remote ID came around back in 2015 or 2016 for my part 107. As far as I recall, remote ID passed but still falls on the manufacturers to comply until Sept 16 2022. Remote ID also relies on gps coordinates and allows the proper authorities to identify the operator/pilot when aircraft is flying in an unsafe manner or where not allowed. If you have an older drone that does not have remote ID capability, you have until Sep 16 2023 to add iit if applicable, or fly in a designated area.

Thanks for the info RobZilla! I was not aware that I need to put down my drone maker and serial number information with the FAA! I guess after all these years of me not entering my drone info, I guess the FAA can do without them.
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_sZInElai0I6X
New

United States

I tried to enter my DJI Mavic Air 2 SN number in but FAA says it's invalid?  So I can't add my drone.   I scanned the QR code and copied it on their site to avoid entry errors?  
2021-4-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maxi3D Posted at 4-26 10:38
Thanks for the info RobZilla! I was not aware that I need to put down my drone maker and serial number information with the FAA! I guess after all these years of me not entering my drone info, I guess the FAA can do without them.

I was not aware that I need to put down my drone maker and serial number information with the FAA!
You only needed to give details of your drones for commercial registration, but not for commercial registration.
2021-4-29
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-29 03:28
I was not aware that I need to put down my drone maker and serial number information with the FAA!
You only needed to give details of your drones for commercial registration, but not for commercial registration.

So the same process in Australia as it is here in the US? Meaning a drone over 250g does not require registration?  

Even when flying recreationally, Air 2S or any drone over 250g should (or needs to) be registered here in the US.

2021-4-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RobZilla Posted at 4-29 06:50
So the same process in Australia as it is here in the US? Meaning a drone over 250g does not require registration?  

Even when flying recreationally, Air 2S or any drone over 250g should (or needs to) be registered here in the US.

I wasn't commenting on the situation in Australia
2021-4-29
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-29 03:28
You only needed to give details of your drones for commercial registration, but not for commercial registration.

So it's for commercial registration, but not for commercial registration? Please don't do this as I confuse easily.  
2021-4-29
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 4-29 07:57
So it's for commercial registration, but not for commercial registration? Please don't do this as I confuse easily.

If you have a 107 license in the US and want to fly commercially you need a commercial id on every drone you will fly commercially. $5 per drone.  

If you have a drone that’s over 250 grams that you want to fly recreationally you must place your number on the drone.  $5 per person.   

It’s the government so you have to expect some confusion....
2021-4-29
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jwp721 Posted at 4-29 08:57
If you have a 107 license in the US and want to fly commercially you need a commercial id on every drone you will fly commercially. $5 per drone.  

If you have a drone that’s over 250 grams that you want to fly recreationally you must place your number on the drone.  $5 per person.   

Thanks for the explanation. JWP721
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_0s5ulG7yqjYM
New

United States

djiuser_sZInElai0I6X Posted at 4-29 01:26
I tried to enter my DJI Mavic Air 2 SN number in but FAA says it's invalid?  So I can't add my drone.   I scanned the QR code and copied it on their site to avoid entry errors?

Hey I had the same error saying my serial number is invalid. Could you tell me how did you solve the error or how did you scan the qr code? TIA
2021-5-2
Use props
Captn D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1037146 ft
United States

djiuser_0s5ulG7yqjYM Posted at 5-2 09:29
Hey I had the same error saying my serial number is invalid. Could you tell me how did you solve the error or how did you scan the qr code? TIA

Same Here!
2021-5-3
Use props
Jason Iaquilino
New

United States

djiuser_sZInElai0I6X Posted at 4-29 01:26
I tried to enter my DJI Mavic Air 2 SN number in but FAA says it's invalid?  So I can't add my drone.   I scanned the QR code and copied it on their site to avoid entry errors?

I'm having the same issue.
2021-5-3
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Are you both doing this under Part 107, or Recreational?

Make sure its the Aircraft SN you see on the DJI Fly app... -> Profile -> Device Management -> Air 2S -> Aircraft SN

2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_MVGumuOpZa7X
New

United States

RobZilla Posted at 5-3 16:20
Are you both doing this under Part 107, or Recreational?

Make sure its the Aircraft SN you see on the DJI Fly app... -> Profile -> Device Management -> Air 2S -> Aircraft SN

I am having the same issue. Trying to register my new drone for recreational use. But it would not let me register unless I enter my serial number, which is coming up as invalid. All the tutorials I found on youtube didn't have to enter the serial number. I am wondering if this is a new requirement. Any suggestions?
2021-5-9
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the site is asking for your remote id serial number;  do you have one?  they are looking for the serial number for your remote id broadcast module and i'm pretty sure you don't have one that has been approved by the faa.  so for now, there is nothing for you to do as a recreational flyer.

don't forget:  registration = confiscation.  the instant your drone is registered into a government database, it is subject to imminent and eventual confiscation by the authorities.  this is not a good idea, i can't believe how many recreational flyers are rushing and clamoring to enter their credentials into a government database. /s /ls
2021-5-9
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-9 11:32
the site is asking for your remote id serial number;  do you have one?  they are looking for the serial number for your remote id broadcast module and i'm pretty sure you don't have one that has been approved by the faa.  so for now, there is nothing for you to do as a recreational flyer.

don't forget:  registration = confiscation.  the instant your drone is registered into a government database, it is subject to imminent and eventual confiscation by the authorities.  this is not a good idea, i can't believe how many recreational flyers are rushing and clamoring to enter their credentials into a government database. /s /ls

The Air 2S doesn't have a remote ID unit currently, so you just check the no box while registering.
2021-5-9
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

FAA Registration, when I got my registration number for RECREATIONAL, FAA did NOT want my serial number or model, they told me that  * I * am licensed NOT the craft - because,
recreational flyers fly many different drones.  That is what they wrote me back.  I am going to check out this new registering thing..
2021-5-9
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

FAA Registration:  Sure is right.  In that Notice there is a "Remote Identification Overview" that explains it - check it out!  They give THREE ways you can fly.
2021-5-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-9 11:32
the site is asking for your remote id serial number;  do you have one?  they are looking for the serial number for your remote id broadcast module and i'm pretty sure you don't have one that has been approved by the faa.  so for now, there is nothing for you to do as a recreational flyer.

don't forget:  registration = confiscation.  the instant your drone is registered into a government database, it is subject to imminent and eventual confiscation by the authorities.
Yes .. just like the government has been confiscating people's cars for years.
The purpose of drone registration was obviously to eliminate them from our skies.

2021-5-9
Use props
ccmm002
New
United States

Has anyone figured out the issue with the Invalid Serial Number on the Remote ID when trying to register a commercial drone on the FAA's Drone Zone website? I tried entering the S/N from the Remote ID section from the DJI GO 4 app, and I tried entering the S/N found on the label underneath the battery department and both says Invalid Serial Number.
2021-5-19
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

For the remote ID question you will answer no. While the drone may be remote ID capable at this time there are no FAA approved broadcast Modules which the serial number the system is looking for.
2021-5-19
Use props
fansaa2a8222
lvl.1
United States

Put "1581E" in front of your serial number found next to the QR code under the battery and dronezone will accept the registration.
2022-3-2
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Edit - Deleted.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_ujNBo2q08aWA
New

United States

I have the same problem " invalid", glad I am not the only one. Now I believe it is a FAA problem
2023-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules