DJI FLY app music
9334 14 2021-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansed10a418
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408944 ft
United States

Is the music in the dji fly app copyright? I wanted to use it in a drone video I'm posting
2021-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For as long as you are using the Music found in the DJI Fly application there are no copyright issues since all the music in the application was purchased for use and then placed in the said application. Thank you and keep on flying.
2021-4-26
Use props
Connor Lindeman
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-26 20:47
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For as long as you are using the Music found in the DJI Fly application there are no copyright issues since all the music in the application was purchased for use and then placed in the said application. Thank you and keep on flying.

thanks a lot!
2021-4-27
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For as long as you are using the Music found in the DJI Fly application there are no copyright issues since all the music in the application was purchased for use and then placed in the said application. Thank you and keep on flying.

In theory that's the way it should work. However, check what Akirasho said (post #7) in the following thread about what they encountered:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240975
2021-4-27
Use props
Connor Lindeman
lvl.2
United States

steamship Posted at 4-27 05:22
In theory that's the way it should work. However, check what Akirasho said (post #7) in the following thread about what they encountered:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240975

In youtube, they said that it was copyright. I disputed the claim and they are going to look into it. IDK I'll update you all and let you know what happens.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_sXQJdN5L9gVz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I too have had a copyright claim (about using Cool City) from Believe Music about a Youtube video called Bechain, Ashish Patra. They actully use the Cool City track between 15 to 35 seconds or so before their Music video starts properly. I disputed the claim and have had my dispute rejected so am now going to appeal the decision. This is a link to their video which claims copyright:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_1v4zyDu_s
2021-6-2
Use props
Eclair29
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306499 ft
Cambodia

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For as long as you are using the Music found in the DJI Fly application there are no copyright issues since all the music in the application was purchased for use and then placed in the said application. Thank you and keep on flying.

@ DJI Music administrator
I would like to highlight an issue I am having with YouTube right now on DJI free music...
The soundtrack "cool city" is available on DJI GO4 and it is clearly mentionned as free to use for drone videos at  
Yet, the intro segment is also used by an Indian music producer : RKMedia
They claim ownership to the soundtrack when I use it in my videos. You can see the sound is exactly the same:  
(Go straight to 0:16)I thought you should know because they monetize what DJI is claiming to be a free soundtrack.
2021-6-18
Use props
enmaniamusic
New

Vietnam

Hello have a good day DJI Fly is an easy to use application that gives you all the tools you need to capture incredible images and videos to share with your friends in just a few minutes. operation. And your question is asking I think it has nothing to do with copyright.
2022-4-12
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

enmaniamusic Posted at 4-12 22:44
Hello have a good day DJI Fly is an easy to use application that gives you all the tools you need to capture incredible images and videos to share with your friends in just a few minutes. operation. And your question is asking I think it has nothing to do with copyright.

Looks a bit like your answer hasn't much to do with the question. ;)

@fansed10a418: Stephens answer unfortunately isn't likely to help you with any YouTube conflicts. You need a written permission of DJI (or the original copyright holder), not a forum post stating that DJI (!) got a usage licence because they (not you) purchased the music. Plus, purchasing media for a specific use (like for a specific app) does not automatically mean you're free to openly use that media at other places and for other purposes.
2022-4-12
Use props
TomHiddleston
New

Vietnam

Holding a phone that's not yours and downloading free iPhone ringtones on https://sonnerieportable.com/ can be an exciting experience. You'll find thousands of amazing sounding options from websites all over the internet or you could take it one step further by converting video sound clips into mobile mp3s for easier compatibility with your other contacts!
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-13 00:45
Language barrier = stupid answers.

"TomHiddleston" just proved you right.
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Just remember that if your YT account is monetized, you are no longer a recreational flyer and the FAA could call and ask about your 107 license, 250g or not.  Seems like they've been getting serious over the last year or two...
2022-4-15
Use props
fans88469ac2
New

Vietnam

Thank you friend I downloaded it at kostenloseklingeltone.de
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_jQgzKr9eqXb8
New
United Kingdom

Hi all. I just posted my very first edited drone shots on FB and got a copyright strike. I was using music from the Dji fly app. Is there a point of disputing it? Are the music in the app not copyright free?  Thanks
2022-7-23
Use props
djiuser_QbJxwCngsUBH
New

Canada

I just posted a video to TikTok, using music from DJI fly app, it was Immediately flagged with copyright infringement and they pulled the audio.
2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules