Use goggles connected to charger
4769 10 2021-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MemoRechy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1759764 ft
Mexico

Ive been practicing a lot of the simulator, goggles battery runs out rather quickly, since I'm at home there is no point on wasting precious battery cycles... Can I run the goggles connected to the charger directly instead of the battery??
2021-4-26
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure the goggles can not be powered from the USB connection. The goggles can be powered from an alternate source with an appropriate voltage (12V) and connector (5.5mm/2.1mm).
A lot of external hard drives use this sort of power supply.
I power my goggles from a bench top supply when I'm downloading logs. The goggles use about 900mA of current at 12V.
Edit: The 900mA figure is when the goggles are connected to my Android tablet. I believe the goggles may provide some power to the tablet so the 900mA figure might also include power to charge the tablet.
2021-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MemoRechy. Thanks for reaching out! We appreciate your inquiry although this option is currently not supported. On the other hand, you may use third-party Li-Po batteries to power on the DJI FPV Goggles v2 using the DJI FPV Goggles Power Cable (XT60): https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-goggles-power-cable.
2021-4-29
Use props
sswr
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi all, want to bring up this discussion again but now in the context of DJI Goggles 2.
Noticed that the input voltage range is 7V-9V (and similarly the output from DJI battery).
Give that my charger outputs 5V/9V, is it safe to connect the goggles directly to the charger?
2022-12-14
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t see why not. If it’s the same voltage requirements.
2022-12-15
Use props
eshabo
New

Israel

sswr Posted at 12-14 19:47
Hi all, want to bring up this discussion again but now in the context of DJI Goggles 2.
Noticed that the input voltage range is 7V-9V (and similarly the output from DJI battery).
Give that my charger outputs 5V/9V, is it safe to connect the goggles directly to the charger?

Hey, did you succeed connecting the Goggles to charger directly?
can you share what were the specs of the charger?
2022-12-27
Use props
eshabo
New

Israel

sswr Posted at 12-14 19:47

Hey, did you succeed connecting the Goggles to charger directly?
2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_rXDw77kpGCuX
New
Nepal

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-29 23:40
Hi, MemoRechy. Thanks for reaching out! We appreciate your inquiry although this option is currently not supported. On the other hand, you may use third-party Li-Po batteries to power on the DJI FPV Goggles v2 using the DJI FPV Goggles Power Cable (XT60): https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-goggles-power-cable.

Hello can I directly connect xt60 goggles power cable to provided ac power adapter
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_rXDw77kpGCuX
New
Nepal

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-4-29 23:40

Hello can I directly connect xt60 goggles power cable to provided ac power adapter
2023-1-11
Use props
ssteven
lvl.1
Singapore

> Hey, did you succeed connecting the Goggles to charger directly?

Sorry just saw this again.
I haven't really tried that one, but was thinking to connect it to my iPad charger (so that I could play in the simulator without using battery).
2023-7-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

The same cable you use with the DJI bat. Just plug it in there. Chk the vol though. Some chargers have a usb C port. Or use the XT60 adapter mentioned above and just set the vol right and go for it. I really does sound like more work than just plunging in any 4cell with the AT60 and just doing it that way. But have fun.
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules