5175 12 2021-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got the TrueRC Duality 2.4 - 5.8ghz dual frequency antenna yesterday for the V2 goggles. Little test to see how they perform near to home. Nice fast, low level runs with full signal and no issues at all. Shorter than the stock and easier to transport the goggles and fit in my case. Was running the normal TrueRC Stubbies for DJI but they are only 5.8ghz, so not ideal if I send it long and it switched to 2.4ghz. Now that would have been a black screen and possible downed drone. These seem to be sweet -

2021-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CoreyB10. Good day and thank you for posting another cool aerial video that you have filmed. Great work and fly safe always. .
2021-4-26
Use props
sskom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206132 ft
Ukraine

CoreyB10,

Do you see the improvement over stock dual antennas?
2021-4-26
Use props
Vertigocal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554928 ft
Germany

sskom Posted at 4-26 23:52
CoreyB10,

I‘ve flown only once with them yet, but it seems they didn‘t have a great impact on the range. I have to take them for more tests to know for shure.
2021-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2021-4-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sskom Posted at 4-26 23:52
CoreyB10,

I was rocking the TrueRC normal stubbies as they are awesome, but are only 5.8ghz. Yes, I know I was running the risk of a black screen and crash if it switched to 2.4ghz, but they are more packable in my case or kwad bag. The Duality version is obviously a better choice due to having both frequency bands and so far so good. For what I use the drone for they are perfect due to form factor. One thing about the stock antenna is that they can become loose, even on the V1 goggles. There are others out there like the Luminaire versions but TrueRC have served me well on a number of my FPV freestyle kwads. They also look quite cool. Range wise though, I need to really send her out to do a proper test.
2021-4-28
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think with the FPV drone, the comm with the aircraft is through the controller, not the goggles. The goggles just hook up wirelessly to the controller only. So you shouldn't see a difference with different antennas on the goggles themselves.

With the FPV air unit, though, the transceivers in the goggles themselves are definitely used for comm back and forth to the air unit on the drone, so that's where you'd see any changes with better goggle antennas.

There's a youtube video out there that shows this, but I can't find it at the moment.....
2021-4-28
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

I'd love some antennas that improve my non-line-of-sight performance.  I'm always loosing signal if I fly too low or out too far as I fly in an area with lots of altitude variations ... and my "Home" is in a bit of a valley.
2021-4-28
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steelart99 Posted at 4-28 12:08
I'd love some antennas that improve my non-line-of-sight performance.  I'm always loosing signal if I fly too low or out too far as I fly in an area with lots of altitude variations ... and my "Home" is in a bit of a valley.

Some people have unlocked the frequency power which is supposed to improve the range and penetration dramatically, I have not tried my self.
2021-4-28
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-28 14:41
Some people have unlocked the frequency power which is supposed to improve the range and penetration dramatically, I have not tried my self.

I think the power is already at the max for US drones under FCC

I'd love to know that I'm mistaken.
2021-4-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steelart99 Posted at 4-28 12:08

In situations like that, the take off and control point should be at a higher vantage point in an ideal situation. Obviously not always practical though. The V1 goggles work very well with the TrueRC Stubbies for DJI. These one's are yet to be tested on a bando situation, but I didn't buy this drone for bando's as I have my others for that kind of flying.
2021-4-28
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steelart99 Posted at 4-28 17:27
I think the power is already at the max for US drones under FCC

I'd love to know that I'm mistaken.

I believe you are correct
2021-4-29
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Cool video. I like the low and fast runs the best.
2021-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules