4389 7 2021-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8360 ft
United States

Hello DJI,

Please consider adding Spotlight feature to Mini 2.

The drone is clearly capable of keeping a subject in frame when moving the drone in preparation for a QuickShot. It would be great to be able to set a subject and do a recording while flying around/over the subject in normal recording mode (no QuickShot). This is especially helpful for creating videos of the family -- small drone, no registration, quick takeoff, quick short video
2021-4-27
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

I agree. This would be a great feature. I use it a lot on another drone.
2021-4-27
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

Good idea, but I think it is marketing and DJI will not make this possible.
2021-4-27
Use props
dsam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8360 ft
United States

mukhas Posted at 4-27 05:01
Good idea, but I think it is marketing and DJI will not make this possible.

I certainly hope that is not their approach to their product lineup (to artificially retain functionality that could easily be made available in software).

I use the Mini 2 when out (beach, park, etc) with the family. The Mini 2 is the right size for such outings -- easy to take off and snap a couple of photos/videos. Spotlight would be the "cherry on top", making videos of the family much more interesting and easier to take.
2021-4-27
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Many would like such a function or active tracking ... Will this ever be implemented for the Mini2? Until then, I'll learn to haunt myself
2021-4-27
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

dsam Posted at 4-27 08:00
I certainly hope that is not their approach to their product lineup (to artificially retain functionality that could easily be made available in software).

I use the Mini 2 when out (beach, park, etc) with the family. The Mini 2 is the right size for such outings -- easy to take off and snap a couple of photos/videos. Spotlight would be the "cherry on top", making videos of the family much more interesting and easier to take.

Welcome to the TIRANY
2021-4-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dsam. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 2 and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-4-27
Use props
georg83
New
Germany

Oh ja, Spotlight für MINI2 wäre für mich ein Kaufgrund! Aber so warte ich bis eine Drohne <250g auf den Markt kommt. Ich hoffe DJI schafft den kleinen Sprung!
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules