Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Incorrect customs declaration on repair service
1061 3 2021-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4bf29581
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25302 ft
United Kingdom

I sent my drone for repairs UK --> NL --> UK... [https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233430]

So, 4-5 months later, I got a surprise mail from UPS asking me to pay VAT, as well as disbursement fee, following the delivery of my serviced drone.

I cannot find any information of similar cases to save my life and thus do not know if VAT is even applicable to UK goods serviced overseas. However even assuming that is indeed the case, there are two issues with how DJI handled the case:
1. There was never any mention of potential additional charges in addition to the repair fee quoted.
2. The value that VAT was charged on was more than double the repair cost. As a result, I am now on the hook for more than additional 50% of the repair cost already paid to DJI.
I would really appreciate if you could clarify what went wrong in the repair process. If, at the very least, the correct service value (which falls under the £135 limit) was provided by the DJI (given they complete the shipping paperwork), the charge would have not been levied at all.

As for anyone in the UK considering a DJI repair - add 50% to the quoted price from DJI if you want to gauge the real cost of sending you drone over to a DJI repair center.

2021-4-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to know about the issue you've encountered regarding the actual delivery process of your unit. Please be advised that I was able to pull up the case number using your DJI Forum Email. On my end, I'll have this concern forwarded to our designated team for further checking and assistance, thank you.
2021-4-27
Use props
fans4bf29581
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25302 ft
United Kingdom

Got an update from UPS themselves, who agreed that the declaration has been filled out incorrectly (DJI put down a random value declaration rather than the cost of repair). However they're not doing anything about it, so that's £40 out of my pocket for nothing.
Meanwhile the only response from DJI is to 'read import duty regulations', a copy-pasta email every time.

To anyone reading this, arrange your own courier service if possible, or better yet - repair in the UK if total repair cost is of importance.
2021-5-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans4bf29581 Posted at 5-17 07:41
Got an update from UPS themselves, who agreed that the declaration has been filled out incorrectly (DJI put down a random value declaration rather than the cost of repair). However they're not doing anything about it, so that's £40 out of my pocket for nothing.
Meanwhile the only response from DJI is to 'read import duty regulations', a copy-pasta email every time.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'll help to escalate your case to our corresponding team to follow up. If there is an update, we'll keep you updated.
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules