New DJI drones not having native waypoint mission support??!!
1351 6 2021-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spartan1980
lvl.1

United States

• I must say that I am beyond disappointed that DJI stepped away from supporting native waypoints on their new drones. I was so disappointed that I sold all of my DJI drones and went outside of my hobby. I had been a DJI customer since 2015 and I owned at least five of your drones over the years. It is ridiculous that all the older DJI drones had native waypoint support (including tiny Spark) and that newer drones such as Mini, Mini 2, Air2 and Air2S do not have that option. I am sorry but Virtual Stick method for doing waypoint mission will not cut it. I sincerely hope that DJI learns this lesson and to avoid losing customers will implement native waypoint support for Mini 3 when it comes out.

2021-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waypoints through a software update would also be appreciated.
2021-4-28
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Why don't you consider the "virtual sticks" method an option? If it's because you can't fly beyond signal range, then that's illegal anyway in many countries without a special waiver (not to mention that it would almost certainly also be beyond VLOS). Apps like Dronelink offer far more features for waypoint missions than are otherwise available to drones which have a native waypoint capability.
2021-6-10
Use props
Spartan1980
lvl.1

United States

vortex19 Posted at 6-10 09:01
Why don't you consider the "virtual sticks" method an option? If it's because you can't fly beyond signal range, then that's illegal anyway in many countries without a special waiver (not to mention that it would almost certainly also be beyond VLOS). Apps like Dronelink offer far more features for waypoint missions than are otherwise available to drones which have a native waypoint capability.

That what you wrote is a complete nonsense! So according to your logic (or better yet, non-logic) cars that go above 75mph should not be manufactured because it is not legal to drive over 75mph. Same analogy that you are implying here. Just because a drone is capable to fly autonomously out of VLOS doesn't mean that people will be doing it. Same goes for sports cars. Get real man.
2021-6-11
Use props
MichaelMuni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160249 ft
  • >>>
United States

very disappointing! I got my drone with the expectation of being able to do this. I don't understand why their feature set is not standard across the board.
2021-6-13
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spartan1980 Posted at 6-11 05:39
That what you wrote is a complete nonsense! So according to your logic (or better yet, non-logic) cars that go above 75mph should not be manufactured because it is not legal to drive over 75mph. Same analogy that you are implying here. Just because a drone is capable to fly autonomously out of VLOS doesn't mean that people will be doing it. Same goes for sports cars. Get real man.

Where did I say that drones shouldn't have a native waypoint capability? You're reading much more into my comment than I actually wrote! I just pointed out that it's illegal in many countries to fly out of signal or VLOS range. My point remains that third-party apps provide a more comprehensive waypoint capability than the native version and (subject to SDK availability) work with the latest drones.
2021-7-19
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MichaelMuni Posted at 6-13 13:01
very disappointing! I got my drone with the expectation of being able to do this. I don't understand why their feature set is not standard across the board.

Did it say in the official list of features that it had a waypoint capability (or that it would be added later)? If not, you can't really complain that it's missing. It's like buying a car without cruise control then complaining that it doesn't have it.
2021-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules