905 5 2021-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have several DJI drones but found the following features lacking at best and for my use filming 4wd nearly always useless.

I watched a review of Skydio and they seem to have the following and obstacle avoidance nailed.

How comes no DJI product even comes close to this?

https://youtu.be/UQlyV0XqoSs

2021-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Accept you cant buy a skydio.  
2021-4-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:29
Accept you cant buy a skydio.  [view_image]
that’s a bummer however it’s more about the Technology surely DJI got to be able to get their active tracking at least half as good as the Skydio
2021-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alloffroad Posted at 4-28 00:32
that’s a bummer however it’s more about the Technology surely DJI got to be able to get their active tracking at least half as good as the Skydio

There was a driving test video on YouTube and the skydio footage looked terrible,   it was very aggressive and got too close, where as the mavic was much smoother and kept a bit more distance,  so it depends on what you want to use it for I think.  
2021-4-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:39
There was a driving test video on YouTube and the skydio footage looked terrible,   it was very aggressive and got too close, where as the mavic was much smoother and kept a bit more distance,  so it depends on what you want to use it for I think.

hm the demos of the latest Skydio 2 I saw where super impressive and he compared straight agains a Mavic Zoom which crashed twice trying to follow same route.
2021-4-28
Use props
Paul Houghton
New

United Kingdom

Pretty sure DJI can , but don't want to - sure they will when they have to and is  part of their roadmap,.
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules