P4M Android Flight Planning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi there,

Does anyone have a positive experience to share on an android compatible P4M application?
I am motivated to leave the Apple sphere. I am very satisfied with GSpro, but the strength of the Ipad is not compatible with my working environment.

2021-4-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

My question to DJI was :
I really need to be sure that the remote control is compatible with android device trough application like UGCS; I definitely do not want to buy an Apple device. (the mini 1st gen used with GS  is outdated for GSPRO)

Answer from DJI
1 month ago before drone purchase :
Remote controller takes both Android and IOS devices.

today, after drone purchase:
Usually we don't suggest our customer use android pilot APP with Phantom 4 Multispectral because it may have compatible problem. You are still recommended to use the iPad and GS Pro APP.

Dear DJI, your communication lacks clarity. It would be good to add, on the product's web page, the simple and clear statement you have just made: we don't suggest our customer use android .

And inform your resellers! I don't blame him, he doesn't sell P4M every day.

So for those who hesitate, the product is really great. I use it with Agisoft and (once someone lends me a compatible iPad) the results are satisfactory. But yes plan for an iPad in your budget!
By the way, does anyone have a plan to get an inexpensive, compatible iPad? Because DJI systematically avoids this subject in our email exchanges.

Thank you DJI

2021-4-29
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just picked up a P4 MS expecting it to use the same RC as the P4R, only to find it comes with one more like the P4P, to be used w/ a mobile device (right, I did not do my research).

Then I find out that the MS wants an iPad to run GS Pro...

WHYYYYY DJI WHYYYY???!?!?!

Besides not having an integrated device (and being iOS-centric) the RC also lacks an SD card slot and external cendence-style battery.

Every time I think I've gotten over DJI's inconsistency/incompatibility/lack of logical product design, I run into a new thing like this. On the consumer product line, it is annoying but understandable. On the "Enterprise" side, it is inexcusable.

I guess I have some reading to do on this forum and elsewhere to find out if I can use this thing w/ an Android device. i reallyreallyreally don't want to be forced into an iPad just for this one A/C.
2021-6-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Anybody tried the P4R RC w/ the P4 MS?

Maybe I'll give that a shot next.
2021-6-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

patiam Posted at 6-16 19:27
Just picked up a P4 MS expecting it to use the same RC as the P4R, only to find it comes with one more like the P4P, to be used w/ a mobile device (right, I did not do my research).

Then I find out that the MS wants an iPad to run GS Pro...

Hi,
You can use it with UGCS on android. Just close your eyes when the app ask an IMU calibration or images transmission signal weak. It is still under devellopement. At least with this App the NTRIP connection is working. Better than nothing !

2021-6-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-18 05:42
Hi,
You can use it with UGCS on android. Just close your eyes when the app ask an IMU calibration or images transmission signal weak. It is still under devellopement. At least with this App the NTRIP connection is working. Better than nothing !

Thanks, @LV_Forestry! I'll look into it! Will be VERY happy not to be forced to get an iPad.
2021-6-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

patiam Posted at 6-17 15:34
Anybody tried the P4R RC w/ the P4 MS?

Maybe I'll give that a shot next.

(also posted in other "activation w/o iPad" thread)

P4R RC links to P4 MS, but does not see the activation (which I did in Assistant). Tried activating again (which uses a different GUI that looks to be agriculture-oriented), which hung after completion and then after an RC restart it appeared to recognize the activation, but going into fly mode seemed to put me in an interface more aimed at spraying than mapping. In any event I was not familiar with it and it didn't look like where I wanted to be, so I bailed.

Time to try UGCS, look for other Android apps that might work, or (*gasp*) get an iPad. So frustrating.
2021-6-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Hi, Do you have a positive experience with UGCS?
2021-9-16
Use props
Maulit.Almas
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Я из Казахстана, купили дрон Phantom 4 Multispectral, при запуске у нас ошибка с приложением DJIGS PRO, хотел создать тему в форме, но не работает
2021-12-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Maulit.Almas Posted at 12-22 21:45
Я из Казахстана, купили дрон Phantom 4 Multispectral, при запуске у нас ошибка с приложением DJIGS PRO, хотел создать тему в форме, но не работает

Привет, что ты имеешь в виду под темой?
2021-12-22
Use props
Maulit.Almas
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-22 22:05
Привет, что ты имеешь в виду под темой?

Ну мы купили дрон, но не можем запустить так как вылезает ошибка при запуске:
unable to take off. mission cannot be performed in your area, height limited(8012)
2021-12-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Maulit.Almas Posted at 12-22 22:23
Ну мы купили дрон, но не можем запустить так как вылезает ошибка при запуске:
unable to take off. mission cannot be performed in your area, height limited(8012)

Вы в безопасном месте?
https://www.dji.com/lv/flysafe/geo-map  Сменить страну
2021-12-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Или уменьшите высоту своей миссии. Скорее всего, ваша безопасная высота по умолчанию установлена на 120 м. Убедитесь в соблюдении правил и норм вашей страны в отношении дронов.
2021-12-22
Use props
Maulit.Almas
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-22 22:31
Или уменьшите высоту своей миссии. Скорее всего, ваша безопасная высота по умолчанию установлена на 120 м. Убедитесь в соблюдении правил и норм вашей страны в отношении дронов.

Я высоту уменьшил до 20 метров, все равно есть ошибка
2021-12-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Это странно ! В ручном режиме работает? Я имею в виду без запланированной миссии. В противном случае я могу только порекомендовать вам посетить вашего дилера.
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules