Focus like action cam
577 5 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc9bfea30
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I use the pocket 2 as an action cam to film mountain biking.
I have a problem with the autofocus which focuses continuously and we often get blurry images.
Fixed focus also gives me blurry images.
How to have a definitive adjustment with an infinite focus like the osmo action ?

Thanks
2021-4-28
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although my Pocket 2 is primarily used for still photos, the same issue focus exists. If the screen area requiring primary focus is not tapped, the image is often out of focus.
2021-4-28
Use props
vtt64.com
lvl.1
France

Thanks for you reply,
If I understand correctly, I have to switch to fixed focus mode and systematically tap on the screen on an infinite point? at that moment, i would have an action cam mode at the focus mode?
2021-4-28
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

when pro mode is on, you can choose focus mode: AFC and AFS.

choose AFS and tap to infinity. u will get a focus at infinity.
2021-4-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

But as it's not an infinity focus lens, if you focus on infinity, objects anywhere close to you will be out of focus.  The Pocket 2 is not an ideal choice for your purpose, I would have thought - a gimbal camera and an action camera are two very different devices.
2021-4-30
Use props
vtt64.com
lvl.1
France

I use the Fimi palm 1 & 2 for my videos, I have no focus problem.
The pocket 2 is much better in image quality but I would really like to be able to configure this focus as an action camera or like the Fimi.
I did a test with the focus in AFS mode and tapping on the screen infinity, it seems to work, I did not notice any blurry object in the foreground.
The problem is that you have to repeat the operation each time you switch it on.
2021-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules