Mavic mini III
1254 14 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1121230 ft
South Africa

DJI should make a mavic mini 3, and offer trade-ins on the mini one. I feel so left out. Mavic mini users are dwindling - more and more folks switch to the 2. The resale value on the 1, is getting ridiculously low - the plan was originally to sell my mini and buy something better, but that ship has sailed...

Mr. Dji.. I really like your product, I will continue to record, edit and post my fun footage on social media platforms because no matter what #ilovemymavicmini.

2021-4-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Trade up exists for the mini 1, it's value? $75 last i checked, so even if you only made 150 selling it's still better then DJI's own offer.

On ebay if i sort "Sold" for "Mavic Mini Drone Only" I see plenty of sales at 250+ for just the drone.  I myself will be listing my fly more combo soon, probably in the neighborhood of around 350.

2021-4-28
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-28 03:33
Trade up exists for the mini 1, it's value? $75 last i checked, so even if you only made 150 selling it's still better then DJI's own offer.

On ebay if i sort "Sold" for "Mavic Mini Drone Only" I see plenty of sales at 250+ for just the drone.  I myself will be listing my fly more combo soon, probably in the neighborhood of around 350.

At amaz.... a brand new FMC is at EURO 399, so it will be difficult for you
At 350, I would sell my FMC immediately
2021-4-28
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am never going to trade my Mini in! What others do is none of my business. Does its job terrifically well for what I expected.

Applying the same policy in every bit of tech I own: Smartphone from 2014 (not the one connecting w/ RC) or my Workstation (built 2007), or my laptop (2016). As long as something I buy is still fit for the purpose I originally bought it for it is still good to stay and go. I need very compelling reasons to upgrade which for me aren't at all tied to general consensus or fashion trends.
2021-4-28
Use props
Area 8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173681 ft
United States

Dji I whipping the upgrades out so fast that the value plummets quickIy. I bought my Mavic air 2 and two weeks later the Air 2S came out. Instantly Air 2's were showing up used at great prices. I'm in your boat but the Air 2 is awesome!
2021-4-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see many used Mini's on eBay for under $300 for the whole kit. That is what I paid a year ago for my second one. I think that is actually holding price well.
2021-4-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there #ilovemymavic. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products and with DJI's future drones. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-4-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

UweE Posted at 4-28 03:39
At amaz.... a brand new FMC is at EURO 399, so it will be difficult for you
At 350, I would sell my FMC immediately

399 Euro is 484 Usd, on ebay I see $330 with $10 shipping or $350 free shipping, various conditions/accessories. Ebay also raised it's fee's to 12.5% so you lose even more money the cheaper you list, I still think 350 is doable.

FMC with a brand new controller(Old controller battery died), some extra bits for the controller and drone but these don't really add value but I will include it, I still have the original box and never used the Cage.

I love my mini, I just don't fly it anymore and when I would want to the wind doesn't make it suitable. I also am not a fan of Remote ID and will be my exit of the drone scene for a while.
2021-4-28
Use props
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
South Africa

GaryDoug Posted at 4-28 19:14
I don't see many used Mini's on eBay for under $300 for the whole kit. That is what I paid a year ago for my second one. I think that is actually holding price well.

OK, but.. in MY situation.. Ebay is non existant here. The shipping charges are sometimes more tan the product.  $300? Thats roughly ZAR 4500. On par with the R4999 adverts for a refurb FMC going around lately, BUT a few months ago I paid R7500 second hand for mine, the first owner paid R12500. That is genuinely what they went for! now the 2 goes for that price! So If I sell mine... I might get $300 for it, but the 2 goes for almost three times that here.. The air 2s goes for around $1925 here..
The idea was to buy and sell a few, add a little dough and climb that ladder, have a good few drones in 5-10 years time. Not like this..
2021-4-30
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

I have 2 mini's here with me which I want to sell to get a used Air 2. Air 2S is still way above my budget, maybe next year.
I bought both of mine on Ebay. First one was a new replacement which I got for $285 complete (not FMC), and the second one was a crashed unit I got for $102 (got it with case, guards, charge brick, spare props). Had bought spare batteries before so only needed a controller (Ebay) and replacement arm (Amazon). I also bought bunch of accessories (ND filters, lens hood, case, 16 props, prop holder with lanyard, DJI battery charging hub) for the first one plus Care Refresh (2 months old). So whoever buys this one won't need anything else. I hope I can sell both for enough to buy 1 used Air 2.
2021-4-30
Use props
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
South Africa

doglaboi Posted at 4-30 03:20
I have 2 mini's here with me which I want to sell to get a used Air 2. Air 2S is still way above my budget, maybe next year.
I bought both of mine on Ebay. First one was a new replacement which I got for $285 complete (not FMC), and the second one was a crashed unit I got for $102 (got it with case, guards, charge brick, spare props). Had bought spare batteries before so only needed a controller (Ebay) and replacement arm (Amazon). I also bought bunch of accessories (ND filters, lens hood, case, 16 props, prop holder with lanyard, DJI battery charging hub) for the first one plus Care Refresh (2 months old). So whoever buys this one won't need anything else. I hope I can sell both for enough to buy 1 used Air 2.

Good luck man!
2021-4-30
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

i also like to see the MM3 .
2021-4-30
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

Thanx bud....

They got sold a few hours ago after I posted them on my whatsapp status. Sold the crashed mini for $250 and the mint mini for $424 (with lots of extra's which I won't be needing anymore anyways) and I just won a mint Mavic Air 2 with case and ND filters for $570 on Ebay.
Tell me if that isn't a good deal....
2021-4-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

#ilovemymavic Posted at 4-30 00:12
OK, but.. in MY situation.. Ebay is non existant here. The shipping charges are sometimes more tan the product.  $300? Thats roughly ZAR 4500. On par with the R4999 adverts for a refurb FMC going around lately, BUT a few months ago I paid R7500 second hand for mine, the first owner paid R12500. That is genuinely what they went for! now the 2 goes for that price! So If I sell mine... I might get $300 for it, but the 2 goes for almost three times that here.. The air 2s goes for around $1925 here..
The idea was to buy and sell a few, add a little dough and climb that ladder, have a good few drones in 5-10 years time. Not like this..

Well, I would assume the prices for a user in Antarctica would be even more excessive, even for a loaf of bread.....or apples and oranges.
2021-4-30
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Mini 1 is great to keep if you can avoid the flexible arm prop strike issue. Many don't report. But if you do it is best to modify mini by replacing sponge arm insert with a 3D printed rigid piece. DJI implemented that for Mini 2 and there are no more reports on prop strikes. Method here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4102555

That said I attempted to sell last month and I got offers as high as 600 aud there for my like new combo which goes 799 brand new. I think it is not too bad at all. Just don't budge to low ballers. A lot of low ballers only when I sell drone for some reason.

2021-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules