Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Onboard video shuts off if you lose connection. WTF
561 6 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

I have my video set to auto-record on both Goggles and Drone.  If I fly and lose video connection, when it Emergency RTH's it stops recording on both the Goggles and the Drone.  It also does not even auto-start again when it comes back and re-gains connection.  
DJI please fix this.  No way the drone should stop recording if it loses connection to the goggles or transmitter.   

2021-4-28
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm with you 100%. I missed quite a bit of video because I didn't notice. Really annoying.
2021-4-28
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

So you would like it to record the RTH? When either connection is lost, it’s coming home. Why do you want that recorded?
2021-4-28
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Just don't lose your video ... is it that hard ...? As long as you know the limitation it should not be that bad, should it ...?
2021-4-28
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-28 13:05
So you would like it to record the RTH? When either connection is lost, it’s coming home. Why do you want that recorded?

In case something happens. To be able to verify its behavior.  So I don't have to remember to start recording again when it comes back in range.  Tons of reasons.  Why would you not want to record?  It can record over 6 hours with the 512GB card I have.  Extra 30 seconds of RTH video isn't a concern.  
2021-4-28
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

For what it's worth, I think this is only a problem when you have it set to auto start.
I agree, it would be great if DJI would fix this issue.

Personally, I'd really like a recording of the time the transmitted video cut out. A recording is the only way I'll every get a chance to see what the camera saw during this interval. How else are we ever going to identify the UFOs which are jamming our video signal? (Yes, I'm joking about the UFOs.)
2021-4-28
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

tomekyo Posted at 4-28 13:09
Just don't lose your video ... is it that hard ...? As long as you know the limitation it should not be that bad, should it ...?

When I'm flying in S mode at 60+ mph, I can go from full signal to RTH within just a couple of seconds.  And the range at which my system goes into RTH mode can easily be over a mile different from day to day flying on the same path.

So yes .. "it is that hard"  
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules