Where you will stick the license plate of your drone?
1280 8 2021-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Where you will stick the license plate of your drone?
2021-4-29
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

I bought some postage stamp sized stickers with my #s (reg & Phone). Put them on the underside of the rear arms.
2021-4-29
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

First of all thanks for your answer. Are there no antennas in the arms? Perhaps the compass could also be in one arm? Believe DJI has used this as a position time and again in the past. This must be far away from metal objects.
I am considering sticking it to the lid of the SD card slot. What do you all mean?
2021-4-29
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

I don’t believe there are antennae in the arms, but I could be wrong. Additionally, plastic stickers (non metallic) shouldn’t affect signal transmission any more than the plastic of the arms already does... which is pretty much zero.
2021-4-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Buster1 Posted at 4-29 04:17
I don’t believe there are antennae in the arms, but I could be wrong. Additionally, plastic stickers (non metallic) shouldn’t affect signal transmission any more than the plastic of the arms already does... which is pretty much zero.

You're right!
There ist no need for metal plates anymore!!!
2021-4-29
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-29 04:17

"I don’t believe there are antennae in the arms, but I could be wrong."

Each arm of the drone has an antenna. The front arm's antennas are in the landing legs but the arms must have the antenna located inside the plastic arm. I haven't seen photos of these antenna yet.

At 4:52 of the video linked below, you can see the wires which exit one of the rear arms. One of the wires is very obviously the kind used with antenna.

As you say, if the tag is plastic, it shouldn't interfere much with the antenna.
2021-4-29
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
United States

I stand corrected. So there are antennae in the arms!? What do they do?
2021-4-29
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buster1 Posted at 4-29 10:38
I stand corrected. So there are antennae in the arms!? What do they do?

There are at least six antenna on the FPV drone.

Apparently the drone communicates with both the controller and the goggles. The details of this communication is still a mystery to me.

I imagine some antenna work best at certain orientations. I think the multiple antenna increase the chance at least one will be oriented correctly for a good signal. I think the control and video systems use separate antenna but I'm just guessing about this.

For what it's worth, the controller has two antennas. One in the base of the plastic antenna enclosure and one in the right side of the "T". The left side of the "T" antenna enclosure is cosmetic. There's not a functional antenna in the left side.
2021-4-29
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

So the front legs contain the antennas but those are located in the very end in the landing thingies... this means you can stick anything you want on the arms because there are not active elements of antennas in them, only the coaxial cable carrying the signal to the antennas ...
2021-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules