RavenEye Issues
1430 4 2021-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
totalvamp
lvl.1
Japan

Like many others I have massive RavenEye (RE) issues.

I tested it with 5 devices:
  • Samsung S20 FE says it's connected to RE, but RE shows blue LED, going into the camera view just shows a black screen
  • Samsung Note 9, connects to the RE, but has crazy delays on the video, from 0.5s to 2s. Direct phone control works well though.
  • Iphone X, connected instantly and worked well, used it to actually update firmwares as both above gave no option to do so.
  • Bluestacks VM for Android, Same issue as the S20, can connect to RE and says it's connected, but won't show any video and just a black screen. Led remains blue
  • iPad Mini 2 (2013) Works ok, is a bit laggy because it's old

Basically all android devices are unusable with the Ronin App and RE together, while Apple devices work well.

Problems:

• Can't update firmware via the Android App, RE shows up as N/A and unable to select or choose a firmware version
  • Can't change WIFI to 5Ghz, the RE is stuck in 2,4Ghz
  • Massive lag, the 1 android device that did work has massive lag making it unusable
  • Having to update outside the Play Store
  • Messages showing up in the wrong language, so you are unable to understand what the issue is

It feels like the android version is so much worse than the IOS version

2021-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you any unsatisfied experience on the RavenEye. Your feedbacks will be sent to our engineer for further check.
Also, you mentioned one Android device which worked but it come with the massive lag, could you please tell us which phone model was that?

Thanks
2021-5-7
Use props
totalvamp
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-7 01:40
Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you any unsatisfied experience on the RavenEye. Your feedbacks will be sent to our engineer for further check.
Also, you mentioned one Android device which worked but it come with the massive lag, could you please tell us which phone model was that?

only the Note 9 works, but it has a lot of delays
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

totalvamp Posted at 5-7 08:51
only the Note 9 works, but it has a lot of delays

Thank you for letting us know, we have sent this to our R&D team and software team to check. And could you please also send us the screenshot of the language error? We will let the copy team to follow up, thanks!
2021-5-7
Use props
fansb79bc9f6
New

Bulgaria

Hello DJI,

I am writing to report a RavenEye Samsung S20 phone compatibility issue.
My Samsung S20 phone successfully connects to RavenEye but the DJI Ronin app shows a black screen and nothing seems to be functioning.

I have already purchased a Canon 90D camera to be compatible with RavenEye. The 70D wasn't.
I don't want to purchase another phone.
I haven't seen any phone compatibility warning anywhere in the product description.

I ordered the DJI RSC2 because of the Active tracking function of RavenEye. Now both the devices are useless to me.

Please, investigate the issues and let me know how to proceed.

Kind regards,
S.

Edit: The Google play version of the app used to work with Samsung S20, so it could be a matter of software.
Is it possible to provide a hot fix, please?

2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules