Off on a trip
425 6 2021-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

Headed out of state to see my son and his family. Will be taking the MM on board as a carry on, we'll see how that goes. Couldn't get a straight answer from United Airlines customer service regarding taking the LiPo batteries aboard, and I was on the phone, (on hold and waiting), for over an hour. Their customer service sucks. I hope this is not an issue. A third party site claims that taking as a carry on is the only way it's alowed and that United is good with the me bringing it and the size and quantity os batteries.
2021-4-30
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Made it right through security with no problem. Told them I had it, they asked where I fly, and that was it. I never did answer her question.
2021-4-30
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

No need to call the airline, a quick search for "united airlines lithium batteries" would have taken you to their Dangerous Items page, where they explain in details what you can and cannot do. In general, lithium batteries must be below a certain capacity (160Wh) and must stay with you in the cabin. If you're travelling internationally, check the local rules and regulations as in some countries recreational use of drones is prohibited.
2021-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dark Horse. Thanks for reaching out! You can also check this link for some information regarding Airline Regulations for Battery Transportations: https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines
2021-4-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 4-30 11:22
Made it right through security with no problem. Told them I had it, they asked where I fly, and that was it. I never did answer her question.

Great, glad you had no problems.  
2021-5-3
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 04:41
Great, glad you had no problems.

Thanks buddy!
2021-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.    Have a great week.
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules