Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone control for disabled users
283 0 4-30 08:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thalon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49012 ft
Germany

Hello everyone!

I don't know if I'm exactly right on this forum, because my question is a bit technical and special. But I'll try it here anyway, if in doubt there might be a hint about where I can find something else.

I have been the proud owner of a DJI Mini 2 since December and have already made the first flights. However, I am physically disabled and therefore cannot use my hands to operate the joysticks on the remote control. I. E. Unfortunately, at the moment I can only use the drone together with my girlfriend. She then operates the joystick for me.

Is there perhaps the possibility of somehow controlling the drone differently? For example, I can operate my smartphone completely by myself and I can also control my PC alone.

Since the smartphone is connected to the remote control anyway, I thought there might be a way to send commands from the smartphone to control the joysticks to the remote control, which are then passed on to the drone via the remote control.

I also read that the protocol is open source. Maybe there is a way to hook one here. Another option would be to use an SDK, if this makes operation possible.

I am a computer scientist myself and have some programming knowledge, so that I could program such a tool myself if the interfaces for it are available.
Of course, I could also just build a piece of hardware into which the remote control is clamped and which moves the joysticks via motors. But that would be the mallet method and maybe it is more elegant.

I would be very happy about any help and advice!

Lovely wishes

4-30 08:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules