Manual flight during planned mission with DJI Smart Controller
1429 0 2021-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone_on_and_on
lvl.2
United States

I just purchased a Phantom 4 RTK and I am new to the Smart Controller, I have used an iPad with Grounstation Pro for a number of years. I fly a ton of automated mapping missions, and I am wondering what the easiest way to pause a mapping mission and switch to manual flight is.

Let's say I am flying a planned mission and I see a low altitude plane approaching in the distance, with Groundstation all I had to do was press Pause and I could immediately take manual control. When I've tried this on the Smart Controller, it does not allow me to take manual control in the Plan app. Seemingly I have to press pause, cancel mission, confirm, back to main menu, and then go into the Fly app. The process takes about 10+ seconds which isn't great for emergency avoidance, and when I go back into the Plan app, the mission that I had paused in the hopes of continuing wants to start over rather than pick up where it left off.

Any tips on quickly switching between automated/manual flight on-the-fly with the Smart Controller? And continuing the planned mission from the last point once I am done with manual control? Thank you!
2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules