Propellers showing in video.
3218 8 2021-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

Is anyone having this issue? I saw a youtube video where a guy had this, and he changed the shooting mode to turn off obstacle avoidance and apparently it made it better. I think it was flying fast and the tilt meant the props showed, but surely this shouldn't be happening as people should be able to fly fast without issue, right?

2021-4-30
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes showing in mine at quite low speeds 30kmh or so with gimbal in zero position. A little concerning. Also most visible when using the Mastershots mode, as to do the circle shots safely the gimbal I noticed pans hard left or right while filming (while the drone flys at a 45 degree angle - so it uses it's front sensors for obstacles), obviously then capturing some of the props in shot
2021-4-30
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, depending on the movement of the drone relative to the camera they appear, specially when looking upwards.

I'd expect some improvement in future updates, Air2S has a quite wide angle lens so needs a bit of fine tuning.
2021-4-30
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-30 12:24
Yep, depending on the movement of the drone relative to the camera they appear, specially when looking upwards.

I'd expect some improvement in future updates, Air2S has a quite wide angle lens so needs a bit of fine tuning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't altering the wide angle reduce the resolution? So it wouldn't be 5.4k any more?

Also do you know how much they show and in what situations? I haven't got one yet, I want one, but unsure about it. Massive oversight on DJI's part. I don't use sports mode a lot but need it for when I'm doing quick overflies in slowmotion.
2021-4-30
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

b9y Posted at 4-30 13:55
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't altering the wide angle reduce the resolution? So it wouldn't be 5.4k any more?

Also do you know how much they show and in what situations? I haven't got one yet, I want one, but unsure about it. Massive oversight on DJI's part. I don't use sports mode a lot but need it for when I'm doing quick overflies in slowmotion.

Sorry, what I tried to say is that the'll probably modify the gimball movement settings to help the props stay out of frame.

I see how being such a wide angle lens it's harder to set the gimball correctly for all the situations.

You usually see them on the upper left or right corners of the frame when going fast, looking upwards and turning at the same time. But if there's enough wind for the drone to tilt you'll probably see them too.

I'ts not a massive thing, but you can definetely see the tip of the props in some situations, but I expect they'll solve it in the upcoming updates.
2021-4-30
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

b9y Posted at 4-30 13:55

Also do you know how much they show and in what situations? I haven't got one yet, I want one, but unsure about it. Massive oversight on DJI's part. I don't use sports mode a lot but need it for when I'm doing quick overflies in slowmotion.

From What I've seen It is only showing up while performing the "Master shots" with the "Obstacle Avoidance" setting on in the options for that mode...Apparently, the tilt of the drone is increased to incorporate the new "upper/forward" sensors during that operation which aggravates the angle and that gets the props.
2021-4-30
Use props
fans0f7289ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211191 ft
Australia

I have a DJI FPV and all my videos have the propellers in them , how do I fix this some say if you turn the auto avoidance thing off but why have it if u can’t use it . All the other videos I have seen don’t have them in it
2021-5-13
Use props
WaddyUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49449 ft
United Kingdom

Will there be a firmware upgrade to stop props featuring in videos on the DJI Air 2s?
2021-5-18
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

I noticed that in the very 1st video that was released on You Tube. Staying with my air 2 !
2021-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules