Neightbor warning about flying over his property.
4910 44 2015-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought since I started this thread, I'd give you an up-date on my neighbor. There is nothing to report.
I flew yesterday with my visiting brother to show him how much fun it was, and the neighbor's wife was puttering next to my property line. I stayed off the air space above his property, and landed on my deck, and heard no comment.
As far as pictures are concerned, if you take photos of an adult lollygagging naked by the pool, from 60 feet or so, you have that right. It is the same right you have to take a picture of the front of his house. Naked or not.
If you then use those photos in any way that makes them public, you are in for trouble. That is invasion of privacy in the court cases I have heard about. In New York city a guy was flying his drone up and down the high-rise condos, and he was taking pictures thru the windows of celebrity's living rooms. He was arrested and the charges were dismissed, because he never made the pictures public. That is why when you visit a celebrity's high-rise condo, there are curtains blocking the windows.
Lastly, if a neighbor wants to be a bully, so be it, but you don't ever take your marbles and go home. Stand up for your rights and HIS, no matter his beef. BUT be sure you know your rights, to be safe.
I am not a lawyer and proud of it.
That's my stance.  
2015-7-21
Use props
fritz
lvl.2

United States

Colorado68 Posted at 2015-7-18 05:36
If any of my neighbors asked me not to fly over their property I'd grant their request.
While we ha ...

Totally agree. I value my privacy and respect that others want their privacy. If they are not being confrontational or a jerk I wouldn't argue about it. I might consider getting an IR camera and flying at night to see what they were really up to :-)
2015-7-21
Use props
mhertenberger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

My take would be to respect an individual's right to privacy. This story is rather interesting, though (quote below, full text here http://gizmodo.com/is-it-ok-to-s ... rs-drone-1718055028)

But in the eyes of the law, a drone is a full-fledged aircraft, and deserves the same kind of respect. Here’s what federal law (18 USC § 32) has to say:

(a) Whoever willfully—

(1) sets fire to, damages, destroys, disables, or wrecks any aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States or any civil aircraft used, operated, or employed in interstate, overseas, or foreign air commerce;

...shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years or both.
What does that mean for you? If you attempt to gun down a flying robot, you could face those two decades in the slammer, and/or a fine of up to a quarter of a million dollars. So, legally speaking, shooting a drone could be the same as trying to damage a chopper or a 747. “Aircraft” is a pretty sweeping definition, it turns out, and it could work in drones’ favor.

“This applies even if a drone is hovering over your backyard,” says Sachs. “According to the FAA, it controls all airspace from the blades of the grass up. However, even if you did own X feet above your property, you would not be permitted to shoot a drone that flies within that space because shooting any aircraft is a federal crime.”
2015-7-23
Use props
zigmono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11457 ft
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-7-22 09:40
I thought since I started this thread, I'd give you an up-date on my neighbor. There is nothing to r ...

Unless I lived on an acreage I'd choose not to fly regularly off my property. I may have the right, but it's more important to me to be a considerate neighbor.  BTW, I get along with my neighbors very well -- we call it community.
2015-7-23
Use props
austin
lvl.2

United States

My neighbor saw me flying my drone and ask me.......is that a drone? I told him no, it is just a phantom
2015-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules