Air 2s and Premiere
2959 14 2021-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
innoma
lvl.3
United States

If I record 10-bit 5.4k DLog video, I end up with problems when rendering in Adobe Premiere. While the clips play fine inside Premiere, once they are rendered, on playback only the first frame is displayed throughout the sequence (as if it's a still, non-moving image). Other clips shot at normal, non-10-bit 4k both play and render correctly (to note, the 5.4k files are scaled to fit in a 4k timeline in Premiere).
I tried doing the same rendering on other computers (with Adobe Premiere), but the results are either the same or exhibit very long render times. Is there some issue with these 10-bit h.265 files and Premiere? Anyone else have the same problem?

2021-4-30
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

In case anyone is interested, 4k h.265 10-bit HLG files in MOV format renders without problems in Premiere. I can get 5.4k files to render if I disable hardware acceleration, but of course, that takes forever to render.
So far it seems more of an issue with Premiere/GPU than anything with the DJI files. I'll need to test other resolutions and formats to get a better idea.
2021-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It is probably that your player cannot play  higher then 4K
2021-5-1
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

Suren Posted at 5-1 13:45

To date, no player has played the resulting file correctly, and I've tried quite a few!
2021-5-2
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

Suren Posted at 5-1 13:45

To date, no player has played the resulting file correctly, and I've tried quite a few!
2021-5-2
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Happy to try on my system for you. Could you provide some clips?
2021-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

innoma Posted at 5-2 07:32

I play the 5.4K footage on my Mac straight from the SD card no issues
2021-5-2
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

innoma Posted at 5-2 07:32

POT PLAYER...if not working, check if you have registered properly Premiere as H265 will give you errors if is not registered.
2021-5-2
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

I updated the video card drivers on the computer, and once I re-rendered the 5.4k files from Premiere, they now play as expected. Guess I should have started there!

Thanks for all the replies.
2021-5-11
Use props
innoma
lvl.3
United States

I updated the video card drivers on the computer, and once I re-rendered the 5.4k files from Premiere, they now play as expected. Guess I should have started there!

Thanks for all the replies.
2021-5-11
Use props
ShotByGenaro
New

United Kingdom

i have this exact problem right now
2022-5-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

I render (hardware acellerated)  my 10 bit Air 2S videos in Adobe Premiere and i have no issues at all. And they all playback fine.
The problem sometimes its not the players, you need a very capable computer to play this files, they seem to need an insane amount of processing power to playback correctly.  Do you have your video drivers updated?
2022-5-21
Use props
ShotByGenaro
New

United Kingdom

like the playback (Source) plays smoothly like how it should be but when actually on the Timeline and playing on the Program monitor it does the choppy thing.

My Specs

RTX 3080 12GB Ram
Driver version 512.59
I9-10900K @3.70GHz
64GB Ram

lol this is a beast set up and should be able to handle it unless im wrong?
2022-5-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

ShotByGenaro Posted at 5-21 13:37
like the playback (Source) plays smoothly like how it should be but when actually on the Timeline and playing on the Program monitor it does the choppy thing.

My Specs

Thats more than enough
2022-5-21
Use props
ShotByGenaro
New

United Kingdom

Exactly lol i dont understand
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now