6845 14 2021-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jet_Nix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 372379 ft
Estonia

Hello!
My DJI Fly app keeps crashing after I take around 18-20 photos.
I'm using a DJI Mini 2 drone and Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone. Everything is updated to the latest firmware.

What is causing that? It's kinda scary when you see the screen freeze and the app restarts. Especially when your drone is moving.

To avoid accidents I only make photos when the drone is fully stopped. It also happened once when I was recording a video but I couldn't recreate that at home. So I also decided that before stopping the video recording it's better to stop the drone first for safety reasons, because once the screen freezes and the video completely cuts you have a small amout of time to locate your drone in the sky.

Here's how it looks:

2021-5-1
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I have the A71 as well and the Fly app crashed on me a couple of times back in September of 2020. But since then no more crashes, probably fixed in subsequent Fly app releases. Just make sure you have the setting shown in the first part of the video set and don't panic when the screen goes dark. The aircraft and RC will function normally with or without the Fly app running. If this is the only condition in which the crash occurs, then at least you are prepared for it and just tlet the app restart and connect the the live feed in 9 secs. Maybe in the next release the crash will no longer occur.

2021-5-1
Use props
Jet_Nix
lvl.1
Estonia

Pappy3 Posted at 5-1 06:47
I have the A71 as well and the Fly app crashed on me a couple of times back in September of 2020. But since then no more crashes, probably fixed in subsequent Fly app releases. Just make sure you have the setting shown in the first part of the video set and don't panic when the screen goes dark. The aircraft and RC will function normally with or without the Fly app running. If this is the only condition in which the crash occurs, then at least you are prepared for it and just tlet the app restart and connect the the live feed in 9 secs. Maybe in the next release the crash will no longer occur.
https://youtu.be/FYpi2_WME4Q

Yeah, I got that set to ON too.
I don't panic anymore. The first time it was really scary. X)
I kinda got used to it at the moment but it is still very annoying. I know that the drone will not fall from the sky. It's the safety feature that it has incase of signal loss or controller\ smartphone battery depletion.
2021-5-1
Use props
donmusico
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1077910 ft
Poland

I've got the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy s21 and samsung galaxy s10 which i connected to RC to check if this is problem with smartphone or problem with app. It seems like it is problem with app cause it happens on ech one smartphone which I mentioned. I've got this setting set on and i've even cleared the cache memmory of app
2021-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jet_Nix. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the issue you're experiencing.  We suggest checking whether your DJI Fly is running the latest version. For Android devices, you can download the latest version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If there are other applications running on your phone's background while the DJI Fly is running, we suggest that you temporarily close them.
2021-5-2
Use props
Jet_Nix
lvl.1
Estonia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 03:00
Hi, Jet_Nix. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the issue you're experiencing.  We suggest checking whether your DJI Fly is running the latest version. For Android devices, you can download the latest version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If there are other applications running on your phone's background while the DJI Fly is running, we suggest that you temporarily close them.

Hello!
My Fly app is latest version and no other apps are open during its use.
Today I thought that maybe the issue is with the photos and videos being transferred to the smartphone during flight. I disabled the 'Auto Sync HD Photos' and... looks like the app is not crashing anymore.

Here's a video. At first I'm taking pictures with the 'Auto Sync HD Photos' OFF and it's fine, but when I turn on the 'Auto Sync HD Photos' the app crashes. =(
2021-5-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm on iOS and so far had zero issues.
2021-5-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Jet_Nix: you saved my life!
I used Go4 with Mavic Air since 2 years without any freeze or app restart.
Now i bought a Mini2 and installed Fly app to the same phone (Galaxy S6)
As i tested picture quality in my room, after a few shot, app restarted.

I hope disable syncing will solve my issue too!

Thank you again!
2021-5-10
Use props
Jet_Nix
lvl.1
Estonia

relaxosmo Posted at 5-10 10:54
Jet_Nix: you saved my life!
I used Go4 with Mavic Air since 2 years without any freeze or app restart.
Now i bought a Mini2 and installed Fly app to the same phone (Galaxy S6)

I'm glad I could help! After changing the settings I had one flight and my app didn't restart. =)

2021-5-10
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Jet_Nix Posted at 5-2 06:57
Hello!
Today I thought that maybe the issue is with the photos and videos being transferred to the smartphone during flight. I disabled the 'Auto Sync HD Photos' and... looks like the app is not crashing anymore.

Thanks for that!  I also have the A71 and the problem with Fly crashing from time to time.  I've just become used to it but I've now turned of the 'Auto Sync HD Photos' so will see if that's sorted it over the next few flights.
2021-6-24
Use props
TC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330151 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Jet_Nix Posted at 5-2 06:57
Hello!

Very good to know about your solution. I will try this solution on the next flight. Since I bought the Mini2 it always had this problem you reported. My problem is with the DJI Fly app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10. All with the operating system and firmware updated and the cell phone without another app running in the background. I had a Dji Mini that used this same app, Dji Fly, with this same cell phone, S10, and there was no problem. Was migrating to Dji Mini2 and this problem started to happen. The app keeps closing and sometimes takes a while to come back, forcing the RTH command. I bought a cable connecting the RC to the Cell Phone, but the problem continued. My fear is the point of RTH changing during this app crash. Hope the DJ solves this.
2021-8-17
Use props
djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9614318 ft
United States

It's horrible for me. And dangerous for anyone.

My original Air 2s it never happened.
I had to use my care refresh and the FREQUENT app issues began when I received my refurbished drone.

After troubleshooting with support, the drone had a mild crash due to in flying in P Mode, despite being set to C.

Got a 2nd refurbished drone, despite having paid for a repair of the last one, the issue persists.

It continues to put itself in normal mode, despite the remote being set to cinema.
It changes itself to FPV mode.
It turns off sideways flight all on its own.
The compass stops reading even though it appears to spin.
The altitude stops reporting and stays locks at the last reported height.
The distance stops reporting and locks at the last reported distance.
I more often have to force close the app and then restart it myself.

I fly the Air 2 as well. I bought a refurb air 2 and so far the app hasn't had one issue while I fly it.
Screenshot_20210813-195509_Video Player.jpg
2021-8-19
Use props
Jet_Nix
lvl.1
Estonia

TC2 Posted at 8-17 05:06
Very good to know about your solution. I will try this solution on the next flight. Since I bought the Mini2 it always had this problem you reported. My problem is with the DJI Fly app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10. All with the operating system and firmware updated and the cell phone without another app running in the background. I had a Dji Mini that used this same app, Dji Fly, with this same cell phone, S10, and there was no problem. Was migrating to Dji Mini2 and this problem started to happen. The app keeps closing and sometimes takes a while to come back, forcing the RTH command. I bought a cable connecting the RC to the Cell Phone, but the problem continued. My fear is the point of RTH changing during this app crash. Hope the DJ solves this.

Huh, it shouldn't force RTH. The drone can fly without the smartphone... but maybe there's something I don't know. Maybe there's a limit on distance when RTH will be forced.
Anyways, the app is still crashing. I just turned on the photo sync to check if the problem was fixed... nope. Will keep it turned off. =(
2021-8-20
Use props
TC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330151 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I did the procedure not to enable 'Auto Sync HD Photos', but the problem remains. About 95% of the flights with the MINI2 happened both the problem of the app Dji FLy closing and returning, as the loss of signal with the drone (the RC lights are blinking). It always happens at the beginning of the flight, and the drone can be very close or far from the RC. I had a MINI until the month of May 2021 and that never happened with it, even though it was the same DJi Fly app and the same cell phone, a Samsung Galaxy S10. I think it's a serious problem because I can either lose the drone or cause an accident. It's been a couple of weeks since I communicated with Dji's assistance. I sent LOG and FlightRecord, but so far no solution. I was asked to change the phone but I don't think this is an option because the MINI2 was sold as Android compatible.
2021-8-25
Use props
avereza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11516381 ft

Brazil

I have the A51 as well and the Fly app keeps freezing, I've tried to disable syncing but no good...
This never happened before firmware [color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]v01.00.0511 update .
I regret to update to this latest version... if I olny knew that was happening I wouldn't have done it.
I thought strange it was not available on Google store and did it anyway straight from DJI web page, damn it.
Now I´m using Red Waypoint to fly because I lost confidence on the app...

2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules