Things to watch out for with a scuffed/marked refurbished unit?
569 4 2021-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snazzius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53219 ft
Australia

Hi there,

I just opened up my replacement drone and I'm pretty sure it's a refurb as it's covered in scratches, scuffs, marks and stains. I didn't mind the idea of getting a refurb as I thought it'd be 'as new' - seeing how damaged the body is I'm a bit worried. Does anyone have any experience with refurb'd units and should I be concerned/is there anything I should watch out for?

I've emailed DJI with photos but not expecting a reply really.

Thanks for any advice!

2021-5-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Isn't that against the actual definition of "refurbishing"? I cannot imagine external plastics costing a lot, I would expect them to be replaced in a refurb unit, especially when there is obvious cosmetic damage.
2021-5-1
Use props
snazzius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53219 ft
Australia

CemAygun Posted at 5-1 15:58
Isn't that against the actual definition of "refurbishing"? I cannot imagine external plastics costing a lot, I would expect them to be replaced in a refurb unit, especially when there is obvious cosmetic damage.

That's what I thought - the drone I sent off had a pretty pristine body (though I fully didn't expect to get the same body back!), was hoping I'd get the same calibre of product back.
2021-5-1
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

snazzius Posted at 5-1 20:49
That's what I thought - the drone I sent off had a pretty pristine body (though I fully didn't expect to get the same body back!), was hoping I'd get the same calibre of product back.

I cannot agree more. I believe you should pursue this and demand an acceptable unit.
2021-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you dont get a response soon from them,  post in the service section,  the seem quick to respond over there.
2021-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules