8496 62 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Videografic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1117395 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Many People are still complaining about Camera Freezing while using the Combination RS2 and Canon C70. Moreover the same issue occasionally accurs with R5, R6, EOS R...
C70 totally freezes using the provided DJI Camera Connection Cable for Canon Cameras (regardless using Raven Eye or not).

After every Camera Freeze the you have to pull out the Camera Battery - obviously no good approach with a 5k € Cam.

DJI - this big Issue is known since 6 months!
We are not talking about a rare setup -  RS2 with C70 is most likely one of the most used Gimbal / Camera Combination.

In January DJI confirmed the issue (C70 has been removed from the RS2 compatibility List) and posted in this Forum: our engineers are working hard on this.
Additional statement from DJI: C70 is currently not compatible on the RS2 as the USB-C Cable is not supportive by this model - we are working on with the third party to make compatible cable to support the C70.

It is totally annoying to wait now for over 6 months to get my Gimbal / Camera Setup to work
-> Wanda and other DJI Representatives: By when can we expect this new Version of the Camera Connection Cable?
2021-5-2
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Could any DJI Official please comment on this?
2021-5-4
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I try it once more - please give us an update on this. Unfortunately I get the feeling that DII will not care about this. The issue is known for more than half a year. There are many Canon users out there facing this issue - meaning that no use of RS 2 is possible. Wasting money for nothing ...
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_7STBtawPhWuC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213543 ft
Australia

Same issue here. I'm using RS2 pro with the C70. The camera freezes as soon you press record from the gimbal. Tracking nearly works. With the subject stationery, the gimbal wiggles left and right. It is a PRO gear, it should work with pro-cameras first then with DSLRs and all the rest pocket mirrorless junk. Massive bump on this post.
2021-5-9
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_7STBtawPhWuC Posted at 5-9 00:04
Same issue here. I'm using RS2 pro with the C70. The camera freezes as soon you press record from the gimbal. Tracking nearly works. With the subject stationery, the gimbal wiggles left and right. It is a PRO gear, it should work with pro-cameras first then with DSLRs and all the rest pocket mirrorless junk. Massive bump on this post.

DJI: we are awaiting your statement !
2021-5-9
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_7STBtawPhWuC Posted at 5-9 00:04
Same issue here. I'm using RS2 pro with the C70. The camera freezes as soon you press record from the gimbal. Tracking nearly works. With the subject stationery, the gimbal wiggles left and right. It is a PRO gear, it should work with pro-cameras first then with DSLRs and all the rest pocket mirrorless junk. Massive bump on this post.

DJI: we are awaiting your Statement !
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_3G7yTjiMsbVd
New
Ireland

Yikes, my RS2 just shipped, I have a c70 and I'm only seeing this now. It doesn't seem to come up on YouTube anywhere. What a pain in the neck.
2021-5-10
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Obviously DJI will not give a statement. Unbelievable: DJI releases so many products but are not able to fix well known issues. They take our money and in case of issues nothing happens.
In Ronin RS2 Teasers they mention all the time the professional touch of the Ronin Series. On the other hand DJI acts like an Amateur as far as Customer Relationship is concerned.
Shame on DJI !!!!!!!!!!
2021-5-10
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Also frustrated by this, I've mentioned in another thread that I'm holding off buying the tethered handle as there's no point as the rs2 isn't compatible with my c70 (or c100 mk ii) so the handle would be pretty much useless.
2021-5-10
Use props
WonkyTripod
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi.

I'm getting freezes in stills mode on the Canon R5 and R6. They are not compatible with this gimbal. So far the video mode has always fired but I only have it a week.
One of the major uses for the gimbal was to do motion landscape timelapses and thats currently completely impossible.

How did this muck get past QA??

2021-5-15
Use props
Alurkoff
lvl.1
Australia

Bump it Bump it. Hope they will see it. Or they already know about it, and the engineer is working from home.
2021-5-23
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It seems to have gone quiet on a few threads from DJI on this and similar issues with other cameras which is concerning.

Does anyone know if there is or likely to be an extension handle released for the C70, one that you could mount on to the handle of the rs2 to control the record autofocus etc.? Not ideal as things like the RavenEye would still be useless (not even used mine yet because of all this) but would at least bring a bit more functionality to it
2021-5-24
Use props
OneSlip
lvl.1
Australia

Another bump. C70 still freezing. Need a fix ASAP.
2021-8-9
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I totally agree. Still no Comment from DJI. C70 still freezes.
2021-8-9
Use props
JONDRIVEBACK
lvl.1

United States

Just adding my voice to the thread. It would be great if the RS2 worked with the c70 like it should.
2021-8-22
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=248176
2021-8-22
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Indio Posted at 8-22 08:27
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=248176

There is NO hint in the release note about the Canon C70 issues
2021-8-22
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Videografic Posted at 8-22 09:25
There is NO hint in the release note about the Canon C70 issues

have you updated to the latest firmware and it still doesn't work?
2021-8-22
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Update done, but still no change, Issue is now nearly 10 month ago!
Why do you think that the issue should be solved now? No hint in this regard in the Release notes. It is totally frustrating, waste of Money !
By when can we expect this new Version of the Camera Connection Cable DJI was Talking about early 2021?

Please come back to us with a precise answer from your development Team.
2021-8-23
Use props
THS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43783 ft
  • >>>
United States

Again DJI... DOES THIS LATEST RS2 FW UPDATE SOLVE THE "FREEZING" ISSUE ON CANON C70 CAMERAS?????????????????
2021-8-25
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

THS Posted at 8-25 15:07
Again DJI... DOES THIS LATEST RS2 FW UPDATE SOLVE THE "FREEZING" ISSUE ON CANON C70 CAMERAS?????????????????

No.  Again DJI do not care about the Customer paying so much money for not only the Gimbal but also for all the additional Accessories for the RS2. C70 is still freezing...
2021-8-25
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI, any Update on this?
2021-8-27
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Indio: can you please give us your feedback?
2021-8-31
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Indio Posted at 8-22 22:52
have you updated to the latest firmware and it still doesn't work?

can you please give us your feedback?
2021-8-31
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Videografic Posted at 8-31 10:05

i use BMPCC with no issues and have no C70 - sorry
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_jT3b2IPPjVnL
lvl.1
United States

Videografic Posted at 8-31 10:05

Canon C70 firmware 1.0.1.1 (latest)
Plus
Ronin RS2 v01.04.00.20 (latest)
Works - can confirm no more lockups due to record button or use of focus wheel, etc. This was a major pain but seems to be fixed now with the mid August firmware update- and there is no mention of it either (no mention of C70 fix) in the notes.
2021-9-5
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_jT3b2IPPjVnL Posted at 9-5 22:03
Canon C70 firmware 1.0.1.1 (latest)
Plus
Ronin RS2 v01.04.00.20 (latest)

I'm on the same firmware for both, I still get the freeze issue if I half press the record button, although now the on screen functions are still useable but it locks out the buttons on the camera and I have to eject the battery to switch it off when this happens.

It works for the record function though as long as you don't half press by accident.
2021-9-7
Use props
THS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It works, as long as you don't start and stop recording too quickly... give each button press a moment before hitting it again.  Still---DJI BS!!!!!
2021-9-15
Use props
THS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CHECK THAT... THE LATEST FW UPDATE (AS OF 9/20/2021) STILL CAUSES THE C70 (WITH IT'S LATEST FW) TO FREEZE!!!!!!!  UGHHHHHHHHH DJI!!!!!!
2021-9-20
Use props
Flavio Saramin
lvl.1
Italy

What a shame, DJI!!!
2021-9-21
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI: by when do we get a fix for this issue? We are waiting for nearly 12 !!! Month - it is totally Customer unfriendly!

2021-9-21
Use props
aeronium
lvl.1

Singapore

Very unprofessional of DJI to not address this issue. The camera has been out for more than a year and the freezing problem persist.

I suggest everyone to contact DJI directly via email and tell them to ask their engineers to support the C70 with the RS2. Use this link to email DJI: https://www.dji.com/sg/support/product/rs-2

They might not keep track of issues on the forums.
2021-10-1
Use props
THS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TOTALLY DEAF EARS... F-ING A-HOLES!!!
JUST FIX THIS, DAMN IT!!!
2021-12-21
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

You are lucky
We - Sony FX6 users - have no interface at all for the RS2 and are waiting from the beginning
Guess they need someone at DJI with some skills to understand how to use the Sony SDK
2022-1-10
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

AdmBenson Posted at 1-10 18:16
You are lucky
We - Sony FX6 users - have no interface at all for the RS2 and are waiting from the beginning
Guess they need someone at DJI with some skills to understand how to use the Sony SDK

I don't think it's just DJI, because for example the zhiyun crane
doesn't support both the C70 and the sony FX series.
2022-1-11
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

RS2 and raveneye work very well on Sony Alpha A7SIII, i feel i'm lucky...
2022-1-11
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

Indio Posted at 1-11 00:43
I don't think it's just DJI, because for example the zhiyun crane
doesn't support both the C70 and the sony FX series.

I asked to Sony.
They answered that the SDK is available for the FX6 and that the issue is 100% at DJI
As for the A7xxx series, it's not the same platform.
2022-1-13
Use props
fans32ed3fa5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273228 ft
United States

Bump for exposure. I just bought both and am totally bummed the C70 doesn’t work.
2022-3-29
Use props
fans32ed3fa5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273228 ft
United States

Bump bump bump. I too bought a C70 and got the RS2 and realize that it’s not working. Why won’t they fix this already?
2022-3-29
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

fans32ed3fa5 Posted at 3-29 19:51
Bump bump bump. I too bought a C70 and got the RS2 and realize that it’s not working. Why won’t they fix this already?

ask canon?
the only camera from canons cinema series is the 200mkII which is supported
(here you can get the infos from canon)
no protocoll info > no support

https://www.dji.com/at/support/compatibility

sony cinema series also not supported missing sony info!
and there are also no other gimbal manufacturer which supports
any cinema cameras (exept blackmagic)
2022-3-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules