Telemetry freezing
2283 7 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timsomnia
lvl.2
China

Hi folks,

I‘m having a serious issue with telemetry on the DJI FPV Drone. What happens is that it freezes at around 45% battery level. Video is still live but all data isn‘t updated anymore and keps displaying the same values.

This is obviously particularly problematic with battery level. I had one emergency landing today already bcs of wrong battery readout. The freeze happened 4 times in a row now with both the standard remote and the motion controller.

Can anyone help? I find this to be really problematic.

Thanks, Tim
2021-5-2
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

I’ve never heard of this issue before. It sounds like you have a significant problem, and I think you might need to get DJI Support involved.
2021-5-2
Use props
Timsomnia
lvl.2
Japan

Buster1 Posted at 5-2 05:14
I’ve never heard of this issue before. It sounds like you have a significant problem, and I think you might need to get DJI Support involved.

After a bit more googling I found out that it‘s not an uncommon problem. Very often it‘s apperently caused by full SD cards in either the googles or drone. And indeed the SD card I had in the goggles was full.

I formated the card and will have a other try tmr but this is a bug that needs to be fixed. Very dangerous! What if your card gets full while you fly and then telemetey dies?
2021-5-2
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Perhaps. I’ve been flying for weeks with no SD cards in the drone or goggles, and haven’t had any issues. Try pulling them out and see what happens.
2021-5-2
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Th SD card thing could be true.
With my goggle SD almost full, when i turned on the googles i got he DJI sreen, but the rest HUD elements were not there for another 15-20 seconds, I thought the googles were stuck
2021-5-2
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

yes, I had this a while back seethis post

similarly it happened just after the sdcard in my goggles became full.
and yeah, it was concerning mainly due to battery indicator which froze at 40% ,
when I landed and rebooted, I'd been down to 20%

that said, Id assume the RTH and forced landing functionality is on the drone side, so i assume even in manual mode this would have kicked in at some point.

anyway - I reported to DJI, and they acknoweldged the bug, as said it will be fixed in next firmware release (wheneven that is)

now ive chucked a 128gb card in the goggles, so it'll never run out of space ;)

2021-5-4
Use props
MA2-Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ive had this with mavic air 2 so is it a controller software issue??
Re:frozen telemetrics on screen display
Flying my mavic air2 I have had this issue some 3 times recently and fortunetly the fpv kept working and I knew exactly where I was to return to home point but there was no update to the information on phone screen and I was fying with in my sight around open fields in the country and overall no more that 4-5 hundred metres max away.   It could have been worse of course however not knowing how much battery was left for example and so I landed safely and then turned everything off and started over and all was working.  
Finished my flights for the day and wondered what was the issue.. Does the telemetrics arrive in a different frequency to the fpv>?  Is my phone playing up although the visual fpv was fine.  Could there be some interference but no as I have this issue at different locations maybe not. I had bluetooth off wifi off and flight mode on.  
So the mystery continues -- I will take note of the batteries as suggested earlier here and keep an eye out for others who may have the issue.
Thank you in advance for any tips gretefully received
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_fe9TGn5qhmw1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3461240 ft
United States

This bug with a full SD card is still a thing that happens. As usual, DJI says it will be fixed in the next firmware update. And as usual, it still hasn't been fixed.
What a fantastic corporate culture you have here. Keep up the good work! I'm sure no one will come along and eat your lunch!
2022-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules