Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus issues
2286 19 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

Had my second flight today Air 2s  and as with my first flight with different camera setting the footage shows the camera refocusing in the recorded footage, has anybody had this issue or is there a setting I’m not aware of that prevents this happening
2021-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlanniganFlyer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-5-2
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Stephen thanks for the reach out, i'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9, i have added a few short clips of the focus issue below.

2021-5-3
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Have you looked at the file on the SD card, is it also the same?
2021-5-3
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes that footage I posted here is from the sd card
2021-5-3
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Videoeditman-- those clips look like the hi-res from the card.

FlanniganFlyer-- Seems like an issue on the camera especially if you've tried various resolutions. Best to reach out to DJI support on this.
2021-5-3
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I’m waiting on response from DJI RobZilla, thanks for you input
2021-5-3
Use props
Double2Seven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31490 ft
Portugal

Are you using manual focus or auto ?

It looks like its on manual ;)
2021-5-3
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Double2Seven, on my screen it is in MF and scrolled up to infinity
2021-5-3
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Resolved, it wasn’t easy to find how to change from MF to AF but I found a video tutorial on how to change between them, thanks all for your input
2021-5-3
Use props
SFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10322858 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve had this issue from time to time. I don’t understand why that should be happening on manual focus? Sometimes it ruined a few clips.  I can understand autofocus doing that, but not manual?  I think the focus feature is a bit lacking on this drone so far, hopefully it will be resolved.
2021-5-5
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SFC Posted at 5-5 09:40
I’ve had this issue from time to time. I don’t understand why that should be happening on manual focus? Sometimes it ruined a few clips.  I can understand autofocus doing that, but not manual?  I think the focus feature is a bit lacking on this drone so far, hopefully it will be resolved.

Yes what few clips I’ve been able to get because of the weather have all been ruined because of the focus shift, I will try the AF setting next time I’m able to get out flying
2021-5-5
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 5-3 11:54
Resolved, it wasn’t easy to find how to change from MF to AF but I found a video tutorial on how to change between them, thanks all for your input

Can you please share a link to the tutorial?
2021-5-5
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-5 19:18
Can you please share a link to the tutorial?

Here’s the video tutorial I mentioned
2021-5-6
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 5-6 00:06
https://youtu.be/hHU5RA6xvUU Here’s the video tutorial I mentioned

Thank you, that’s a great video but I don’t understand how it applies to the MF/AF issues seen in the videos you originally posted. What am I missing here?
2021-5-6
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-6 07:14
Thank you, that’s a great video but I don’t understand how it applies to the MF/AF issues seen in the videos you originally posted. What am I missing here?

Your correct I’ve posted the wrong video lol, I can’t seem to find the video that showed how to change from MF to AF, will keep looking and post ASAP, but that setting isn’t easy to come across
2021-5-6
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 5-6 11:37
Your correct I’ve posted the wrong video lol, I can’t seem to find the video that showed how to change from MF to AF, will keep looking and post ASAP, but that setting isn’t easy to come across

If you happen to come across it please do post it here, thanks!
2021-5-6
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-6 15:40
If you happen to come across it please do post it here, thanks!

Here's the video i was talking about and the MF to AF setting is at the time stamp 12min 13sec, but it's a good all round tutorial worth the watch
2021-5-7
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 5-7 03:29
https://youtu.be/us83n0lhB5Q Here's the video i was talking about and the MF to AF setting is at the time stamp 12min 13sec, but it's a good all round tutorial worth the watch

Awesome, thanks for tracking it down!
2021-5-7
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 5-7 03:29
https://youtu.be/us83n0lhB5Q Here's the video i was talking about and the MF to AF setting is at the time stamp 12min 13sec, but it's a good all round tutorial worth the watch

Awesome, thanks for tracking it down!
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules