1468 20 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Took my Air 2s out to fly with the Smart Controller.. what the heck is this "Altitude 0" text in the upper left corner?  I searched the forum for this term and nothing showed up so thats why I'm posting in case anyone actually knows what it's for.

Side note: tried to do a mastershot over open desert and it wouldn't let me.. said it would exceed my altitude limit.  What?

Thanks for your time,

Matt Caswell

2021-5-2
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

deleted comment
2021-5-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

MattCaz Posted at 5-2 22:56
Nobody? Am I the only one that sees this and wonders what it means?

This is a user forum, DJI are not guaranteed to answer you here. Be patient until someone comes along that knows the answer.
2021-5-2
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-2 22:59
This is a user forum, DJI are not guaranteed to answer you here. Be patient until someone comes along that knows the answer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.. I'm aware that DJI doesn't hang out here.

23 other people looked at it and not a peep so I guess I'm the only one with the question about it so far.
By the way.. Love Australia.. spent 2 weeks in Perth with the US Air Force. Beautiful city! Great people in a great country!

2021-5-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I use the standard controller and a smartphone and haven seen that yet, must be some bug, it's quite buggy the drone at the moment.
2021-5-3
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you upload a screenshot?
2021-5-3
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Upper left corner: Altitude Zone: 0
Okay, so I'm thinking it's part of the DJI Fly Safe system. Where I was flying I was far enough away from the airport that it was 400' max altitude zone.  There doesn't seem to be an answer that has a good explanation of why it's there.
-------
An Altitude Zone is an area of restricted flight altitude. ... In an Authorization Zone, all flight is restricted by default, but users can self-unlock with a DJI-verified account. These oval-shaped areas consist of two 4 km semicircles on each end of the runway that connect in the middle.
-------

2021-5-3
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

MattCaz Posted at 5-3 07:33
Upper left corner: Altitude Zone: 0
Okay, so I'm thinking it's part of the DJI Fly Safe system. Where I was flying I was far enough away from the airport that it was 400' max altitude zone.  There doesn't seem to be an answer that has a good explanation of why it's there.
-------

Many people have the same problem described in different ways, but in the end the problem is that and DJI has not commented on it:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241170
2021-5-3
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chatted with DJI tech support and Vivi told me that Altitude Zone: 0 means your drone won't take off because it's in a restricted zone.  Well, No actually it did take off and flew just fine.  Still trying to figure out what that is actually telling me.  If I notice something other than :0  I'll post it.
2021-5-5
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did a quick flight test with from my father's place since he lives outside of a military area and wanted to confirm this Altitude 0. He's also retired USAF so appreciate you and all those that serve!

Taking extra precautions I pre-checked the area with B4UFLY/Kittyhawk and DJI FlySafe and needed approval. So I did both the DJI FlySafe GEO zone unlock as well as LAANC. Not sure I needed both but wanted to make sure I was complying with all that's available due to a sensitive area!

No issues taking off and flying.  But I think depending on the area and where the Altitude 0 is at, you may be able to fly. Switching between camera and map view you can see the Altitude 0 area in a caution yellow color.

Hope this helps!

2021-5-10
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thank you so much for checking.  Funny How DJI puts it on the screen but nobody at DJI and tell me exactly why its there and what is it telling me.
2021-5-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You can fly but you are in proximity of a restricted zone where you cannot use Mastershots. This means 0 Altitude.
Cheers.
2021-5-11
Use props
Miguel Leitão
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

This might have some relation with the problems we are having with Fly Safe Database.Try the drone indoor without GPS signal and see if that message appears...
2021-5-11
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 5-11 01:55
You can fly but you are in proximity of a restricted zone where you cannot use Mastershots. This means 0 Altitude.
Cheers.

You might be on to something there.. when I tried to do mastershots it said it would exceed my altitude limit. hmm..
2021-5-11
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MattCaz Posted at 5-11 07:30
You might be on to something there.. when I tried to do mastershots it said it would exceed my altitude limit. hmm..

Curious if you  did the GEO zone unlock?  I'm guessing if you don't is the reason for the limit message.
2021-5-11
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I never got prompted for any kind of GEO zone unlock.
2021-5-11
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 5-10 06:22
Did a quick flight test with from my father's place since he lives outside of a military area and wanted to confirm this Altitude 0. He's also retired USAF so appreciate you and all those that serve!

Taking extra precautions I pre-checked the area with B4UFLY/Kittyhawk and DJI FlySafe and needed approval. So I did both the DJI FlySafe GEO zone unlock as well as LAANC. Not sure I needed both but wanted to make sure I was complying with all that's available due to a sensitive area!

Yikes! You cannot fly here legally. I live in the area and you are in Class D airspace and very close to a military air base (McChord) which does NOT have LAANC. In addition if LAANC was available it should have shut you down because the height limit is Zero ft! It's 400 Ft a little bit to the north but that does not matter as LAANC is not available there. You need a waiver to fly legally.
BTW: I live on 81st Street SW in Lakewood. Been dealing with this for a couple years since I can no longer contact the control tower for permission to fly.
FWIW: There is a FRIA in Steilacoom park that I sometimes use that is right in the middle of controlled airspace. Also Tacoma International has LAANC and as long as you are outside of the McChord Class D you can use the available LAANC for TIW.

2021-5-11
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NightThunder Posted at 5-11 12:17
Yikes! You cannot fly here legally. I live in the area and you are in Class D airspace and very close to a military air base (McChord) which does NOT have LAANC. In addition if LAANC was available it should have shut you down because the height limit is Zero ft! It's 400 Ft a little bit to the north but that does not matter as LAANC is not available there. You need a waiver to fly legally.
BTW: I live on 81st Street SW in Lakewood. Been dealing with this for a couple years since I can no longer contact the control tower for permission to fly.
FWIW: There is a FRIA in Steilacoom park that I sometimes use that is right in the middle of controlled airspace. Also Tacoma International has LAANC and as long as you are outside of the McChord Class D you can use the available LAANC for TIW.

I did get a waiver as I also used my 107 for this flight. Kittyhawk & Airmap gave me a 400 ft limit but I didn't exercise that, only flew upto 200 ft and below.
I've flown at Ft Steilacoom but lately it's been more FPV users and nothing of video/photo value other than drone feature testing.

2021-5-11
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 5-11 18:22
I did get a waiver as I also used my 107 for this flight. Kittyhawk & Airmap gave me a 400 ft limit but I didn't exercise that, only flew upto 200 ft and below.
I've flown at Ft Steilacoom but lately it's been more FPV users and nothing of video/photo value other than drone feature testing.

Excellent! I stand corrected. Time for me to get my part 107.
2021-5-12
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Seems that they forgot to make a difference between Geo Zone and NO FLY Zone...
So Mastershots is unavailable in all GEO ZONES...we are waiting for a correction from DJI, as in last MAPS they put an entire city in Geo Zone ))))) I was able to fly as I have unlocked the area, but no Mastershots....
Was not needed, but if you go in a nice place like a park or a GEO area that is misplaced in their maps, you unlock for flight but cannot use Mastershots...

So DJI must make the same unlocking procedure like in normal flight: AREA LOCKED FOR MASTERSHOTS! UNLOCK ?... And just make the statement that I assume all and they are not responsible...
Cheers.
2021-5-13
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 5-13 22:25
Seems that they forgot to make a difference between Geo Zone and NO FLY Zone...
So Mastershots is unavailable in all GEO ZONES...we are waiting for a correction from DJI, as in last MAPS they put an entire city in Geo Zone ))))) I was able to fly as I have unlocked the area, but no Mastershots....
Was not needed, but if you go in a nice place like a park or a GEO area that is misplaced in their maps, you unlock for flight but cannot use Mastershots...

Good info! Thanks for passing it along!
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules