Purchased another FPV Goggle V2 For Audience Mode but can't activate
6150 15 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

Running into issues getting the FPV goggles v2 to activate.  I turn them on and get the "these need to be activated with the assistant 2 FPV software".  Connect the goggles to my computer with the lates Assistant 2 FPV program running and the goggles aren't showing up.  I'ved tried the supplied adapter with multiple different USB connection options.  Also connected the goggles to my iphone with the Fly app and still can't seem to get anywhere.  I'm just trying to use these goggles in Audience mode with my FPV Drone and Goggles that are working for someone else to see everything first hand.

Any ideas??
2021-5-2
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a significant bug with the activation of the V2 goggles, which DJI has yet to address.

From your text, it looks like they have been supplied as standalone goggles, as you say its requesting connection to Assistant 2, which is how the DJI Digital FPV System components are activated.

If they are in 'Digital FPV System' mode so will need to be activated in the FPV version of Assistant 2. If you are using a Mac you will run into problems as the software has an issue working with OSX. There are various fixes on the Internet, but I haven't found any that work, so I resort to my work Windows PC to connect to anything Assistant 2 related. If that's the case you may need a friend with a Windows PC. Once activated, you will need to change them to 'FPV Drone' mode to access Audience Mode.

Do you have an option in the goggles menus to switch to 'FPV System'? Its under devices, if you have select it and restart the goggles. Once in FPV System, link to your FPV Drone, only then will you be able to activate them, using the Fly App. They cannot be activated unless they are linked to an FPV drone in this mode.

2021-5-2
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 5-2 12:23
There is a significant bug with the activation of the V2 goggles, which DJI has yet to address.

From your text, it looks like they have been supplied as standalone goggles, as you say its requesting connection to Assistant 2, which is how the DJI Digital FPV System components are activated.

"They cannot be activated unless they are linked to an FPV drone in this mode."

This is my understanding as well.

I have a second set of goggles but I also have a second drone so I didn't have this problem. The audience mode is really cool. I hope you get it working soon.

I wish the audience goggles had the option of sending video over USB. It would be nice to let the pilot remain untethered and let the entire audience (including those watching on tablet or smartphone) get the video from the second goggles.
2021-5-2
Use props
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 5-2 12:23

Thanks I will try this.  I have a macbook pro with Windows 10 on it however i'll try on another windows 10 dedicated machine to see if I can get the goggles to appear in Assistant 2.  I would have thought plugging the goggles into my iphone would work like my other goggles do and nope... the app says they need to be paired with an aircraft lol.

The goggles themselves appear to be fully locked, turn them on and get prompted with a message requiring me to activate them before they can be fully used.  Press on the 5D button to exit the message and all you can see is the current battery % in the bottom right corner and there is nothing else you can do.  Pressing the 5D doesn't pull up any menus, pressing any button to get some kind of response or menu doesn't do anything either.  It's as if the FPV Goggles V2 are shipped completely locked requiring activation.  I can't even pair them with my FPV drone just to get them to activate at this point... and all I really care about is the Audience mode, not having full functionality like the goggles that shipped with my FPV drone (frustrating).  I don't understand why DJI would sell separate FPV v2 goggles as standalones if they are useless.

I'll attempt on a windows computer to see if I can get the goggles to appear when plugging them into a USB slot and check back on here if any luck.  
2021-5-3
Use props
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

Had success connecting these goggles to a windows computer (macOS with windows 10 doesn't work).  Was able to see the goggles when plugging them in with a generic USB to USB-C cable and was then able to activate them.  There is also an update available V01.00.0606 that I upgraded to.  I still have to test that audience mode will work with these but i'm further along than I was.
2021-5-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HardDrone Posted at 5-3 05:57
Had success connecting these goggles to a windows computer (macOS with windows 10 doesn't work).  Was able to see the goggles when plugging them in with a generic USB to USB-C cable and was then able to activate them.  There is also an update available V01.00.0606 that I upgraded to.  I still have to test that audience mode will work with these but i'm further along than I was.

Don’t forget you need to change them to FPV drone mode to use them with the FPV drone. Even if it’s for audience mode. You may then need to pair them to your FPV drone to update the FPV System firmware. The goggles carry two versions of the goggles firmware. Nice and simple!!

Yeah the activation process is a bit flawed to say the least. Goggles sold on their own were destined for DJI air units, so DJI logic days ship them in that firmware. They never seemed to think that they need to be switchable prior to activation!
2021-5-3
Use props
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

I ran into issues trying to get the second pair of goggles to work in audience mode.  The goggles paired to the drone I enabled the broadcast option and then manually picked a channel (CH1) to try and easily connect the secondary goggles to it.  Within the second pair of goggles I tried to connect to any channel in the Audience settings and it wouldn't let me select any channels.  Not sure what i'm doing wrong.
2021-5-6
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HardDrone Posted at 5-6 17:33
I ran into issues trying to get the second pair of goggles to work in audience mode.  The goggles paired to the drone I enabled the broadcast option and then manually picked a channel (CH1) to try and easily connect the secondary goggles to it.  Within the second pair of goggles I tried to connect to any channel in the Audience settings and it wouldn't let me select any channels.  Not sure what i'm doing wrong.

You don’t need to pair the goggles to the drone to use Audience mode.

Make sure both sets of goggles are in ‘DJI FPV Drone’ mode, ie with the red messages in the bottom right.

Pair one set of goggles to the DJI FPV drone. Also pair your remote and motion controller if you have one.

Once you have an image in the goggles, go to ‘Transmission’ and set everything to Auto.

Then select ‘Broadcast’ the goggles will display a code.

Power up the second set, in the Transmission menu select Audience Mode, the goggles will display a list of goggles that are broadcasting, pick yours.

That’s it.
2021-5-6
Use props
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

Figured out the problem, the second pair of goggles weren't in FPV mode.  I found the option in Settings and then at the bottom then the option to "Switch to FPV Mode".  Once that was enabled the display overlay looked similar to the other goggles I use that is paired with the drone.  I was then able to go into the Audience area within Transmission and see the main goggles available to connect to.

Thanks for the help!  Hopefully this helps someone else out who is having the same issues.
2021-5-7
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

HardDrone Posted at 5-7 05:43
Figured out the problem, the second pair of goggles weren't in FPV mode.  I found the option in Settings and then at the bottom then the option to "Switch to FPV Mode".  Once that was enabled the display overlay looked similar to the other goggles I use that is paired with the drone.  I was then able to go into the Audience area within Transmission and see the main goggles available to connect to.

Thanks for the help!  Hopefully this helps someone else out who is having the same issues.

"the second pair of goggles weren't in FPV mode."

I was wondering about that. I didn't know the system well enough to be sure.

I'm glad you got it working. The audience mode with the FPV drone is pretty darn cool in my opinion. You even get the HUD data.

I just wish the audience goggle would output video over USB like the master goggles.
2021-5-7
Use props
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-7 12:22
"the second pair of goggles weren't in FPV mode."

I was wondering about that. I didn't know the system well enough to be sure.

Yeah that would be nice, it would be great to be able to transmit over bluetooth or chromecast for people to spectate with a TV or other device without requiring a cord.
2021-5-7
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmm. sorry cannot help; mine were listed; however....can't get audience mode to work
2021-7-17
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-2 15:46

requesting assistance in getting audiemce mode to work; dave www.jpl66.com Dave Smithwick

can u help me with audience mode? 623.853.5335 www.jpl66.com
2021-7-17
Use props
djiuser_57rReNJsaKBw
lvl.1

United States

HardDrone Posted at 2021-5-3 05:57

What a crock DJI requires one to have a pc to activate replacement fpv goggles time to get with the times DJI most people have a cell phone and or ipad. Laptops are mostly found for work with many restricted to Admin rights so to download and run the dji app will be blocked.
2022-3-16
Use props
socaldjiuser
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I am having the same issue here. I have a caddx vista air unit that I want to use audience mode with, surely you do not have to use a DJI FPV drone to use DJI goggles in audience mode right? Because these guys on this YouTube video are using a caddx vista unit and are using audience mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyIU5uMjBKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVXL_Aj-DI

2022-3-29
Use props
fans6505bbb3
lvl.1

Portugal

Duane Degn Posted at 2021-5-2 15:46

Try to use DijiView App
2022-8-23