DJI Remote Controller - throttle tension spot and right stick rat...
5103 9 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt_FPV
lvl.2

Belgium

Dear DJI

I got 2 remarks/questions about DJI FPV Remote Controler (Mode 2) (the square black one)

1. After some flying sessions I feel that there is a spot within the throttle range (Around 80%) that is sticky/rigid/tight.
Whenever I go through that specific spot it feels like I am going through some tension barrier in the throttle. Any idea what it might be?

2. My roll stick (right one) suddenly went into "ratchet" mode. The roll (horizontal) movement is no longer smooth but "ratchety", it distracts me when flying. Is it possible to adjust it somehow?

Thank you in advnce for your help

Matt

2021-5-2
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

It kind of sounds like a part came loose inside the controller.

Unless it would void a warranty, I'd open it up and make sure everything is secured the way it should be. With the controller open, you could take the opportunity to clean gimbals if any axis still feels sticky.

Before opening it up, you might want to make sure all the adjustment screws are properly set. Here's a link to the manual in the off chance you don't already have it.
2021-5-2
Use props
Matt_FPV
lvl.2

Belgium

Duane Degn Posted at 5-2 15:41
It kind of sounds like a part came loose inside the controller.

Unless it would void a warranty, I'd open it up and make sure everything is secured the way it should be. With the controller open, you could take the opportunity to clean gimbals if any axis still feels sticky.

Thank you. I will try opening it up.
Any idea why the roll/pitch stick is ratchetish in the roll direction?
Is there any screw inside that can adjust that?
From all I know only throttle has the ratchet adjustment screws in mode 2 and not the roll/pitch stick.

2 days ago I let my beginner friend fly for like 3 min, maybe he was too hard on the sticks and that's what caused it. Afterwards it started behaving like I described.

It is really weird because I bought the controller 1 month ago.
Last thing I would expect is a possibility of parts coming loose.
2021-5-2
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

Matt_FPV Posted at 5-2 21:12

If you only purchased it a month ago, I suggest you contacting DJI before you open the controller. It is likely still under warranty.
2021-5-2
Use props
Matt_FPV
lvl.2

Belgium

Ok I will do this first then. Thank you.
2021-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Matt. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI FPV Remote Controller.  It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the said warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you.
2021-5-3
Use props
Matt_FPV
lvl.2

Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-3 22:02
Hello there Matt. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI FPV Remote Controller.  It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the said warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen.

I adjusted the tension screws and ratchet/loose screws yesterday and the throttle now feels better.
I tried adjusting the tension screws of  the pitch/roll stick however the best I could do looks like that:
- Pitch has ratchet mode on anything above mid point and normal (non-ratchet) mode on anything below.
- Roll has ratchet mode on the left side but behaves normally on the right side.

I have already reached to the Support and made the ticket.

It's working ok, but it feels weird when flying. And in the future if it gets worse, maybe it is worth repairing it now than to go on like this.
2021-5-4
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

Matt_FPV Posted at 5-4 00:45
Thank you Stephen.

I adjusted the tension screws and ratchet/loose screws yesterday and the throttle now feels better.

It sounds like it's worth fixing to me.

Having DJI fix would likely be the safe and sane way to do it.

If you feel adventurous, here's a video showing how to open the radio. The radio is opened at about the ten minute mark.

As the video points out, there are little blobs of glue in at least one of the screws in order to show if the radio has been opened. In my experience, these blobs of glue are fluorescent in order to make them easier to see in an inspection.
2021-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Matt_FPV Posted at 5-4 00:45
Thank you Stephen.

Hi there Matt_FPV. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to assess and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2021-5-4
Use props
Steve_fpv92
lvl.1

United States

Matt_FPV Posted at 2021-5-2 21:12

Behind your batgery theres gonna be 2 screws there small and say m2 loosen the one on left like a half rotation or full. Its something lushing same thing happend to me.
2023-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules