536 8 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinhart992
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184213 ft
United States

Hi Everyone,

Just got my Air 2s and am totally stoked flying it.  This is not my first drone but it is for this caliber of drone.  I have been taking my time learning and really started playing with the camera today.  I have noticed that when I get my videos off the sd card (extreme pro 64) the stationary video and straight back and forth looks great but when the drone turns I get motion blur.  I am shooting at 5.4k 30fps auto, and have shot in all three color profiles (dlog, hlg, and normal).  I have watched so many great videos with no blur.  I know I need to practice and get the controls down better, but are there settings I am missing to cut down on the turning blur?  Also, I have noticed that the Cine fly mode still seems kind of quick and jerky.   I thought it would have been a little smoother.   I have seen a few other comments that it is not like the tripod mode on another DJI drone.  Anyone else think so?  That all being said I am having so much fun with this drone and the photos look insane.

Kevin Hart (not the comedian)
2021-5-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

30FPS don't do well with high angular movement, you'll need to record and reproduce at least at 60 (reduced FOV compared with 30FPS, so be aware) to get smooth footage with high angular movements.

It's the same principle that applies for hand held cameras. You can go fast in one direction, but that's all. Do a travelling, move forward, upwards, downwards, etc, but don't pan the camera around fast or you'll get a blurry/chopped mess, depending on the shutter speed.
2021-5-2
Use props
kevinhart992
lvl.2
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-2 15:06
30FPS don't do well with high angular movement, you'll need to record and reproduce at least at 60 (reduced FOV compared with 30FPS, so be aware) to get smooth footage with high angular movements.

It's the same principle that applies for hand held cameras. You can go fast in one direction, but that's all. Do a travelling, move forward, upwards, downwards, etc, but don't pan the camera around fast or you'll get a blurry/chopped mess, depending on the shutter speed.

Thanks!  I will try out some different resolutions and fps tomorrow.  I definitely need to get more subtle on the controls too.
2021-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kevin Hart. Congratulation on your new DJI Air 2S and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to analyze and to be able to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2021-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Congrats on your purchase, enjoy the drone and welcome to the forum
2021-5-2
Use props
kevinhart992
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-2 21:20
Hello there Kevin Hart. Congratulation on your new DJI Air 2S and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to analyze and to be able to see and assist you further. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen.  Unfortunately, I deleted my video footage but will get some more.  It is pouring rain here in Georgia for the next couple days.  Might be a few days before I can post some more footage but I will as soon as I get out flying.
2021-5-3
Use props
kevinhart992
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 5-2 21:25
Congrats on your purchase, enjoy the drone and welcome to the forum

Thanks Suren.  This forum has already been very helpful for this newbie.  Lots to learn.  Just learned last night how to do the 360 pano and upload to skypixel.  Incredible!!!
2021-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

kevinhart992@gm Posted at 5-3 04:07
Thanks Suren.  This forum has already been very helpful for this newbie.  Lots to learn.  Just learned last night how to do the 360 pano and upload to skypixel.  Incredible!!!

You're welcome. Its an amazing little drone with so many possibilities.
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kevinhart992@gm Posted at 5-3 04:05
Thanks Stephen.  Unfortunately, I deleted my video footage but will get some more.  It is pouring rain here in Georgia for the next couple days.  Might be a few days before I can post some more footage but I will as soon as I get out flying.

Hi there Kevin Hart. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please keep us posted. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules