Screen brightness
4524 15 2021-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CNT7
lvl.2

Canada

Ho everyone.....two flights so far, lots of fun learning. But even on a cloudy day, with my smartphone brightness at max, hard to see the screen. How does everyone deal with this?
2021-5-3
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

That's tough to answer becuase it partly depends how old your phone is. Newer phones keep working better in direct sunlight.
Iphone12 pro for example I believe has a brightness of 800 nits. Its better than previous models but still suffers in direct sunlight.
The Smart Controller is 1,000 nits and somewhat better but not night & day better.

2021-5-3
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Except in the desert there is always the possibility to stand in a shady place. Or turn your back to the sun so the RC is in your own shadow even with the drone behind you and the antennas pointing in the opposite direction. The range is then only limited, but should still be enough.
2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Well, I use sunhood. It works really great. It is important that it does not have magnets in it.
2021-5-3
Use props
Hendosvan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063392 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 5-3 10:51
Well, I use sunhood. It works really great. It is important that it does not have magnets in it.

Which one do you use ?
2021-5-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the smart controller at 1000 is not the greatest device but it is plenty for most people even in direct sunlight.  unfortunately the smart controller doesn't work with the mini2 and probably never will.  you may want to take a look at the tripltek tablet.  it's very bright and much better than any phone or most other tablets.  it is expensive but it will work across drones.  keep in mind, you're never going to get a perfect screen outdoors.  i have a 2000 nit monitor and it's awesome but you still can't see everything (if that's what you are looking for).  meaning, i flew over the golf course at 350 feet and i didn't see things on the monitor until i got home (indoors on my computer).
2021-5-3
Use props
CNT7
lvl.2

Canada

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 5-3 10:51

What is that??
2021-5-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Something like this:

Sunhood.jpg
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CNT7. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. You may try using the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood on your DJI Mini 2's remote controller. The remote control hood protects the smartphone screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the overview of the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... roller-monitor-hood
2021-5-3
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I use a tablet (Samsung TAB S6) that is brighter than my cell phone and a sun visor - that helps a little.
2021-5-3
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

I use my Galaxy S6 in forced super brightness mode (with an app)
Works very well.
2021-5-7
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

Hi relaxosmo is forced super brightness mode any brighter then normal full brightness ?
2021-5-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Photo Drone Posted at 5-7 05:37
Hi relaxosmo is forced super brightness mode any brighter then normal full brightness ?

yes, on S6 oled screen yes.
Its the same as when the sun hit directly the light sensor.
Now i can use this brightness in shade/cloudy day too.
2021-5-7
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

relaxosmo Posted at 5-7 05:39
yes, on S6 oled screen yes.
Its the same as when the sun hit directly the light sensor.
Now i can use this brightness in shade/cloudy day too.

Thanks, what app are you using to do this ?
2021-5-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

It's called "high brightness mode".
Needs root.
2021-5-7
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-3 11:01
the smart controller at 1000 is not the greatest device but it is plenty for most people even in direct sunlight.  unfortunately the smart controller doesn't work with the mini2 and probably never will.  you may want to take a look at the tripltek tablet.  it's very bright and much better than any phone or most other tablets.  it is expensive but it will work across drones.  keep in mind, you're never going to get a perfect screen outdoors.  i have a 2000 nit monitor and it's awesome but you still can't see everything (if that's what you are looking for).  meaning, i flew over the golf course at 350 feet and i didn't see things on the monitor until i got home (indoors on my computer).

I havw Crystal Sky 7.85" Ultra (2000 nits) and it has been awesome.  Sun overhead screen is clear & bright.  Size of screen & 720p or 1080p transmission means you won't see details that you see on 4K or 1080 on HDTV 65" screen.

I am looking at smart controller, but unsure how well it works on a sunny day.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules